Author Topic: Cruz Praises Trump, Offers To Help In Debate Prep; "I Will Do Whatever I Can To Defeat Hillary Clinton"  (Read 8347 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cruz Praises Trump, Offers To Help In Debate Prep; "I Will Do Whatever I Can To Defeat Hillary Clinton"

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) praised Donald Trump's performance at the first presidential debate in an interview with Hugh Hewitt on Tuesday morning. Cruz also offered to help Trump prepare for future debates.

"I thought Donald had the strongest debate performance he’s had in this election cycle," Cruz said on Hewitt's nationally syndicated morning radio program. "I think he really went after Hillary, which was a good thing. And I think he drew strong contrast, particularly on taxes, and on regulation and on law and order, and on the disastrous Iran deal. And so I thought it was a good debate night."

Read More At: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/09/27/cruz_praises_trump_offers_to_help_in_debate_prep_i_will_do_whatever_i_can_to_defeat_hillary_clinton.html

Offline sinkspur

Cruz is hell-bent to completely whore himself out to Trump.  What a pathetic person Cruz is turning into.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Trump won't take it as he doesn't think he needs help.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Guess will find out if Trump is really interested in hiring the best.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline skeeter

Guess will find out if Trump is really interested in hiring the best.
Perhaps there's more to this offer than just Cruz being obsequious.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Perhaps there's more to this offer than just Cruz being obsequious.

Cruz is not being obsequious- he is offering to help Trump because he is #NeverHillary and he'd like to keep a Republican Congress (for whatever that is worth.)
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Longmire

Online corbe

Trump is just looking for someone to Blame his Debate follies on and who best but a champion debater he despises.   I wouldn't think Cruz is that stupid, but lately I don't know the depths of this depravity that currently occupies his Mind.......Still willing to give the Man (Cruz) the benefit of the doubt, but my patience is wearing thin.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

geronl

Cruz is hell-bent to completely whore himself out to Trump.  What a pathetic person Cruz is turning into.

Ted is starting to sound like a simpering, whimpering kicked puppy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mr. Trump would be wise to accept Mr. Cruz' offer.

Whether he will, remains to be seen.

Isn't the vice presidential debate coming up next?
(I don't watch 'em, anyway)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Oh boy. Lots of people day's were just ruined in here...  :whistle:

Offline sinkspur

Mr. Trump would be wise to accept Mr. Cruz' offer.

Whether he will, remains to be seen.

Isn't the vice presidential debate coming up next?
(I don't watch 'em, anyway)

That's funny. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
It has to seriously eat at Trump to have invested so much in tearing down Cruz, then to get destroyed by Hillary in a debate and have to confront everyone's recognition that he now needs Cruz's help.

I don't think Cruz is being obsequious, I think he truly wants to help the Republican party here and he's enjoying reminding everyone that he's a much more effective advocate for Republican ideas than Trump could ever be.
James 1:20

Offline Gov Bean Counter

It has to seriously eat at Trump to have invested so much in tearing down Cruz, then to get destroyed by Hillary in a debate and have to confront everyone's recognition that he now needs Cruz's help.

I don't think Cruz is being obsequious, I think he truly wants to help the Republican party here and he's enjoying reminding everyone that he's a much more effective advocate for Republican ideas than Trump could ever be.

Trump found out the hard way how difficult it is to turn a one-on-one into a clown show like he did with the primary debates.

Offline Longmire

After some missteps Cruz is back riding for the GOP brand, which is well and good.

But I doubt Trump is ever gonna take advice from him or share his confidence.

geronl

and he's enjoying reminding everyone that he's a much more effective advocate for Republican ideas than Trump could ever be.

Not while he's advocating for Trump, he's not

Offline skeeter

Cruz is not being obsequious- he is offering to help Trump because he is #NeverHillary and he'd like to keep a Republican Congress (for whatever that is worth.)

I do not believe he is either. I was suggesting that perhaps he's making some other point about Trump's refusing to prepare for these debates.

Offline Applewood

Trump won't take it as he doesn't think he needs help.

Exactly.  Any efforts by Cruz to help Trump will be wasted.  The king won't take advice from anyone.  I just don't think Trump cares about the debates.  Rallies are much easier.  He is more in his element where he is surrounded by worshipers who will clap like trained seals at everything he says.

Offline Henry Noel

Well, I think I know where he's coming from. These are trying times.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Gov Bean Counter

I do not believe he is either. I was suggesting that perhaps he's making some other point about Trump's refusing to prepare for these debates.

I had a similar thought but since I had just finished reading a Trump quote, by mind was all tossed and I couldn't put it in a coherent statement..
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 03:07:22 pm by Gov Bean Counter »

Offline skeeter

I had a similar thought but since I had just finished reading a Trump quote, by mind was all tossed and I couldn't put it in a coherent statement..

I'm trying to imagine Cruz, the solicitor general and Princeton debate champ, sitting watching Trump "debate", aware of how high the stakes are yet how apparently little preparation Trump puts into these things.

He's making a wider point with this offer.

Offline Longmire

@skeeter you'd be well advised to spend a bit more time evaluating what Trump was doing while Clinton was holed up for a week prepping.

Nothing less than cutting her lead to shreds and turning Ohio into a solid GOP state.

Oh, btw...

Online corbe

@skeeter you'd be well advised to spend a bit more time evaluating what Trump was doing while Clinton was holed up for a week prepping.

Nothing less than cutting her lead to shreds and turning Ohio into a solid GOP state.

Oh, btw...

Correct me IF I'm wrong @Longmire but I don't recall Trump EVER losing a Debate according to your Sources, not that there's anything wrong with that.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline unknown

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Online corbe

@unknown I believe that Trump THINKS he can do all those things, what I can't wrap my Brain around is how 'you' could possibly believe he would do all those things.