Author Topic: McCaskill goes after Trump's weight  (Read 1983 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCaskill goes after Trump's weight
« on: September 28, 2016, 09:44:38 pm »
September 28, 2016, 03:49 pm
McCaskill goes after Trump's weight

By Jesse Byrnes

Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill (Mo.) on Wednesday raised the issue of Donald Trump's weight, poking at the GOP presidential nominee after two days of headlines regarding his 1996 comments about a Miss Universe winner.

McCaskill tweeted that her female Democratic colleagues have discussed the issue and determined that they're "concerned."

"Campaign stress? We think a public daily weigh-in is called for," she added.

Claire McCaskill

@clairecmc

The D women Senators have talked & we're concerned about Donald's weight. Campaign stress? We think a public daily weigh-in is called for.
2:10 PM - 28 Sep 2016

The Missouri Democrat then retweeted someone asking if her tweet was a joke, adding, "Yes. Obviously. A pointed one."

McCaskill has remarked on the issue of weight in the past, albeit in personal terms. She announced in 2011 that she had reached a goal of losing 50 pounds and cited Twitter as a way of staying motivated.

She jabbed Trump a day after he doubled down on his critique of former Miss Universe Alicia Machado, who is now supporting Trump Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton.
"She was the worst we ever had," Trump told "Fox & Friends" on Tuesday.

"She was a winner, and she gained a massive amount of weight, and we had a real problem. We had a real problem with her."

Clinton goaded Trump in Monday night's presidential debate, saying he called Machado "Miss Piggy" and "Miss Housekeeping."
Trump earlier this month remarked on his affinity for fast food when appearing on "The Dr. Oz Show." Mehmet Oz, the show's host, reviewed the results of a recent physical for Trump on the program and said he wasn't worried about the figures.

Trump also released a letter from his doctor this month claiming he was in "excellent physical health." Bloomberg reported that Trump has a body-mass index of about 30, a level that qualifies as obese, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

McCaskill's is the second harsh health-related attack directed at the GOP nominee this week.
Howard Dean, a former Democratic National Committee chairman, doubled down on his Monday night insinuation that Trump's debate-night sniffles were related to cocaine use.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/298333-mccaskill-goes-after-trumps-weight
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: McCaskill goes after Trump's weight
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 09:45:21 pm »
You first Claire

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline beandog

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 09:47:15 pm »
tRump is not Miss Universe nor did he sign a contract to not gain weight and then broke the contract.  He is overweight but he is 70 years old, not 19.  These women shouldn't talk about the Donald's weight unless we can discuss the Beast's weight.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 09:52:44 pm »
Oh no. Trump's been asking for this one for a long time. Like Trump said about Carly "Look at that face... Would anyone vote for that?...Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?"
I mean I need to spill the beans about Trump here after all a picture is worth a thousand words. Trump brought looks into this a long time ago he can live with the consequences.
As Donald Trump said at the debate we need to consider whether our candidate have the Presidential look. Now if Taft is your idea of the Presidential look then Trump is well on his way.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 10:02:08 pm »
Oh no. Trump's been asking for this one for a long time. Like Trump said about Carly "Look at that face... Would anyone vote for that?...Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?"
I mean I need to spill the beans about Trump here after all a picture is worth a thousand words. Trump brought looks into this a long time ago he can live with the consequences.
As Donald Trump said at the debate we need to consider whether our candidate have the Presidential look. Now if Taft is your idea of the Presidential look then Trump is well on his way.

The point you make that Trump is the one who introduced looks into the campaign is important to make.

He has, after all, been the one to introduce all stupid, superfluous insults to ALL the other candidates, and his insults about Fiorina's looks were the worst, because, of course, she was the only woman....... and all he cares about with women is how they look, and not who they are.

It's stupid for McCaskill to bring up weight (though Trump is clearly not "fit"..... and the BMI most likely really over 30), but he's the one who taunted first and has an abysmal record of degrading women.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 10:08:51 pm »
The point you make that Trump is the one who introduced looks into the campaign is important to make.

He has, after all, been the one to introduce all stupid, superfluous insults to ALL the other candidates, and his insults about Fiorina's looks were the worst, because, of course, she was the only woman....... and all he cares about with women is how they look, and not who they are.

It's stupid for McCaskill to bring up weight (though Trump is clearly not "fit"..... and the BMI most likely really over 30), but he's the one who taunted first and has an abysmal record of degrading women.
The media has been holding back on this line of attack for a long time. Trump's been asking for it from day one of the campaign. He's always been about the superficial and not substance. Stubby hands can dish it out, but he can't take it.

At this point, there are only two people who don't have the right to criticize Trump on this: Rosie O Donut and Michael Dirigible Moore.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 10:15:57 pm »
tRump is not Miss Universe nor did he sign a contract to not gain weight and then broke the contract.  He is overweight but he is 70 years old, not 19.  These women shouldn't talk about the Donald's weight unless we can discuss the Beast's weight.

You are really hot for Trump.  Hillary has never criticized anyone for their weight.  Donald has ...repeatedly ..but only females.

Donald is Fat, Fat,Fat.  And mean.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 10:18:00 pm »
Guaranteed to get a tweet...  :whistle:

geronl

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 10:20:16 pm »
A hard to miss topic.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 11:45:42 pm »
You first Claire

When I first glanced at this I thought she was just wearing a jacket and had polka dots tattooed to her arms and body.

Scary, ain't it?   :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 12:04:35 am »
@mystery-ak

"Howard Dean, a former Democratic National Committee chairman, doubled down on his Monday night insinuation that Trump's debate-night sniffles were related to cocaine use."

Wouldn't it be a "shocker" if Trump actually does use cocaine.  After his declarations of he has not had an "adult beverage", as in no alcohol, and never had a cigarette, it would turn the world upside down if he used cocaine. 

I said to Bob the sniffing Trump was doing was likely due to nerves.  I never thought of cocaine and I still don't think that was it.  I haven't heard anything from Dean in years, however, I don't travel in his circle of friends if he has some.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 12:25:02 am »
Éclair McCaskill

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2016, 07:48:09 pm »
Dem senator jokes about Trump’s weight: ‘A public daily weigh-in is called for’
Sep. 28, 2016 5:47pm   Tré Goins-Phillips
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/09/28/dem-senator-jokes-about-trumps-weight-a-public-daily-weigh-in-is-called-for/

During the first presidential debate Monday night, Hillary Clinton quoted first lady Michelle Obama, who at the Democratic National Convention said when Republican attacks “go low, we go high,” but that mantra doesn’t seem to be uniform across the whole party.

In a tweet Wednesday afternoon, Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) jokingly suggested Donald Trump should participate in a weigh-in every day, a jab at the Republican presidential nominee’s past comments about a former Miss Universe model’s weight gain.

“The D women Senators have talked & we’re concerned about Donald’s weight. Campaign stress? We think a public daily weigh-in is called for,” the senator wrote.

The D women Senators have talked & we're concerned about Donald's weight. Campaign stress? We think a public daily weigh-in is called for.

— Claire McCaskill (@clairecmc) September 28, 2016

The comment is in reference to Trump’s decision to double down earlier this week on criticism of Alicia Machado, the 1996 Miss Universe pageant winner whom the billionaire businessman mocked in an interview with radio host Howard Stern at the time and instructed to exercise in front of a gaggle of reporters....
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/09/28/dem-senator-jokes-about-trumps-weight-a-public-daily-weigh-in-is-called-for/

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2016, 07:48:41 pm »
Finally, a way to determine who really is the biggest loser this election.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 11:22:14 pm »
What is it they say about glass houses and stones?

McCaskill is at right.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 12:04:53 am »
I am just wondering what Diamond and Silk have to say about all this. :whistle:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 12:07:37 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 03:32:22 am »
Well of course the democrats have the advantage over everyone else, because everything they do is half assed! :tongue2:

Wingnut

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 03:35:17 am »

Can you stack crap that high?