Author Topic: "Trump called me 'Miss Piggy,' 'Miss Housekeeping'"  (Read 38647 times)

Offline sinkspur

"Trump called me 'Miss Piggy,' 'Miss Housekeeping'"
« on: September 27, 2016, 10:29:55 pm »
"Trump called me 'Miss Piggy,' 'Miss Housekeeping'"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8ZM58O_gBo
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: "Trump called me 'Miss Piggy,' 'Miss Housekeeping'"
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 10:30:44 pm »
Women voters love being called "Miss Piggy."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 11:56:29 pm »
Miss Universe 'fat-shamed' by Donald Trump was accused of threatening to kill a judge and being an accomplice to a MURDER bid in her native Venezuela

Alicia Machado, from Venezuela, was Miss Universe in 1996 when Donald Trump bought the franchise for the contest
    She was spoken about at Monday night debate by Hillary Clinton who told how Donald Trump had called her 'Miss Piggy' because of weight gain
    But reports from the time have surfaced which reveal questions over her background in Venezuela
    Court documents in 1998 revealed she was accused of driving her boyfriend from the scene of a murder attempt - at a woman's funeral
    A judge also claimed on national television that she threatened his life
    Unknown if Clinton campaign vetted Machado, 39, before debate and conference call with press on Tuesday which was almost all in Spanish

By David Martosko, Us Political Editor For Dailymail.com and Associated Press and Reuters

The former Miss Universe at the center of a bitter exchange in Monday's presidential debate was accused of aiding a would-be murderer and threatening to kill a judge, it has emerged.

Alicia Machado was named by Hillary Clinton as having been shamed for her weight in 1996 by Donald Trump, when she was Miss Universe and he bought the beauty contest, by being called 'Miss Piggy' when she gained weight.

The then Miss Venezuela was photographed with Trump at a gym as he spoke about how she 'loves to eat', and she also claimed he mocked her Latino accent, calling her 'Miss Housekeeping'. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3810484/Miss-Universe-fat-shamed-Donald-Trump-accused-threatening-kill-judge-accomplice-MURDER-native-Venezuela.html#ixzz4LVIGZ7E8

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 12:07:32 am »

Putting aside the fact that it was incredibly stupid for people to support a liberal in the first place, i find it very interesting that Donald has an issue with a supposedly fat female Miss Universe, yet supported a Tranny that isn't even female.

I would also point out the well documented fact that many gay men hate women passionately while simultaneously marrying beautiful women as a beard. Maybe there is a correlation here. Maybe there isn't. Some say there could be. I didn't. But some people do.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 12:09:22 am »
Everyone knew that the smear was close at hand.  Agent Orange must trash women.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 12:12:38 am »
I don't get Trump's supporters...

Geez it's ridiculous enough that your candidate brings up this issue  up in the debate and then doubles down the next day, but then his supporters start digging dirt on Miss Venezuela...   

Does anybody in the Trump camp have a sense of  self perception?

Pushing this is another of those things that make the candidate and his voters look like idiots... :facepalm2:

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:13:29 am by montanajoe »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 12:14:08 am »

Geez it's ridiculous enough that your candidate brings up this issue  up in the debate and then doubles down the next day, but then his supporters start digging dirt on Miss Venezuela...   

Pushing this is another of those things that make the candidate and his voters look like idiots... :facepalm2:

Obamadroids did exactly the same thing.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 12:14:53 am »
From http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/09/27/donald-trump-to-alicia-machado-do-sit-ups-or-you-re-fired.html:
“When Alicia Machado of Venezuela was named Miss Universe nine months ago, no one could accuse her of being the size of the universe,” the 1997 CNN report reads. “But as her universe expanded, so did she, putting on nearly 60 pounds.” (Years later, Machado would say she actually gained closer to just 15.)

It was then that Trump had invited what CNN called a “rowdy pool of reporters” to an exclusive gym to look on and snap photos as he trotted out the beauty queen to exercise in front of the cameras. Trump had her do sit-ups, ride a stationary bike, and jump rope for the crowd of photographers.

In recounting the gym incident to the New York Times, Machado said that “I was about to cry in that moment with all the cameras there. I said, ‘I don’t want to do this, Mr. Trump.’ He said, ‘I don’t care.’”

Garance Franke-Ruta Verified account
‏@thegarance
This is what Alicia Machado looked like when Trump took to publicly & privately humiliating her over her weight. She had just turned 20.
11:53 AM - 27 Sep 2016
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:16:02 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 12:21:27 am »
Obamadroids did exactly the same thing.

Because they are the same people. Same language, same disdain of conservatives, same (edit) excuses and same tactics. They can deny it all they like.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:23:50 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 12:21:46 am »
accused

...and a judge declined to have her arrested, for lack of evidence against her.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Silver Pines

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 12:24:16 am »

@montanajoe

You'd think they'd be furious with him.  He slapped his supporters in the face by not bothering to prepare for the debate.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 12:26:06 am »
@montanajoe

You'd think they'd be furious with him.  He slapped his supporters in the face by not bothering to prepare for the debate.

mas·och·ism
ˈmasəˌkizəm,ˈmazəˌkizəm/
noun
noun: masochism

the tendency to derive pleasure, especially sexual gratification, from one's own pain or humiliation.
        (in general use) the enjoyment of what appears to be painful or tiresome.
        "isn't there some masochism involved in taking on this kind of project?"

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 12:27:00 am »
Apparently I dig "fat" chicks.

Yea, call me a Chubby Chaser too I guess. I'll take one for the team.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2016, 12:30:52 am »
From “Trump: The Art of the Comeback,” 1997:

“The [1997 Miss Universe] pageant in Miami Beach, my first as owner, was a huge success. We’d sold out the house; it was a mob scene. From my position offstage, I was able to glance up to the greenroom occasionally. I could just see Alicia Machado, the current Miss Universe, sitting there plumply. God, what problems I had with this woman. First, she wins. Second, she gains fifty pounds. Third, I urge the committee not to fire her. Fourth, I go to the gym with her, in a show of support. Final act: She trashes me in The Washington Post — after I stood by her the entire time. What’s wrong with this picture? Anyway, the best part about the evening was the knowledge that next year, she would no longer be Miss Universe.”
+++++++++

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2016, 12:35:01 am »
From “Trump: The Art of the Comeback,” 1997:

“The [1997 Miss Universe] pageant in Miami Beach, my first as owner, was a huge success. We’d sold out the house; it was a mob scene. From my position offstage, I was able to glance up to the greenroom occasionally. I could just see Alicia Machado, the current Miss Universe, sitting there plumply. God, what problems I had with this woman. First, she wins. Second, she gains fifty pounds. Third, I urge the committee not to fire her. Fourth, I go to the gym with her, in a show of support. Final act: She trashes me in The Washington Post — after I stood by her the entire time. What’s wrong with this picture? Anyway, the best part about the evening was the knowledge that next year, she would no longer be Miss Universe.”

Seriously?  That'll be making the rounds now.  What a POS Trump is.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2016, 12:36:46 am »
This thread is worthless without pics....

Silver Pines

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2016, 12:37:18 am »
mas·och·ism
ˈmasəˌkizəm,ˈmazəˌkizəm/
noun
noun: masochism

the tendency to derive pleasure, especially sexual gratification, from one's own pain or humiliation.
        (in general use) the enjoyment of what appears to be painful or tiresome.
        "isn't there some masochism involved in taking on this kind of project?"

*nodding*

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2016, 12:41:19 am »
Seriously?  That'll be making the rounds now.  What a POS Trump is.

Anyone can be an bleep. But it takes a special kind of stupid to be proud of ones support for assholes.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2016, 12:42:23 am »

Yeah, he said she'd gained "50 pounds" there.

If so, she evidently put it in good places!

(Though I think Trump was just lying, as usual...)
+++++++++

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2016, 12:47:44 am »
*nodding*

Vicarious living, masochism, mob mentality... It all points to people completely uncomfortable with/unable to exist as an individual or express individuality. They have to be part of a flock and controlled for their lives to have worth or meaning.

Look at the Two min. hate from 1984. Thats them. 100%. Junior antisex League, Minitrue...it's a mirror image.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2016, 12:48:52 am »
Yeah, he said she'd gained "50 pounds" there.

If so, she evidently put it in good places!

(Though I think Trump was just lying, as usual...)

He may not have had time to learn weights and measures in reform school while undergoing his own personal Vietnam.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2016, 12:56:51 am »
:huh?:

Yeah, me, too, apparently. She looks healthy.

But to those who have a concept of the 'perfect accessory', specifications are bragging rights.
She's just there to make him look better, not as another person. That's a more subtle misogyny, but misogyny, nonetheless.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2016, 12:57:22 am »
I'm guessing that because Ms. Machado didn't remain almost anorexia-thin she became
Miss Piggy to Donaldus Minimus.

He isn't exactly alone in such misogyny. To a good many men today, whatever their ages,
women like Jane Russell, Ava Gardner, or Marilyn Monroe would be porkers.

This was Ms. Machado at the time her weight gain made news during her reign:

If that's Miss Piggy, I'm the Venus de Milo. I'd rather have a real woman looking like
that on my arm (like that will ever happen!) than the bony bodied mannequins Donaldus
Minimus seems to prefer.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.