Author Topic: Clinton says doesn't bother her if Trump doesn't show up to next debate  (Read 655 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Clinton says doesn't bother her if Trump doesn't show up to next debate

By Nolan D. McCaskill

09/27/16 11:24 AM EDT

Hillary Clinton will be at the next debate in St. Louis and the one after that in Las Vegas, regardless of whether Donald Trump decides to show up, she maintained Tuesday.

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, a top Trump surrogate, suggested that the Republican presidential nominee forgo the remaining presidential debates unless he’s assured by the moderators that they will “act like a journalist and not an incorrect, ignorant fact-checker.”

“Well, I’m gonna show up,” Clinton told reporters Tuesday during a gaggle aboard her campaign plane in White Plains, New York. “He gets to decide what he’s gonna do, but I will be there at Wash U in St. Louis and then after that in Las Vegas. If I’m the only person on stage, well, you know, I’m the only person on stage.”

The next presidential debate is Oct. 9 at Washington University in St. Louis, followed by an Oct. 19 debate at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.

Trump skipped two debates during the Republican primary — once to hold a competing fundraiser for veterans organizations and again because he was due to speak at a conference of the pro-Israel lobbying group AIPAC (the latter debate was ultimately canceled after Trump and John Kasich pulled out).

“Nobody told me about debates. As you saw, I thought the last debate on CNN was the last debate,” Trump told “Fox and Friends” at the time, though following that CNN debate he had told Chris Cuomo that he’s “had enough” of the debates after noting “they want to do two more.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/clinton-debate-reaction-228786
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Clinton says doesn't bother her if Trump doesn't show up to next debate
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 05:55:29 pm »
Maybe Donny will be holding a campaign rally in St. Louis that day instead ... more Trump's style anyways.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 06:22:34 pm »
Do we really want a petulant child for president?

HonestJohn

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 09:43:02 pm »
Ignorant and fact-checker are a contradiction in terms.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 03:26:17 am »
Do we really want a petulant child for president?

Do we really want a criminal for president?

Unfortunately, the reality is we are going to be stuck with one or the other.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 03:35:13 am »
Maybe Donny will be holding a campaign rally in St. Louis that day instead ... more Trump's style anyways.

Ferguson would be a nice out-reach spot for him to holds a rally if he won't do the St Louis debate.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 03:53:23 am »
"Clinton says doesn't bother her if Trump doesn't show up to next debate"

Translation: "You did your job well Donald.  No need for another.  You convinced a lot of folks that you are a bigger danger than I am.  Well done".
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775