Author Topic: In debate, Clinton gets no follow-up questions, Trump gets 6  (Read 414 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
In debate, Clinton gets no follow-up questions, Trump gets 6
« on: September 27, 2016, 04:17:27 pm »
In debate, Clinton gets no follow-up questions, Trump gets 6

Republican Donald Trump was kept on the defensive at the first presidential debate, in several instances having to debate the highly anticipated event's moderator as well as his Democratic opponent.

Trump was challenged on his answers Monday night at Hofstra University in New York at least six times by NBC's Lester Holt, according to the Washington Examiner's count. Hillary Clinton, meanwhile was no follow-up questions for the 90-minute debate.

The debate was separated into three segments: "Achieving Prosperity," "America's Direction" and "Securing America."

In the first segment, Trump was asked about his reluctance to release his tax returns, which he has said he is unwilling to make public until a federal audit on them has been completed, an excuse he reiterated during the debate.

Read More At: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/in-debate-trump-gets-6-follow-up-questions-clinton-gets-none/article/2602939

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: In debate, Clinton gets no follow-up questions, Trump gets 6
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 04:31:21 pm »
For a so-called master deal maker, salesman, and orator, that should have been an advantage to him.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 05:27:19 pm »
Trump was also interrupted dozens of times by Holt, repeatedly on the issue of Trump's early stance against the Iraq war.

In fact, I don't think Holt interrupted Clinton at all except to announce time was up.

Good thing Trump took it upon himself to interrupt Clinton repeatedly and with good effect.

Without Holt there propping her up, Trump would have knocked her cold.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 05:42:45 pm »
 I watch the debate and no question Holt has a favorite this election
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 05:47:13 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy