Author Topic: Ted Cruz on the debate  (Read 4385 times)

Offline jpsb

Ted Cruz on the debate
« on: September 27, 2016, 12:27:37 pm »
Tonight, a clear contrast was drawn between the two nominees. Tonight, Hillary Clinton made it clearer than ever that if elected President, our future will continue on the same path that is hurting millions of Americans.

If Clinton is elected, we know that the havoc Obamacare is wreaking on American families, on small businesses, and on our healthcare system will continue. We know that President Obama’s relentless efforts to crush the oil and gas industry and to wage war on coal will continue. We know that the Obama administration’s willful blindness to radical Islamic terrorism and the influx of unvetted refugees from nations infiltrated by terrorists will continue. We know that President Obama’s lawless executive amnesty will continue and even expand.

If Clinton is elected, we know that a liberal justice will be named to fill Scalia’s seat and we will lose the Supreme Court for a generation. With that, we know for a certainty that our right to keep and bear arms, our religious liberty and federalism are in danger.

Tonight we received insight into what a Hillary Clinton presidency would look like for Americans. We know that her policies would kill jobs, reduce wages, and continue the downward spiral our country has endured under President Obama.

Tonight, Donald Trump had his strongest debate performance of the election cycle. He drew strong contrasts with Hillary on taxes, regulations, law and order, and the disastrous Iran deal.

Rather than Hillary's America, we need to take a different path. A path that would begin to restore our country from the damage it has suffered the last eight years. We need to unite to defend freedom and restore the Constitution. And Hillary Clinton made absolutely clear tonight she would not do so.

Offline jpsb

Re: Ted Cruz on the debate
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 12:29:53 pm »
It is become very clear that Hillary can not be allowed to occupy the office of president of the United States. If you are inclined to vote R than a vote for anyone other than Trump is a vote for Hillary.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 12:34:12 pm »
Cruz continues to rehabilitate his reputation...good on him.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 12:41:42 pm »

@Longmire

Yes, this statement by Cruz might just save his Senate seat here in Texas. Welcome aboard the Trump Train Ted, better late than never.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 12:46:00 pm »
Cruz fails as a Trump pimp.  His tepid support of Trump is obvious. 

"He's not Hillary" is not going to work any longer.  She looked ten times more vibrant and healthy than he did (what was that snorting he was doing and hanging over the podium?). 

No, Donald looked and sounded bad.  Anybody who brings up Rose O'Donnell in a presidential debate as he did should be immediately disqualified.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 12:51:27 pm »
Trump this morning on the Miss Universe reference.  Women love this kind of talk, guys.  Try it at home:

Offline Longmire

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 01:13:09 pm »
Cruz fails as a Trump pimp. 

And you fail as a Clinton pimp.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 01:14:27 pm »
And you fail as a Clinton pimp.

Your boy sucked last night.  Hey, I ain't voting for Clinton either.

Can you make sense of this?

Offline Longmire

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 02:20:06 pm »
Hey, I ain't voting for Clinton either.

As evidenced by all the stinging critiques and negative stories you've posted about her.

That dog doesn't bark.  :nono:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 02:25:31 pm »

After Trump's very poor performance last night; Cruz is handing him a life line.  I still think he is making a huge mistake; sticking up for the Donald in the long run is going to come back to haunt him!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 02:27:41 pm »
Your boy sucked last night.  Hey, I ain't voting for Clinton either.

Can you make sense of this?

The usual 5th grade Trump nonsensical rhetoric.  Believe me.  He is going to lose "bigly"!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2016, 02:34:59 pm »

Like a good soldier Cruz is trying to put lipstick on Trump's embarrassing debate performance.

The wrong candidate was at the podium last night.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 02:37:07 pm by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2016, 02:43:09 pm »
Cruz fails as a Trump pimp.  His tepid support of Trump is obvious. 

"He's not Hillary" is not going to work any longer.  She looked ten times more vibrant and healthy than he did (what was that snorting he was doing and hanging over the podium?). 

No, Donald looked and sounded bad.  Anybody who brings up Rose O'Donnell in a presidential debate as he did should be immediately disqualified.

Not only that but in the beginning of the debate ... he kept doing a Rubio ... he was continuously reaching for and drinking water.  Maybe he was slouched over and looked like hell because he was sick?  Either that or he was hung over.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 02:43:40 pm by libertybele »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 02:45:10 pm »
Like a good soldier Cruz is trying to put lipstick on Trump's embarrassing debate performance.

The wrong candidate was at the podium last night.

Agreed!!  However, Cruz can no longer be blamed for Trump losing.  He's doing his best to prop up the orange baboon!

Offline r9etb

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 02:46:19 pm »

I'll put it differently: Trump was as bad as expected, but not worse -- and indications are that Clinton, even if she "won," did not put him away. 

If Trump uses the experience to work harder next time, to be better prepared, then Clinton will have a problem.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 02:48:53 pm »

This time, the media bias was very apparent to me; where were the questions on the Clinton Foundation? Deleting Emails? What about Hillary's own ties which could be called racist? Haiti? The Middle East situation?

Why didn't Trump bring those up? 

Too busy talking about Sean Hannity and Rosie O'Donnell.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 02:50:36 pm by sinkspur »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 02:52:19 pm »
I'll put it differently: Trump was as bad as expected, but not worse -- and indications are that Clinton, even if she "won," did not put him away. 

If Trump uses the experience to work harder next time, to be better prepared, then Clinton will have a problem.

Ordinarily I would expect a candidate to do just that.

The fact is Trump did just as good a job last night as he did at every one of the primary debates. The difference is the average republican candidate tends to debate issues in good faith while democrats are cheap shot artists.

Trump didn't have to prepare for primary debates, all he needed to do was cop an attitude and leave the other GOP candidates sputtering & unable to cope. Last night Hillary kicked him in the nuts repeatedly.

If he prepares for his next debate (providing there is another) it will be the first time.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 02:54:54 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lx8c3-djc8
@r9etb

Offline r9etb

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2016, 03:17:04 pm »

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 03:29:45 pm »

"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2016, 03:32:00 pm »

I strongly disagree.  Again, he has no in depth knowledge of what he's spewing.  He should have been preparing; he knew what the topic was going to be.  He knew some of the questions ahead of time; they both did.  Even at that he lacks the knowledge and intelligence.  That's like studying for a test when all the questions have been given ahead of time. You can study and know all the answers, but when asked to give an essay you're stumped because all you know is the answers to specific questions.

Yes, Clinton did put him away.  She's had decades of debate and speaking experience, combined with her in depth knowledge of government and government functions, regardless of corruptness , she looked intelligent where Trump looked like a total idiot and demonstrated he doesn't have a clue. She chewed him up and spit him out!

Clinton won't have a problem in the next debate as now she has the advantage of debating him and knows how truly stupid and incompetent he really is.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 03:39:35 pm by libertybele »

Offline r9etb

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2016, 03:42:53 pm »
I strongly disagree.  Again, he has no in depth knowledge of what he's spewing.  He should have been preparing; he knew what the topic was going to be.  He knew some of the questions ahead of time; they both did. 

Agreed, but again -- he did about as badly as expected on that score, but not worse.  Those with already-low or already-high opinions of Trump won't be affected by his performance, and I suspect the number of truly undecideds who were swayed by last night's spectacle were not too numerous.

Yes, Clinton did put him away.  She's had decades of debate and speaking experience, combined with her in depth knowledge of government and government functions, regardless of corruptness , she looked intelligent where Trump looked like a total idiot and demonstrated he doesn't have a clue.

By "put him away," I meant "made Trump unelectable."  It remains to be seen whether or not last night's farce has that result, but I strongly doubt that it did.  Trump's chances were never going to be decided by this or any other "debate," as his support is more grounded in other factors (frustration, fear or detestation of Hillary Clinton, etc).

If (big if) Trump takes the next two debates more seriously, then he can certainly work past last night's fallout.  Clinton will not get any better, so any improvement on Trump's part will play to his benefit.

All that said, it's appalling that we have these two horrible candidates before us, and that one of them will be the next president.  We're screwed no matter what.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2016, 03:51:39 pm »
I have been a huge supporter of Cruz, but for him to come out and say that this was Donny's best debate performance is purly ridiculous. He's playing the game that needs to be played for right now.  Interesting that Cruz is continuing to cover for Donny.  Let's see ... Ted endorses Trump, covers for Donny, ensuring he won't be blamed for Trump losing AND he gets big donor money after being told he needs to get aboard the Trump train.  IMHO, I think Ted knows there's no way Donny is going to win, nor ever had any intention of winning.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2016, 03:53:55 pm »
Who's Ted Cruz?

I know where you're coming from ... but just watch and see.  IMHO he's taking advantage of what's been placed before him.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2016, 03:55:26 pm »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/09/27/cruz_praises_trump_offers_to_help_in_debate_prep_i_will_do_whatever_i_can_to_defeat_hillary_clinton.html
Cruz Praises Trump, Offers To Help In Debate Prep; "I Will Do Whatever I Can To Defeat Hillary Clinton"
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34