Author Topic: Chris Matthews: ‘Brilliant’ Hillary Clinton Hit a ‘Home Run’; It’s ‘Over’  (Read 2158 times)

rangerrebew

Chris Matthews: ‘Brilliant’ Hillary Clinton Hit a ‘Home Run’; It’s ‘Over’
By Scott Whitlock | September 27, 2016 | 12:57 AM EDT
Share it
Tweet it
shares

Liberal cheerleader Chris Matthews could barely contain his excitement, Monday, spinning “brilliant” Hillary Clinton’s debate performance as a “home run” and declaring the race to be “over.” Matthews resorted to movie references, declaring, “I was watching A Few Good Men and she was Tom Cruise and he was Jack Nicholson. It was not close. It was over tonight.”

Matthews cheered, “ I counted home runs tonight, 5-0. Hillary hit them on everything.” As though he were blurbing a movie poster, the Hardball host hailed, “She gave a great answer and her fifth home run was her brilliant close. She cleaned his clock tonight. It was a bit embarrassing for Trump.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2016/09/27/chris-matthews-brilliant-hillary-clinton-hit-home-run-its-over
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 12:16:09 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

I wonder how many weeks ago he wrote his critique? :whistle:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I think is was essentially a tie, with each of Trump and Clinton able to validate and confirm the support of those already inclined to vote their way.   I read pre-debate that some 30 percent of the voters thought the debates would be critical to how they will vote.   I doubt many minds were changed, and the leaners are still leaning the same way as before.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Longmire

Its very clear that Lester Holt's main role was to keep Trump from knocking Clinton's block off.

Without his intervention Trump would have knocked her out.

Offline sinkspur

Its very clear that Lester Holt's main role was to keep Trump from knocking Clinton's block off.

LOL!  Yeah.  That's why Trump never brought up Benghazi or the Clinton Foundation (probably because he donated to it). 

Trump was on defense the entire night and said, after the debate, that he thought Holt did a fine job.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Norm Lenhart

I would have nailed Tawney Kitaen in 1987 on Coverdale's Jaguar. Because I'm awesome. Believe me. The greatest. But I had plenty of excuses too. But I could have. We'll just never know. Because I didn't.

And neither did trump 'knock Hillary's block off'. Which is what matters. ALL that matters.

Offline Longmire

I would have nailed Tawney Kitaen in 1987 on Coverdale's Jaguar. Because I'm awesome. Believe me. The greatest. But I had plenty of excuses too. But I could have. We'll just never know. Because I didn't.

This is the type of gibberish we've come to expect from leftist shills.

Whats your excuse? :pondering:

Offline Norm Lenhart

This is the type of gibberish we've come to expect from leftist shills.

Whats your excuse? :pondering:

You are the shill making excuses why your candidate sat there stupidly refusing to unload on Clinton. "He coulda!!!" He Woulda!!!'

He didn't. Period. He helped cover up her history.

Offline kjam22

I've watched analysis all morning bouncing between FOX, CNN, and MSNBC.   The interesting part is nobody is talking about any policy initiative Hillary mentioned.  I can't think of one and I watched the whole debate last night.  What I got from Hillary is that she wants to "invest" which means raise taxes on me and then waste more of our tax dollars on big government and typical liberal junk programs and that she wanted to hit Trump as hard as she could.   All of the analysis all morning is 24x7 Trump.   Did he do good?  Did he fold?.  Did he take the bait?  Did he talk to much about himself?  Why didn't he talk about whatever? 

I'm Nevertrump and after watching last night I'm reminded why I am..... but I'm also NeverHillary.   It just looked like two losers last night.  Clearly Hillary was the better arguer but she had to be.   When a man out argues woman he never wins.  He's criticized for it etc.  Trump should have just ignored the personal questions and spent 90 minutes repeating what he always says at his rallies.

Just my take on it all.
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline kjam22

You are the shill making excuses why your candidate sat there stupidly refusing to unload on Clinton. "He coulda!!!" He Woulda!!!'

He didn't. Period. He helped cover up her history.
You can't win as a man debating a woman.  If he had hit her hard and reduced her to a crying, wimpering old woman, or caused her to stroke out or something...... he would have lost.  The press would have killed him for being a chauvinist etc.    A man "beating up on a woman" is still not acceptable.... even if the woman is a complete witch who needs to be burned at the stake.
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline goatprairie

I personally didn't feel anybody "won" the debate. Both were doing their best to lose it. Trump missed numerous opportunities to nail Clinton on her idiotic, leftist talking points....just as I knew he would.
Her Heinous ended up looking more presidential (in the least favorable sense of the term) because he rambled too much about himself instead of sticking it to her.
Let's put it this way....as  far as "winning" the debate and looking more presidential,  Clinton was a little less of a loser last night than Trump.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Hitlery was far from "brilliant." She was calm, poised, well-rehearsed, and stuck the knife in numerous times.

Trump missed so many opportunities since he took her bait and went on the defensive. I wonder if he learned anything last night.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Longmire

Trump was on defense the entire night and said, after the debate, that he thought Holt did a fine job.

Trump scored early and often on Clinton during the first segment and went on defense (duh) when the questions turned to his income taxes and treatment of minorities.

Holt asked Clinton no followup questions, but pushed back on Trump six or seven times including an arguably false assertion that 'stop and frisk' was unconstitutional.

Compared to Candy Crowley Lester Holt did a fine job, but his interference prevented Trump from scoring a knockout.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

LOL..well that's the thing...now matter how Hillary did she was going to be declared the winner by the lib press...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline cato potatoe

Hitlery was far from "brilliant." She was calm, poised, well-rehearsed, and stuck the knife in numerous times.

Trump missed so many opportunities since he took her bait and went on the defensive. I wonder if he learned anything last night.

Hillary is just not an impressive person.  She wins by default when the alternative is four years of Biff.  It's hard to imagine any of the other GOP candidates losing that debate.  Maybe Carson or Graham, but even that is pushing it.

Offline libertybele

Last night was confirmation that Trump has been in this to hand Clinton the White House...he did just that.

However ... did anyone notice in the very beginning of the debate Clinton looking like she was having problems and expelled extra air as if she were in pain? She caught herself though and kept it in.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Trump scored early and often on Clinton during the first segment and went on defense (duh) when the questions turned to his income taxes and treatment of minorities.

Holt asked Clinton no followup questions, but pushed back on Trump six or seven times including an arguably false assertion that 'stop and frisk' was unconstitutional.

Compared to Candy Crowley Lester Holt did a fine job, but his interference prevented Trump from scoring a knockout.

Obviously you and I watched a different debate.  Trump didn't score at all.  He came across unprepared, sloppy, rhetorical and had no in depth knowledge of the comments that he made on any issue.  You can't blame that on the moderators, you can only blame that on Trump's piz* poor debating skills, lack of knowledge and incompetency!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline SirLinksALot

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
He's probably had it on ice for 7 years just waiting to see which name to put in the R slot.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Who is Chrissy boy kidding? This was over the instant the GOPe handed Trump the nomination!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longmire

Obviously you and I watched a different debate. 

The debate I watched had Trump hitting Clinton so hard on TPP and NAFTA she started to wobble.

Good thing Lester was there to catch her.  :laugh:

Offline ArneFufkin

The choice of questions was ridiculously biased as well.  Nothing about immigration, refugees, Benghazi, lost emails from private network servers in Colorado bathrooms, Libya, Egypt etc.     They spent 20 minutes on the Iraq War and 20 minutes on Obama's birth certificate.    Holt set up his very first question with a contrived and fanciful account of the Obama economic successes of the past 8 years. 

It was a joke and most Americans who follow this stuff saw what they wanted to see.  I just don't think Americans, by and large, care right now about who can win a forensics competition.  They don't like Washington politicians and they don't like the way stuff is going right now.   It's a change election and Trump is change.  If he wins - and he very well might - it will be that folks are just willing to shake things up.   Who scores more debating points in a dull event like last night is irrelevant.

I do think, however, the split screen worked against Hillary with all her mugging, fake smiling and bizarre countenance.  What the hell was that shoulder shake she had?   

Judge Napolitano was smoking something last night if he thinks the event made Hillary more "likeable".   
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 05:18:46 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
They spent 20 minutes on the Iraq War and 20 minutes on Obama's birth certificate.

Issues with all the impact of discussing what kind of lock to use on the barn door after the horse got away years ago and is now on its way to the glue factory.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline ArneFufkin

Who is Chrissy boy kidding? This was over the instant the GOPe handed Trump the nomination!

How did the GOPe "hand" this nomination to Trump?   He earned 1543 delegates through the primary.  The rest of the GOP primary field earned a little over 900.

This site is becoming "kooky land".

Online LMAO

Holt set up his very first question with a contrived and fanciful account of the Obama economic successes of the past 8 years. 

@ArneFufkin

I saw that and thought that was really odd and a little exaggerated. He spoke as if we were in the boom of the century
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy