Author Topic: Student suspended for posting photo of school’s discolored water  (Read 848 times)

rangerrebew

Student suspended for posting photo of school’s discolored water
September 26, 2016
By Victor Skinner

WESTLAND, Mich. – John Glenn High School student Hazel Juco was disgusted by the discolored water pouring out of a school bathroom faucet recently, so she snapped a picture and posted about it online.

“I always hope that someone will see it and want to help us,” she told WXYZ. “Because our school obviously doesn’t have the money.”brownwater

Juco said that shortly after posting the picture to Facebook and Twitter, she was summoned to the school office where she was suspended for a trumped up charge.

“I just took a picture of it. And then in my newspaper class I talked about it with them,” Juco said. “They told me I was being suspended, OSS (Out of School Suspension). It is inappropriate use of electronics in the restroom.”

http://eagnews.org/student-suspended-for-posting-photo-of-schools-discolored-water/
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 11:18:57 am by rangerrebew »

geronl

Re: Student suspended for posting photo of school’s discolored water
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 11:25:07 am »
The school should know that punishing this student is going to make them look worse than the bad water.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 11:28:53 am »
I have flushed better looking water than that.

Lesson one: The standard response to problems by petty bureaucrats is to shoot the messenger.

Worth reading, it gets better.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jpsb

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 01:05:49 pm »
Student suspended for posting photo of school’s discolored water
September 26, 2016
By Victor Skinner

"It is inappropriate use of electronics in the restroom.”

http://eagnews.org/student-suspended-for-posting-photo-of-schools-discolored-water/

This is what totalitarian government looks like. Unelect just about everyone, local, state and federal, they all have to go.