Author Topic: Clinton camp asks Lester Holt to fact-check Trump tonight  (Read 647 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clinton camp asks Lester Holt to fact-check Trump tonight
« on: September 26, 2016, 05:40:00 pm »

Clinton camp asks Lester Holt to fact-check Trump tonight

By Nolan D. McCaskill

09/26/16 08:10 AM EDT

Hillary Clinton’s campaign is hoping Lester Holt is no Matt Lauer.

Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook told “CBS This Morning” that his expectation for Holt on Monday night, when Clinton and Donald Trump square off in the first presidential debate, is that he call out Trump’s lies. Lauer was assailed by his colleagues in the media for allowing Trump’s assertion that he didn’t support the Iraq War go unchecked during NBC’s commander in chief forum earlier this month.

“We’re really focused on this opportunity that Hillary has to speak directly to the voters on the issues,” Mook said in an interview Monday morning. “But we are concerned that Donald Trump may lie, he may throw misinformation out there, and that Hillary will have to spend all of her time trying to correct the record rather than talking about the things she wants to accomplish.”

Asked what he expects the moderator to do, Mook said “all that we’re asking is that the record be checked.”

“So if Donald Trump lies, which he has repeatedly done in the past, that that be simply checked,” he said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/clinton-lester-holt-fact-check-trump-228663?lo=ap_a2
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Clinton camp asks Lester Holt to fact-check Trump tonight
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 05:40:45 pm »
LMAO...who is gonna fact check Hillary... :whistle:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 06:25:18 pm »
Is this the job of a debate moderator? My understanding of the role is you ask the questions and just enforce rules like length of time a candidate is allowed to speak and such

Candy Crowley, if memory serves, "fact checked" a statement Romney made in 2012 later to find Romney was correct. Off hand, I don't recall what the subject was but it became a big deal and Crowley had to admit Romney was right
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 12:10:15 am »
LMAO...who is gonna fact check Hillary... :whistle:

Exactly. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.