Author Topic: Number of Homeschoolers Growing Nationwide  (Read 551 times)

rangerrebew

Number of Homeschoolers Growing Nationwide
« on: September 26, 2016, 02:56:03 pm »
Number of Homeschoolers Growing Nationwide

As the dissatisfaction among parents with the U.S. education system grows, so too does the number of homeschoolers in America. Since 1999, the number of children who are being homeschooled has increased by 75%. Although currently the percentage of homeschooled children is only 4% of all school children nationwide, the number of primary school kids whose parents choose to forgo traditional education is growing seven times faster than the number of kids enrolling in K-12 every year.

Despite the growth of homeschooling of late, concerns about the quality of education offered to the kids by their parents persist. But the consistently high placement of homeschooled kids on standardized assessment exams, one of the most celebrated benefits of homeschooling, should be able to put those fears to rest. Homeschooling statistics show that those who are independently educated typically score between the 65th and 89th percentile on such exams, while those attending traditional schools average on the 50th percentile. Furthermore, the achievement gaps, long plaguing school systems around the country, aren’t present in the homeschooling environment. There’s no difference in achievement between sexes, income levels, or race/ethnicity.

http://www.educationnews.org/parenting/number-of-homeschoolers-growing-nationwide/
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 02:56:43 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Number of Homeschoolers Growing Nationwide
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 05:34:19 pm »
I hope to homeschool my grandkids in a few years.  The only way to go to bypass the progressive blight.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Number of Homeschoolers Growing Nationwide
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 07:03:39 pm »
I hope to homeschool my grandkids in a few years.  The only way to go to bypass the progressive blight.

Where we are at right now Sanguine, I tell anyone conservative and especially religious straight up - get your butt out of the system any way you can. The less dependent you are on it, the better off you will be when it inevitably, and I'm afraid likely sooner than later, starts unraveling and becomes undependable.
The Republic is lost.