Author Topic: Where did all those ‘Trump Lies’ articles come from this weekend? The Clinton campaign, of course  (Read 1045 times)

Offline endicom

Hot Air
Larry O'Connor
Sept. 26, 2016

Over the weekend, several major American newspapers printed a variation of the same article pointing out instances, ion their view, when Donald Trump has lied to the American people during the 2016 presidential campaign.

The New York Times started the chain reaction on Saturday: “A Week of Whoppers”

Then, the LA Times, Washington Post and Politico followed suit.

As CNN media analyst Brian Stelter points out, the publications claim the timing was a coincidence:

More... http://hotair.com/archives/2016/09/26/trump-lies-articles-come-weekend-clinton-campaign-course/

Coincidentally...

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Donald Trump - Ultimate victim.

Offline endicom

Offline Norm Lenhart

Hot Air
Larry O'Connor
Sept. 26, 2016

Over the weekend, several major American newspapers printed a variation of the same article pointing out instances, ion their view, when Donald Trump has lied to the American people during the 2016 presidential campaign.

The New York Times started the chain reaction on Saturday: “A Week of Whoppers”

Then, the LA Times, Washington Post and Politico followed suit.

As CNN media analyst Brian Stelter points out, the publications claim the timing was a coincidence:

More... http://hotair.com/archives/2016/09/26/trump-lies-articles-come-weekend-clinton-campaign-course/

Coincidentally...

I guess my only observation would be that Donald Trump lying is hardly newsworthy. Thats like reporting that he breaths. If Donald Trump told the truth and didn't retract it a few tweets later, THAT would be newsworthy.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The last time I checked, the lies came right out of his mouth. Unless of course, they are admitting that Trump is just Clinton's puppet.

Offline Longmire

I watched a round-table discussion on this subject last night led by Chris Hayes.

It began with NBC's political commissar John Harwood proclaiming that journalists were first and foremost 'truth tellers'.

The panel then spent the next five minutes discussing all the way Trump lies without once mentioning Clinton.

:laugh:

Offline Just_Victor

If only Trump weren't making the media attacks so easy.

If only....
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline The_Reader_David

The last time I checked, the lies came right out of his mouth. Unless of course, they are admitting that Trump is just Clinton's puppet.

Full disclosure:  I will be voting for Gary Johnson (flaky though he is) rather than either of the wannabe-Caesars come November.  (The decision to not give my assent to either of Trump or Clinton being President is a moral decision.  The choice of Johnson is strategic -- back the third party candidate likely to get the most votes in hope of helping eventually break the duopoly that gave us this pair of corrupt, prevaricating would-be dictators to chose from.)

That said, the "Trump lies" articles include assertions that vague but implausible policy statements were "lies" and their own falsehood of attempts to cover up the Clintonian origin of "birtherism" (Sid Blumenthal).  The only manifest lie is Trump's claims about his shifting stance on the Iraq war.  The compendia of "Trump lies" do read more like Clinton campaign literature than actual journalism exposing falsehoods spoken by a candidate for high office.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
LA Times we might remember, still sits on that video where Obama spoke to Palestinians/about Khalidi;

The LA Times has come out and said that video is not that controversial; but nonetheless, they keep it under lock and key. 

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep/21/news/la-pn-khalidi-video-not-for-sale-20120921

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Full Disclosure: I will not vote for pro-abortion, culture of death candidates like Gary Johnson;  open borders, pro-gay marriage, following wacky versions of libertarianism, not like the Pauls.

I vote for the Republican candidate, my view is not cynical; I voted for George W. Bush, who though purporting himself to be a "Texas Conservative", mismanaged the Iraq invasion which in turn caused sectarianism and persecution of Christians who had been there for 2000 years in that area of the Middle East.  One of the most pro-life candidates ever is running for Vice-President.  Trump has basically overthrown the Bushism that has come close to ruining the Republican party.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 02:40:18 pm by TomSea »

Offline endicom

I watched a round-table discussion on this subject last night led by Chris Hayes.

It began with NBC's political commissar John Harwood proclaiming that journalists were first and foremost 'truth tellers'.

The panel then spent the next five minutes discussing all the way Trump lies without once mentioning Clinton.

:laugh:

Being true to form shouldn't mean forming what's true. Maybe Harwood was attempting humor.

Offline endicom

Trump has basically overthrown the Bushism that has come close to ruining the Republican party.

Hopefully. But there was little to the Republican Party to ruin. Those guys waving the bible in one hand and the flag in the other were just campaigning.