Author Topic: Holy Candy Crowley: Lester Holt Looks to be Designated Trump Slayer at First Debate  (Read 1109 times)

rangerrebew

Holy Candy Crowley: Lester Holt Looks to be Designated Trump Slayer at First Debate

September 26, 2016| by Donn Marten

During the last election cycle, at a key juncture in the final debate a CNN moderator interjected herself into the process on the side of Barack Obama. Clocking in at around 300 pounds, CNN celebrity host Candy Crowley bulldozed her way into the debate to deliberately kneecap the hapless and doomed Mitt Romney. The insipid blathering sow pulled Barry’s chestnuts out of the fire just as Romney was closing in for the kill and the rest is history. Now, with the big event set to go down on Monday night at New York’s Hofstra University there are reports that NBC’s anchorman Lester Holt may be prepared to be the one to bury a shank in Trump during what will be one of the most watched television events in American history.

http://downtrend.com/donn-marten/holy-candy-crowley-lester-holt-looks-to-be-designated-trump-slayer-at-first-debate
According to CNN Money “How Lester Holt is getting ready for Monday’s debate”:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 01:00:47 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Don't worry.  Drudge will have declared Trump the winner before it starts........
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

The only way the moderator can trip up a candidate is if the candidate is a loser.

Offline skeeter

The only way the moderator can trip up a candidate is if the candidate is a loser.

True. If only Romney had said something like 'Are you also the designated fact checker, Candy?' instead of 'oh, ok'.

Offline Longmire

Romney choked, just like McCain did.

Its the reason Trump decided to run.

rangerrebew

It will be interesting to see how many soft balls he tosses to madam.

Offline cato potatoe

Team Trump is already floating the excuses.  If the moderator wants to challenge Trump, he will ask questions that could only be answered by somebody with relevant experience.  Most of the time, this would be due diligence in selecting a CIC, but nobody seems to care about that anymore.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Clocking in at around 300 pounds, CNN celebrity host Candy Crowley bulldozed her way into the debate to deliberately kneecap the hapless and doomed Mitt Romney.”

I almost stopped reading at that point. What does her weight have to do with anything? Feel free to attack her on substance, attack her on bias she’s shown, attack her on the job she did as a debate moderator in 2012, but her weight? Really? That is about as juvenile as when Trump supporters attacked Megyn Kelly because of her new short hair do.  And FWIW, Trump supporters have no room to criticize someone’s hair.

“Breitbart News is reporting that it’s a foregone conclusion that Holt is going to be the designated Trump slayer in the first match-up with Hollerin’ Hillary around whom the media and moderators will form a protective phalanx.”

Breitbart News is reporting...

I am reserving judgement on Lester Holt until after the debate is over.

I would have a problem if he only lobs softball questions to Clinton and doesn’t challenge any of her answers or lies with a follow up question but aggressively goes after Trump. And vice versa.  We shall see in a few hours.

If he ends up being fair and balanced but tough on both and not allowing either of them give answers that should not necessarily go unchallenged with a challenge or follow up, then I won’t have a problem with that. This is after all a job interview.

I’ve been a hiring manager and have interviewed many people over the years.  In my experience sometimes you as an interviewer catch an inconsistency or vague answer such as when asking -
why did you leave your last job and not work for the next year?”  I am also out of work right now and have been interviewing and a few of them have been brutal, but having been on the other side of the table, nothing that what I would consider unfair. 

If someone wants a debate moderator who just ask questions off of a list of questions and only be there to make sure the candidates don’t go over their allotted time, that’s fine.  I get that.  But I for one have no problem with some fact checking and follow up questions as long as 1) it is really a fact checking and 2) is applied to both candidates equally.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Romney choked, just like McCain did.

Its the reason Trump decided to run.

Romney and McLame both threw their election.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Team Trump is already floating the excuses.  If the moderator wants to challenge Trump, he will ask questions that could only be answered by somebody with relevant experience.  Most of the time, this would be due diligence in selecting a CIC, but nobody seems to care about that anymore.

Asking substantive questions isn't fair and is proof of a rigged game... /s
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Longmire

Romney and McLame both threw their election.

I've long thought that McCain took a dive but it wasn't until this year that I've come to realize Romney may have also.