Author Topic: Carr: Debate fix is in ... for Hillary Clinton  (Read 1145 times)

Wingnut

Carr: Debate fix is in ... for Hillary Clinton
« on: September 25, 2016, 11:01:46 pm »
Carr: Debate fix is in ... for Hillary Clinton
Boston Herald, Sep 25, 2016, Howie Carr

First presidential debates are a lot like Super Bowls — most years they don’t live up to the pregame hype. How could they?

The difference between debates and Super Bowls is that at kickoff, the score is even, 0-0. Tomorrow night at 9, Hillary Clinton starts with at least a 14-0 lead, maybe 17-0. That’s her built-in mainstream media advantage.

Vegas wouldn’t touch this one with a 10-foot pole. It’s fixed.

Whatever happens on Long Island, Hillary will immediately be declared the winner by 98 percent of the press. The headlines are already written, the phony-baloney polls and focus groups are ready to roll.

Hillary has to accomplish only two feats in Hempstead. The first one is to get off a couple of canned zingers for her adoring fans in social media to run with Tuesday morning.

What's the over/under on how many minutes it will take her to say, "I'm a grandmother"? Comrade Chris Matthews and Andrea Mitchell will lap it up with a spoon. Oh, she so humanized herself, blah blah blah.

Hillary's second task may prove more daunting: She has to remain vertical for 90 long minutes, with no oxygen mask or iron lung up there on the stage.

As we all know, there's something wrong with Hillary, and I don't mean her cirrhosis of the soul. There's that hacking cough, and her tendency to collapse in sweltering 78-degree heat waves. Delivering prepared remarks, she sometimes blanks out in mid-sentence. And now there's that thing with her eyes.

Still, she's got it a lot easier than Donald Trump. Think about it - if he interrupts her, he's a misogynist bully. If she interrupts him, she is woman, hear her roar. She is powering through. They'll put the blast on him if he calls her "Hillary." How dare he not respect Madame Secretary!

With Democrats, if it weren't for the double standard, there would be no standards at all.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/howie_carr/2016/09/carr_debate_fix_is_in_for_hillary_clinton

Wingnut

Re: Carr: Debate fix is in ... for Hillary Clinton
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 11:04:15 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

I'm afraid the fix goes a lot deeper than the debates.

@bigheadfred

She can't touch you here.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 11:16:13 pm »
@bigheadfred

She can't touch you here.

Great. All I was trying to say is that I have a bad feeling hillary wins no matter what. The fix is in.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 11:20:04 pm »
Great. All I was trying to say is that I have a bad feeling hillary wins no matter what. The fix is in.

Trump is throwing it to her.   Her game to loose.   Trump doesn't want it. 

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 11:38:19 pm »

During the primaries, I seriously wondered why he was in the race.  It seemed as if his every bleep was about twice as stupid as the last one, as if he was trying to throw the race but just couldn't manage to.  Then came the "I could shoot someone..." comment, where it seemed like he figured out there really were enough stupid people in this country that he actually could pull off a win.

What a sad moment for our nation, when even DJT could recoginze that there were tens of millions of people even stupider than he is.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 11:50:08 pm »
Trumps next product should Trump Teflon.

LOL. We should all be investing in rubber boots?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 12:02:49 am »

At some point enough of you folks will wake up and recognize we suffered a velvet coup back in 2012.

However I think a vast majority will refuse to recognize the Trojan Stalking Horse sent in to ensure the 'fix' looked legit to the vast majority.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 12:06:03 am »
@Wingnut

Good boy.  You're doing your trashing in the correct section of the forum.   I knew you would get it!!  888high58888

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 12:06:56 am »
At some point enough of you folks will wake up and recognize we suffered a velvet coup back in 2012.

However I think a vast majority will refuse to recognize the Trojan Stalking Horse sent in to ensure the 'fix' looked legit to the vast majority.

Velvet coup. You mean the way romney folded tent despite certain discrepancies in voting in certain key states?

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 12:13:56 am »
@Wingnut

Good boy.  You're doing your trashing in the correct section of the forum.   I knew you would get it!!  888high58888

If anything....you are predictable. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 12:16:35 am »

Agreed.  Only glitch that 'they' weren't counting on is her health.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 12:21:19 am »
During the primaries, I seriously wondered why he was in the race.  It seemed as if his every bleep was about twice as stupid as the last one, as if he was trying to throw the race but just couldn't manage to.  Then came the "I could shoot someone..." comment, where it seemed like he figured out there really were enough stupid people in this country that he actually could pull off a win.

What a sad moment for our nation, when even DJT could recoginze that there were tens of millions of people even stupider than he is.

That die was cast in 12 when a nation of marching morons tried electing a guy that profits from the incineration of dead aborted kids his own laws killed, fathered gay marriage in America and wrote the core of Obamacare...in the name of God and conservatism. Many of which still make excuses over doing to this day. You do not get ANY stupider than that. And once you do something that asinine with a straight face, then voting for Trump is pretty easy.

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 12:29:31 am »
Agreed.  Only glitch that 'they' weren't counting on is her health.

That is the fly in the ointment.   

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 12:58:50 am »
Velvet coup. You mean the way romney folded tent despite certain discrepancies in voting in certain key states?

Yeah, that and Obama getting 100% of the vote in key counties in 3 different crucial states to put him over the top.

I'd seen that practice before when I was a silly GOP precinct captain in the NW burbs of Chicago.

Now that institutionalized corruption is national.

You all saw your last "legit" national contest in '08.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775