Author Topic: Clinton camp says it’s ‘unfair’ to expect Hillary to police Trump rhetoric at debate  (Read 865 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Bradford Richardson - The Washington Times - Sunday, September 25, 2016

Hillary Clinton’s campaign is pressuring Monday night’s moderator to take a more active role in the presidential debate, saying it’s “unfair” to expect the Democratic presidential nominee to dispute the veracity of Donald Trump’s claims.

“It’s unfair to ask for Hillary both to play traffic cop with Trump, make sure that his lies are corrected, and also to present her vision for what she wants to do for the American people,” Robby Mook said on ABC’s “This Week.”

When pressed by host George Stephanopoulos that that’s “what a debater is supposed to do,” Mr. Mook said this case is “special.”

“Well, I think Donald Trump’s special,” Mr. Mook said. “We haven’t seen anything like this. We normally go into a debate with two candidates who have a depth of experience, who have rolled out clear, concrete plans, and who don’t lie, frankly, as frequently as Donald Trump does.”

“So we’re saying this is a special circumstance, a special debate, and Hillary should be given some time to actually talk about what she wants to do to make a difference in people’s lives,” he continued. “She shouldn’t have to spend the whole debate correcting the record.”

more
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/25/robby-mook-unfair-expect-hillary-clinton-police-do/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Which Hitlery will show up tomorrow? Poor little victim Hitlery, rabid shouting pop-eyed Hitlery ala the Union video where she shouted about not knowing why she was not leading by 50 points, drugged Hitlery, ataxic Hitlery, screeching Hitlery, coughing Hitlery, or cackling Hitlery?

Sounds like she is leaning towards poor, poor, pitiful me Hitlery.

Heard on Fox news that 74% of registered voters will be watching the debate. TBR seems to have a smaller number who will be tuning in if the posts are to be believed. :pondering:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
austingirl wrote:
"Which Hitlery will show up tomorrow? Poor little victim Hitlery, rabid shouting pop-eyed Hitlery ala the Union video where she shouted about not knowing why she was not leading by 50 points, drugged Hitlery, ataxic Hitlery, screeching Hitlery, coughing Hitlery, or cackling Hitlery?"

It don't matter.

I won't be watching.

Offline sinkspur

Which Hitlery will show up tomorrow? Poor little victim Hitlery, rabid shouting pop-eyed Hitlery ala the Union video where she shouted about not knowing why she was not leading by 50 points, drugged Hitlery, ataxic Hitlery, screeching Hitlery, coughing Hitlery, or cackling Hitlery?

Heard on Fox news that 74% of registered voters will be watching the debate. TBR seems to have a smaller number who will be tuning in if the posts are to be believed. :pondering:

One thing's for sure.  Whichever Hillary shows up will know a helluva lot more about policy and issues than Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ArneFufkin

So, the "smartest woman on Earth" is playing the "damsel-in-distress" card?

These people are so damn transparent.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Poor little Hitlery gets a very special built-up podium- probably has foot wells so she doesn't fall over.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline sinkspur

This means she's going to police him on facts.

She has to connect, but she also has to show that Trump is incompetent.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Vulcan

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Oh, com on!  They are both claiming victim status.  Trump saying that moderators should not question his lies.  I say its only fair to the people watching if they call both of their lying butts out on national television for all the people to see.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline mountaineer

This photo was taken yesterday in NYC. I don't know what the weather was like there, but it was 80 degrees in Pittsburgh, which isn't that far away.

Gettin' ready for the debate! (if I can just make it down these stairs).

More
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org