Author Topic: WOW! Trump Breaks Early Voting Record In Florida: National Landslide Looms - DC Whispers  (Read 5072 times)

Offline endicom

This has been the lightest election year I recall ever seeing for stickers and signs. I think I've seen more old 08 Obama or Romney stickers than I have ones relevant to this election.

Same here in southern New York. The only signs I've noticed are for some local characters. Very light on the mailbox clutter as well.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Same here in southern New York. The only signs I've noticed are for some local characters. Very light on the mailbox clutter as well.

I saw over 200 Trump flags. They were all in one yard where the guy was selling them for $5. He also had USA flags, Mexican flags, all kinds of NASCAR flags and even a few Clinton flags.

As far as yard signs are concerned, I've only seen a couple.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I saw many more signs in 2012, that being said, I see just as many Trump signs as Hillary signs and this is in Massachusetts.

Offline Norm Lenhart

:silly:

And know you know how we got Trump. His primary voters are morons.

Although true, your statement has one extra word. 'Primary" doesn't need to be there.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Rural Western New York: I've seen a couple of Trump signs here or there, and one Gary Johnson sign. I haven't seen any Hillary signs. (I did see a couple Bernie signs back in the primaries.)

I'm seeing far more signs for local elections. There's a competitive race for mayor in the next city over, and the Indian reservation is holding their elections. There are a couple of county legislator races as well.

This is an area of the state where there usually are a lot of signs. This was Carl Paladino territory and you could see his signs on almost every other lawn in 2010. You still see "Repeal the SAFE Act" signs around quite a bit. I don't remember there being a lot of Romney signs but I do remember "America vs. Obama 2012" being fairly popular.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Norm Lenhart

Rural Western New York: I've seen a couple of Trump signs here or there, and one Gary Johnson sign. I haven't seen any Hillary signs. (I did see a couple Bernie signs back in the primaries.)

I'm seeing far more signs for local elections. There's a competitive race for mayor in the next city over, and the Indian reservation is holding their elections. There are a couple of county legislator races as well.

This is an area of the state where there usually are a lot of signs. This was Carl Paladino territory and you could see his signs on almost every other lawn in 2010. You still see "Repeal the SAFE Act" signs around quite a bit. I don't remember there being a lot of Romney signs but I do remember "America vs. Obama 2012" being fairly popular.

It's just that you have younger people working the campaigns and thy arent using the old ways. Same for TV ads. I have said for years TV was no longer needed in the internet age to get a message out. this election proves it. Same for signs and stickers. their time has passed. Not completely of course, but there's better ways when everyones nose is stuck in an iphone and they pass by signs, stickers and TV unseen.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 02:23:56 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline endicom

It's just that you have younger people working the campaigns and thy arent using the old ways. Same for TV ads. I have said for years TV was no longer needed in the internet age to get a message out. this election proves it. Same for signs and stickers. their time has passed. Not completely of course, but there's better ways when everyones nose is stuck in an iphone and they pass by signs, stickers and TV unseen.

Maybe the political gurus have reached the same conclusion. They probably have if we're not seeing the same old shtick.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Maybe the political gurus have reached the same conclusion. They probably have if we're not seeing the same old shtick.

Trump was 100% right about no reason to spend billions on elections. Honestly, has a sign ever elected anyone? People are deluged with names to recognize across media (former journo here). All that surprises me really is that it took them so long. I have to assume it took so long because most of it was just basically money laundering to the ad companies.

Offline endicom

I have to assume it took so long because most of it was just basically money laundering to the ad companies.

"Michael, we're bigger than U.S. Steel."

The money that has gone to campaigning makes it a major industry. I hope to hell it's a dying industry.

Offline Norm Lenhart

"Michael, we're bigger than U.S. Steel."

The money that has gone to campaigning makes it a major industry. I hope to hell it's a dying industry.

Yup. Total agreement.

geronl

Sure, early voting doesn't start for a month, but people need to understand the overwhelming wave of enthusiasm we're seeing.  Just today while running some errands in Tampa I saw TWO Trump bumper stickers, bringing the grand total I've seen so far to, well, two.

I live in a very Republican county and I have seen my first Trump sign, a big one at a used car dealership next to about four of those ridiculous dancing air thingies... I'm just not sure if it's a show of support or not. :p

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

In NJ all I've seen are signs for school board. I've seen Hillary bumper stickers. No trump ones. I saw tons of Bernie bumper stickers though, they are still on the cars.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 11:03:14 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Yep.  This was bullcarp gobbled down as fine cuisine by Trump supporters.

Tom Sea is among the worst of The (s)Trumpets.  About 2 months ago he directly correlated those republicans who did not support Trump as allies of alQaeda and ISIS
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline endicom

In NJ all I've seen are signs for school board. I've seen Hillary bumper stickers. No trump ones. I saw tons of Bernie bumper stickers though, they are still on the cars.

In the crowded northeastern area, much depends on the section you are in. Driving a few minutes could change the sign scenery quite a bit.