Author Topic: CMPD said Keith Lamont Scott had a gun. Was that reason enough to order him to drop it?  (Read 6803 times)

Offline goatprairie

Yes.  CYA.
So believe the leftist narrative i.e. cops are out to shoot innocent black males?

Offline Just_Victor

So believe the leftist narrative i.e. cops are out to shoot innocent black males?

CYA does not necessarily mean lie.  It may well be that the truth covers your rear.

But releasing the video is certainly CYA.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Longmire

He was NOT a threat to these cops.

Non threatening weapon recovered at the scene

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

The mere possession of a firearm is not justification for use of deadly force.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Longmire

If the weapon had been properly secured (uncocked, safety on, holstered) I'd be inclined to agree.

But that's not what happened is it?

Offline goatprairie

You're a cop....you stop a car for whatever reason, check the driver and find out he's got outstanding warrants and has already spent time in the crossbar hotel for shooting at cops.
The driver exits the vehicle with a gun in his hand.
What is going through your mind? If the driver's gun is cocked, it only takes a split second for him to aim the gun at you and shoot.
Nevertheless, you warn the man to drop his weapon. And even after being ordered a number of times, he fails to drop his gun.
What do you do? Hope in an instant he doesn't aim the gun at you and start firing? Wait until he aims it at you and hope he doesn't pull the trigger? What...what do you do?

rangerrebew

BULLSH*T: 1st They Said He Was, ‘READING A Book’ – Now They Say, ‘BRAIN Damage’ Meant He Couldn’t …

Share Tweet Plus

Scott was ‘reading a book’ according to his family, but the police say he was ‘rolling a joint’ in his car and had a gun. Now the experts are saying it’s a brain injury. What do you believe is the truth?

All this information coming out about the Keith Scott shooting is dizzying.

It wasn’t a book, as the Official Police Report shows.

A joint was found at the scene, along with a gun and an ankle holster.

(Are we the only ones wondering if that joint was the ‘medication’ his wife was screaming about?)

But, there just has to be another reason:

According to Joanne Finegan, the chief executive of Pennsylvania-based ReMed, which treats brain injuries, the symptoms can range from changes in your personality to balance issues and slurred speech.

http://clashdaily.com/2016/09/bullsht-1st-said-reading-book-now-say-brain-damage-meant-couldnt/
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 09:05:28 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You also would not shoot someone who is backing away from you.  Which is what Officer Vinson did.  There was no reason to shoot Scott.  He was NOT a threat to these cops.

Sink, he was a felon, who had shot at cops before, and was not supposed to be in possession of a gun period.  He got out of the vehicle holding a gun.  So, the chances of his being a threat were pretty much maxed out.

Offline thackney

A gun in the hand, while ignoring repeated request to drop it, is a deadly threat.

That is how I would view someone on my property, with similar results.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@driftdiver

It is if you suspected of being a felon,have it in your hand,are refusing to drop it,and it's cocked.

I would have shot that goober,too.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
A gun in the hand, while ignoring repeated request to drop it, is a deadly threat.

@thackney

Yup. Strictly a case of "Say goodnight,Gracie!",and call for the cororner.

Offline driftdiver

@thackney

That wasn't my comment.  My comment was that merely possessing a firearm is not cause.

Offline thackney

@thackney

That wasn't my comment.  My comment was that merely possessing a firearm is not cause.

Then you must be talking about another situation than the topic of the thread.  Mere possession of the firearm was not the cause for use of deadly force in this event.

Offline driftdiver

Then you must be talking about another situation than the topic of the thread.  Mere possession of the firearm was not the cause for use of deadly force in this event.

@thackney

The poster I commented to indicated that the mere presence of a firearm was enough cause for the cop to stop the guy and use deadly force.

Go ahead and split hairs if it makes you feel good

Offline thackney

@thackney

The poster I commented to indicated that the mere presence of a firearm was enough cause for the cop to stop the guy and use deadly force.

Go ahead and split hairs if it makes you feel good

You and I will have to disagree on your interpretation of Longmire's words.  The gun alone wasn't the threat.  The gun on the street was evidence to reason the police were ordering him to drop the gun.

rangerrebew

Black Lives Matter's Latest Martyr Had Gun Stolen in Burglary
September 27, 2016
Daniel Greenfield

Keith Lamont Scott, the criminal whose shooting by a black police officer was the reason for the rioting in Charlotte, had a criminal record as long as your arm.

He had been convicted of assault with a deadly weapon in two different states and convicted of assault in three states. He had been hit with “assault with intent to kill” charges in the 90s. His record of virtue included “assault on a child under 12” and “assault on a female.”

The media spin; “Family and neighbors call Scott a quiet ‘family man.’”

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/264326/black-lives-matters-latest-martyr-had-gun-stolen-daniel-greenfield
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 08:14:05 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

I guess it all depends on your definition of (a) quiet family man. :whistle:

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Does THIS change the story a little?

Keith Scott was carrying a stolen gun when he was shot and killed during a confrontation with police in Charlotte, North Carolina, authorities have said.

The gun was reported stolen after a breaking and entering, according to the police.

A breaking and entering suspect told agents at the bureau of alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives that he had sold the gun to Scott, ABC 11 reported Monday. He is now in custody.

Scott’s wife Rakeyia, who filmed her husband’s killing on Tuesday, had filed for a restraining order against him and had told authorities he carried a gun, hit her as well as one of her children and had threatened to kill her, records have shown.

That gun his wife says he doesn’t own? It showed up in the paperwork when she filed a restraining order against her husband. Who had a LOADED gun on him when he was shot.

The guy who’s being held up as Charlotte’s BLM martyr? Not such a sweet guy.

…’He hit my 8 year old in the head a total of three times with is [sic] fist,’ she wrote on the form published by TWC News.

‘He kicked me and threaten [sic] to kill us last night with his gun. He said he is a “killer” and we should know that.’ (from the Daily Mail)

This fits with ClashDaily’s report about his ‘Traumatic Brain Injury’ which includes information on his previous interactions with Police officers.

There’s also the small matter of what *EXACTLY* he served 7 years in prison for.

According to court records, Mr. Scott was born in South Carolina, was about six feet tall and weighed 230 to 250 pounds. While living in South Carolina in the 1990s, he was charged with a number of offenses including check fraud, aggravated assault and carrying a concealed weapon. Later, he moved to Texas where he shot and wounded a man in San Antonio in 2002, for which he was convicted and sentenced, in 2005, to seven years in prison. He was released in 2011. New York Times

It’s hard to paint someone as a ‘victim’ with someone know for attacking others. But that hasn’t stopped anyone from trying.

http://clashdaily.com/2016/09/dear-rioters-boy-carrying-stolen-gun-wife-filed/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=221212&utm_keyword=major1&utm_content=14854631&utm_source=Email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:14854631&utm_camp
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Rivergirl

The NAACP made it clear, they didn't think it mattered if the man had a gun.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Does THIS change the story a little?
Keith Scott was carrying a stolen gun"

The story won't change -- and will NEVER change -- for the blacks and leftists.

It's all about the evil police and evil whitey.

(And yes, I know the officer who shot Scott was black)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Black Lives Matter's Latest Martyr Had Gun Stolen in Burglary
September 27, 2016
Daniel Greenfield

The media spin; “Family and neighbors call Scott a quiet ‘family man.’”

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/264326/black-lives-matters-latest-martyr-had-gun-stolen-daniel-greenfield

@rangerrebew

Quick show of hands. How many of YOU want people who consider Scott to have been a "Quiet family man" moving into YOUR neighborhoods?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
sneakypete wrote:
"Quick show of hands. How many of YOU want people who consider Scott to have been a "Quiet family man" moving into YOUR neighborhoods?"

This is one of those questions that many will read but few will answer -- because they're scared to take a stand that risks them being branded as a "racis'".

I am not one of those individuals.

Of course I wouldn't want Scott nor any of his cohort of supporters within reasonable driving distance of where I am.

The less I see of folks like that, the happier I am.

Glad he's dead and gone.

Offline Suppressed

So if I'm walking to my house, with my open carry gun, and some hot dog cop rolls up and tells me to drop it cuz he wants to question me, he can shoot me if I don't drop it?  Where's the probable cause?

I am not a lawyer, and I havent read the thread, but...  Probable cause is not the legal standard for a Terry detention. Suspicion (that's reasonable) is all that's needed, as ruled by the Supreme Court.

You don't know what call the officer might be responding to. Perhaps an armed robbery just took place by someone fitting your description. Perhaps you look like a fugitive felon and the officer wants to confirm your ID.  Etc.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Noting that it's cocked with the safety off.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++