Author Topic: Party Loyalty Can’t Make Me Vote for Clinton  (Read 639 times)

Offline unknown

Party Loyalty Can’t Make Me Vote for Clinton
« on: September 24, 2016, 12:22:59 am »

Party Loyalty Can’t Make Me Vote for Clinton

A lifelong Democrat, I’m backing Trump because he can shake up our politics and revive the economy.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/party-loyalty-cant-make-me-vote-for-clinton-1474498244

Andrew Stein
Sept. 23, 2016

I have been steeped in the Democratic Party all my life. My father, Jerry, was a New York City Democratic chairman and power broker, and I grew up in and around the Democratic Party. When I was a young man, former senators and Democratic presidential and vice-presidential nominees Hubert Humphrey and  Estes Kefauver stayed at my apartment and we would proudly discuss the great traditions of the Democratic Party.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: Party Loyalty Can’t Make Me Vote for Clinton
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 12:23:34 am »

As President Kennedy once said to his trusted speechwriter and confidante Arthur Schlesinger Jr., “Sometimes party loyalty asks too much.” This is the case in this election. I believe Donald Trump will make a great president and I ask my fellow Democrats to vote for him. The future of the nation may very well depend on it.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 12:24:35 am »

Wow - he rips into Clinton.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 12:41:09 am »
"Given my level of discomfort with the current leftist orientation of the Democratic Party..."

Well, knock me over with a subway token.

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 12:43:23 am »
Wow - he rips into Clinton.

And Obama.

Offline kalee

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 04:26:27 am »
Wow.