Author Topic: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump  (Read 127741 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump
« Reply #650 on: September 25, 2016, 10:46:42 pm »
They aren't my numbers. All those Iraqi deaths are meaningless. I like that.  You make a very good case.  Using your logic all the deaths accrued through the HOLOCAUST were meaningless. Congratulations.

But the HOLOCAUST got much worse when the Allies were approaching, bighead.

If we had just not invaded Germany, just think how many of them might not have been slaughtered.

The game you're playing goes both ways.

Blaming our troops for the deaths caused by Sunni terrorists is just wrong.

The BAD guys killed the Jews, and the BAD guys killed Iraqi citizens.

THOSE are the facts, fred.

btw, you are deliberately MISQUOTING DougLoss when you say that he said the deaths were meaningless.

Your "facts" and distortion thereof are what is meaningless.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 10:47:53 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #651 on: September 25, 2016, 10:54:37 pm »
But the HOLOCAUST got much worse when the Allies were approaching, bighead.

If we had just not invaded Germany, just think how many of them might not have been slaughtered.

The game you're playing goes both ways.

Blaming our troops for the deaths caused by Sunni terrorists is just wrong.

The BAD guys killed the Jews, and the BAD guys killed Iraqi citizens.

THOSE are the facts, fred.

btw, you are deliberately MISQUOTING DougLoss when you say that he said the deaths were meaningless.

Your "facts" and distortion thereof are what is meaningless.

Get a grip.  Where have I blamed our troops? 
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #652 on: September 25, 2016, 10:55:32 pm »
Daniel 3New International Version (NIV)

The Image of Gold and the Blazing Furnace

3 King Nebuchadnezzar made an image of gold, sixty cubits high and six cubits wide,[a] and set it up on the plain of Dura in the province of Babylon. 2 He then summoned the satraps, prefects, governors, advisers, treasurers, judges, magistrates and all the other provincial officials to come to the dedication of the image he had set up. 3 So the satraps, prefects, governors, advisers, treasurers, judges, magistrates and all the other provincial officials assembled for the dedication of the image that King Nebuchadnezzar had set up, and they stood before it.

4 Then the herald loudly proclaimed, “Nations and peoples of every language, this is what you are commanded to do: 5 As soon as you hear the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp, pipe and all kinds of music, you must fall down and worship the image of gold that King Nebuchadnezzar has set up. 6 Whoever does not fall down and worship will immediately be thrown into a blazing furnace.”

This election has gone beyond a political candidate.  Send me to the furnace!

By my scorekeeper, Cruz wins...

Romans 12:20 New International Version
On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."

Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #653 on: September 25, 2016, 11:00:54 pm »

OK. I give up. You people ARE correct. If you look at figures for deaths in Iraq--from the low too the high--one CAN say that the elimination of so many POTENTIAL enemies is a good thing.

Between 156,531 and 175,101 violent civilian deaths since January 2003. Iraq Body Count, a volunteer-led organization, has been counting deaths since near the start of the war. It can only provide an “irrefutable baseline,” it says, because of how it finds evidence: cross‑checking media reports of violent events or of bodies being found with figures from hospitals, morgues, other NGOs and official figures.

At least 151,000 “violent deaths” between 2003 and 2008. This estimate comes from a study by the Iraqi Government in collaboration with the World Health Organization, which surveyed 9,345 households and extrapolated the data. The possible range was enormous: between 80,000 and 234,000 deaths.

461,000 “excess deaths” between 2003 to 2011. This estimate comes from a 2013 survey of 2,000 households by a group of American, Canadian, and Iraqi researchers. Two-thirds of these deaths were found to be due to direct violence, and a third to indirect causes like failed heath systems.

3 pages back you were complaining we should have dropped neutron bombs on the Iraqi people and now you're all whiny about civilian deaths.  Your hypocrisy is showing.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #654 on: September 25, 2016, 11:04:02 pm »
Get a grip.  Where have I blamed our troops?

And who was in Iraq, freeing them from tyranny?

btw, how about the rest of the post?  Was WWII wrong because it resulted in the deaths of millions upon millions of innocent citizens?

If not, why not?   If you know about the end of the war, you know that when our troops had invaded Germany, the deaths multiplied exponentially.

Was that the Allies' fault too?

What about your (lack of) consistency here??

Does the right and wrong of a war depend on whether or not you personally agree with it?  Or is there some consistent standard about what happens in a war?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

« Reply #655 on: September 25, 2016, 11:09:40 pm »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #656 on: September 25, 2016, 11:09:59 pm »
3 pages back you were complaining we should have dropped neutron bombs on the Iraqi people and now you're all whiny about civilian deaths.  Your hypocrisy is showing.

I'm not whiny about civilian deaths. I'm just trying to figure out your excuses for defending something that was MFUTU.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #657 on: September 25, 2016, 11:10:22 pm »
I'm really trying to figure this out. Bush's removal of the BAD guy opened the door for the BAD guys to kill hundreds of thousands of people and that is a good thing. Right? Right.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #658 on: September 25, 2016, 11:18:02 pm »

:beer:

Pretty soon we'll be battling evil in another dimension.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #659 on: September 25, 2016, 11:18:52 pm »
I'm really trying to figure this out. Bush's removal of the BAD guy opened the door for the BAD guys to kill hundreds of thousands of people and that is a good thing. Right? Right.

No. Obama's removal of the troops that secured the country after the surge resulted in the bad guys coming in.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

« Reply #660 on: September 25, 2016, 11:22:13 pm »
I'm not whiny about civilian deaths. I'm just trying to figure out your excuses for defending something that was MFUTU.
You are whiny about civilian deaths.  I already defended the Iraq war - YOU RESPONDED TO MY POST - and then I said I was obviously wasting my time.  I suspect you are incapable of remembering posts from hours earlier, or you are just intellectually dishonest.  I'm done pretending I'm arguing with an adult. 

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #661 on: September 25, 2016, 11:26:29 pm »
That is a beautiful verse.  It does not apply here.  Billionaire Trump is neither hungry nor thirsty.  He wanted Cruz to be his partner in crime, achieving power the authoritarian/snake oil salesman way.   Cruz submitted.  Bad move.

Metaphor.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #662 on: September 25, 2016, 11:33:10 pm »
You are whiny about civilian deaths.  I already defended the Iraq war - YOU RESPONDED TO MY POST - and then I said I was obviously wasting my time.  I suspect you are incapable of remembering posts from hours earlier, or you are just intellectually dishonest.  I'm done pretending I'm arguing with an adult.

This is your defense?

It taught the Bin Laden's of the world that the USA isn't a "Paper Tiger."  It taught them that we do not have to wait to be attacked.  We can act proactively.  The message that was sent was if you mess with us not only will we take you out, but we take out your neighbors too.  That is a message that was heard by ME countries who ,until Dubya, have had little reason to curb terrorism training camps within their country.

Iraq sucks now, but we can't know what kind of aggression Saddam would have pursued in the absence of our response to his REPEATED violations of U.N. resolutions.

And where did I say I thought civilian deaths were a bad thing? 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #663 on: September 25, 2016, 11:48:56 pm »
No. Obama's removal of the troops that secured the country after the surge resulted in the bad guys coming in.

Are you familiar with SOFA?

Online libertybele

« Reply #664 on: September 26, 2016, 12:11:33 am »

:amen:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #665 on: September 26, 2016, 12:23:13 am »
As for me and mine, we're voting with Cruz.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #666 on: September 26, 2016, 12:28:25 am »
As for me and mine, we're voting with Cruz.

But you wouldn't do that until Cruz sold out to the liberal. Situational ethics on full display. When it was time to stand with Cruz as a conservative, where were you? But now that he stands with a liberal, there you are.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #667 on: September 26, 2016, 12:31:30 am »
Cruz can't win any game if Cruz isn't in the game.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #668 on: September 26, 2016, 12:35:00 am »
But you wouldn't do that until Cruz sold out to the liberal. Situational ethics on full display. When it was time to stand with Cruz as a conservative, where were you? But now that he stands with a liberal, there you are.

You are elevated and correct, dear sir.

Please allow me to rephrase.

As for me and mine, Cruz is voting with us.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #669 on: September 26, 2016, 12:39:01 am »
You are elevated and correct, dear sir.

Please allow me to rephrase.

As for me and mine, Cruz is voting with us.

Not something to be proud of. Still left with a bunch of liberals empowering another liberal. Conservatives do not empower liberals.

Silver Pines

« Reply #670 on: September 26, 2016, 12:46:52 am »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #671 on: September 26, 2016, 12:53:13 am »
Thanks for the heads up.  I like that podcast by Daniel Horowitz.  He agrees that Cruz made a terrible strategic mistake, but he has helped me soften a little.  Time will tell if Cruz is caving big time.  I'll give him a chance to redeem himself.  I'm still VERY disappointed -- mad even -- but I do not want to cut off my nose to spite my face with this.  Cruz has been a strong ally.  We shall see.

I hope  he does redeem himself. But we arent cutting off our noses here. Cruz' past great actions aside, He had one job and when it mattered most, he failed in the worst way. He completely crapped all over his years of principle because when it mattered, he did not stand on it.

So even if he redeems himself, no one has the slightest reason to think him principled, nor to trust him. Actions are what they are.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #672 on: September 26, 2016, 12:54:03 am »
Thanks for the heads up.  I like that podcast by Daniel Horowitz.  He agrees that Cruz made a terrible strategic mistake, but he has helped me soften a little.  Time will tell if Cruz is caving big time.  I'll give him a chance to redeem himself.  I'm still VERY disappointed -- mad even -- but I do not want to cut off my nose to spite my face with this.  Cruz has been a strong ally.  We shall see.

The last part of the show. It is pretty hard to stand strong when you are under extreme  pressure from all sides. Not that I would know. heh heh heh

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #673 on: September 26, 2016, 12:55:18 am »
Are you familiar with SOFA?

Yes.  I'm also familiar with the fact that Obama made no effort to renegotiate it (which he could have done).  He wanted out.

And here we are.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #674 on: September 26, 2016, 12:55:35 am »
I hope  he does redeem himself. But we arent cutting off our noses here. Cruz' past great actions aside, He had one job and when it mattered most, he failed in the worst way. He completely crapped all over his years of principle because when it mattered, he did not stand on it.

So even if he redeems himself, no one has the slightest reason to think him principled, nor to trust him. Actions are what they are.

He is a politician. I don't trust politicians. That's all.