Author Topic: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump  (Read 127601 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump
« Reply #575 on: September 25, 2016, 05:14:10 am »
You spent your early years as a blue crab and now look at the magnificent barnacled creature you are today.

And Dudley's horse was named Sam.

Rocket Robin's lair was Heavens and the main city on Sherwood asteroid was Mergatroid. So when the Band headed to the strip clubs they went from Heavens to Mergatroid.

Nice ;)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #576 on: September 25, 2016, 05:22:26 am »
You spent your early years as a blue crab and now look at the magnificent barnacled creature you are today.

And Dudley's horse was named Sam.

Rocket Robin's lair was Heavens and the main city on Sherwood asteroid was Mergatroid. So when the Band headed to the strip clubs they went from Heavens to Mergatroid.
:silly:  A funny part about that was that I found some fossil crabs here in North Dakota in the badlands. In a serious normalcy bias event, I didn't think much of the crab shells because I had seen them everywhere in my youth :blonde moment:...and left them there. Later it dawned on me that those were pretty old considering the last time there was salty water here (that didn't come out of an oil well). Oops... :facepalm2:

(Nope, the horse was "Faithful Horse". That's it.). What Rocket Robin did in his off hours may have been confessed to Friar Tuck, but his lips are sealed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

« Reply #577 on: September 25, 2016, 05:33:37 am »
Heavens to Mergatroid.

Now that reminds me of something else....

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #578 on: September 25, 2016, 05:45:28 am »
He also had invaded a neighboring country in the recent past.  There was every reason to think the worst of him and to take him out.

Hitler kept Germany stable too.  So what if he slaughtered all the Jews?  So what if he invaded neighboring countries?

It is weird how this nation depended on France during its own Revolution, yet some think we should never ever come to the aid of others when they need us.  Granted France may have had their own motives, but we sure were willing to take their aid.   I'm not for micromanaging the world.  But there are times when we must stand up for good over evil and that means we join the fight with allies around the world.  There is a time to intervene and a time to not intervene.  W made the right choice given what we knew then.  The left attacked him for it for political reasons.  They were all for Clinton's Bosnian intervention.   Trump in true liberal fashion has flip flopped for political gain.

Terrific Post!  I couldn't have said it better.

« Reply #579 on: September 25, 2016, 05:49:51 am »
Everything you wrote is false.

Saddam embraced Islamists, giving them the land and funds to run training camps.  He paid the families of suicide bombers for their terror.

He did not keep Iraq stable.  He terrorized Iraq, making it ripe for revolts.  Shiites and Kurds both did so in the short time between the 1st and 2nd Gulf wars.

ISIS is not in control of Iraq.  It occupies parts and is being slowly pushed out.

And ISIS was borne out of the conflict in Syria... or more precisely, the lack of support (ie: funds) to the free Syrian Amry when they first broke with Assad.  They were a competent fighting force that had access to eager recruits, but no source/money for new military equipment needed to fight.

By the time the West moved, they had been broken.  And the monies to fight were coming from Islamist sources.
And another Terrific Post!

« Reply #580 on: September 25, 2016, 06:05:20 am »
I am no Trump supporter. I am no Bush-lover either. I opposed the Iraq War(The 21st century Vietnam) from day one. There were no WMDs, as I suspected from day one. Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11, and posed no threat to us. Bush lied, so he can finish up Daddy's business and appease their Saudi masters.
You hate the GOP president from 2000-2008...you don't like the current GOP candidate...and you parrot rat slogans... :pondering:

Your hyperbolic comparison of Iraq with Vietnam is telling also.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 06:15:32 am by Once-Ler »

« Reply #581 on: September 25, 2016, 06:07:50 am »
Boy, have I been put in my place. Such brilliant repartee. I have been publicly shamed by your retorts.

"Thank you sir may I have another?"   8888crybaby

Assume the position.

« Reply #582 on: September 25, 2016, 06:10:20 am »
Bushbots still in denial.
I'm convinced.
You're a rat.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 06:16:19 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #584 on: September 25, 2016, 10:50:04 am »
25 pages of 13 people repeating various iterations of "I'm not budging."

Really? I didn't know that. After hearing 125,000 repetitions on every board of this forum from the same 13 people, I was still in the dark. Who knew? Sheesh!

Honestly, we get it, you 13 people – you're not going to vote for Donald Trump.

(What did y'all get, a set of shiny new virtues for Christmas and can't help showing them off?)

So...you can't count.  Figures.  As for "I was still in the dark," we all knew that.  You still are.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #585 on: September 25, 2016, 10:52:42 am »
I am no Trump supporter. I am no Bush-lover either. I opposed the Iraq War(The 21st century Vietnam) from day one. There were no WMDs, as I suspected from day one. Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11, and posed no threat to us. Bush lied, so he can finish up Daddy's business and appease their Saudi masters.

Of course there were WMDs.  We found some.  And it's pretty clear that a bunch were moved to Syria before the war started--they were used to attack Jordan later.  Pretending otherwise is just stupid.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #586 on: September 25, 2016, 01:52:46 pm »
Of course there were WMDs.  We found some.  And it's pretty clear that a bunch were moved to Syria before the war started--they were used to attack Jordan later.  Pretending otherwise is just stupid.

There were tons and tons of WMD found in IRAQ but Saddam, the inconsiderate bastard, had them labeled "Insecticide" instead of WMD!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #587 on: September 25, 2016, 02:09:27 pm »
There were tons and tons of WMD found in IRAQ but Saddam, the inconsiderate bastard, had them labeled "Insecticide" instead of WMD!

The most important thing is how this helped ME. Since it didn't and in fact had deleterious effects it was a complete waste and I for one am glad baby George, the inconsiderate bastard, disappeared in shame. heh heh heh
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Wingnut

« Reply #588 on: September 25, 2016, 02:26:04 pm »
Okay. What was the name of Dudley Do-right's Horse?

Nell.

@Smokin Joe  Joe
@Frank Cannon
@MOD5
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 02:28:36 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Longmire

« Reply #589 on: September 25, 2016, 02:40:27 pm »
HEY! They added 10 new episodes to Longmire on Netflix. 

@bigheadfred We'll see..imo the show hasn't been the same since they moved it over from A&E.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #590 on: September 25, 2016, 02:49:12 pm »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Wingnut

« Reply #591 on: September 25, 2016, 02:50:35 pm »
Neigh Wingy. It was Sam.

Oh Nell was his BGF.   :beer:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #592 on: September 25, 2016, 02:51:33 pm »

Anyone who doesn't understand that the WMD were there has their head buried in the sand.

Sort of like Saddam buried an AIRPLANE in the sand.

Claiming they weren't there is what the leftists did to justify their hatred for George W. Bush.

And the left's hatred for Bush began when he legitimately beat their beloved algor.  They seethed in anger for years because of that, and it exploded when the Iraq war went south.  I'm sure they also loved it when Obama pulled out and destroyed all the good we had done there, so that they could blame the mess on Bush.

The left is despicable.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #593 on: September 25, 2016, 02:54:46 pm »
You and your chickens.  That one is very cute.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #594 on: September 25, 2016, 03:26:41 pm »
I have initiated my lojack Topic monitoring system for this thread. I suspected the result. Indulge your fantasies all you want people.   I have PROOF. 

It is damn near to Sam One Hill . But I doubt it will stop there.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #595 on: September 25, 2016, 03:26:59 pm »

The most important thing is how this helped ME. Since it didn't and in fact had deleterious effects it was a complete waste and I for one am glad baby George, the inconsiderate bastard, disappeared in shame. heh heh heh

Some are incapable of seeing how anything helped them personally.  Doesn't mean it didn't happen however.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #596 on: September 25, 2016, 03:36:53 pm »
Some are incapable of seeing how anything helped them personally.  Doesn't mean it didn't happen however.

I ain't arguing over WMD's. Tell me one good thing going into Iraq accomplished that couldn't have been done with surgical airstrikes or a couple of neutron bombs.

« Reply #597 on: September 25, 2016, 04:14:20 pm »
I ain't arguing over WMD's. Tell me one good thing going into Iraq accomplished that couldn't have been done with surgical airstrikes or a couple of neutron bombs.
It taught the Bin Laden's of the world that the USA isn't a "Paper Tiger."  It taught them that we do not have to wait to be attacked.  We can act proactively.  The message that was sent was if you mess with us not only will we take you out, but we take out your neighbors too.  That is a message that was heard by ME countries who ,until Dubya, have had little reason to curb terrorism training camps within their country.

Iraq sucks now, but we can't know what kind of aggression Saddam would have pursued in the absence of our response to his REPEATED violations of U.N. resolutions.

Offline madmaximus

« Reply #598 on: September 25, 2016, 04:15:29 pm »
As for 9/11, I have three words: My Pet Goat.

Silver Pines

« Reply #599 on: September 25, 2016, 04:20:07 pm »
Yep I do, as I recall it usually happened when the begathons stalled but you are right there was a connection ... :tinfoil:

@montanajoe

Well, there was a connection as far as TOS's conspiracy theorists were concerned, lol.