Author Topic: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump  (Read 127591 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump
« Reply #550 on: September 25, 2016, 02:44:42 am »
I care. I care very deeply. I care so deeply I lose sleep over it.

Just what was the name of Uncle Joe's dog on Pettycoat Junction?

Sam
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #551 on: September 25, 2016, 02:47:12 am »
Threadjacking is to hijacking as this thread is to 9/11.

Holy cow.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #552 on: September 25, 2016, 02:48:57 am »
God created the basset to both tug at the heartstrings...because NOTHING out-cutes a Basset puppy. But when they grow up? Oh yes! they are cute and funny and personality for days...They will make you insane. They are the most stubborn things on earth. Pandora's Dog.

Best dog ever.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Wingnut

« Reply #553 on: September 25, 2016, 02:49:15 am »

Just what was the name of Uncle Joe's dog on Pettycoat Junction?

Everone knows that.

Higgins

« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 02:50:30 am by Wingnut »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #554 on: September 25, 2016, 02:52:41 am »
Sam

Nope. Sam Drucker was the guy who ran the General Store and was the mailman.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #555 on: September 25, 2016, 02:54:12 am »
Best dog ever.

Yup. Had several. Collies run a close second for me.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #556 on: September 25, 2016, 02:54:35 am »
Threadjacking is to hijacking as this thread is to 9/11.

Holy cow.

You're right. This thread is a national disaster.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #557 on: September 25, 2016, 03:01:26 am »
I am no Trump supporter. I am no Bush-lover either. I opposed the Iraq War(The 21st century Vietnam) from day one. There were no WMDs, as I suspected from day one. Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11, and posed no threat to us. Bush lied, so he can finish up Daddy's business and appease their Saudi masters.

I take it that you were a Kerry supporter in 2004 since this is the exact same rhetoric that came out of that campaign.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #558 on: September 25, 2016, 03:05:38 am »
I take it that you were a Kerry supporter in 2004 since this is the exact same rhetoric that came out of that campaign.

Side note:

Many of us with military families laugh every time we see someone talk about no WMDs. Not because we sold Saddam WMDs prior, which is a historical fact. But because some of us had family that actually found them, handled them, and disposed of them both onsite and in other ways.

But thats OK. People can believe what they like.

Oh...lets not forget that we have since admitted that they were there as a government.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #559 on: September 25, 2016, 03:18:50 am »
This is a two-fer in niceness.

Yeah, yeah... my dog knows how to balance his treats on his head too...

Wingnut

« Reply #560 on: September 25, 2016, 03:24:44 am »
@Frank Cannon

The dog's name was "dog."  It had no other name.

Higgins!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #561 on: September 25, 2016, 03:27:30 am »
@Frank Cannon

The dog's name was "dog."  It had no other name.

How do you like the job I did? In between the fights about the Bush years, people are posting cute animal pics and discussing a CBS show from the 60's! Total chaos.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #562 on: September 25, 2016, 03:29:39 am »
Higgins!

Thanks. Now I can get the first good night's sleep I had in 37 years. 😴

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #563 on: September 25, 2016, 03:29:46 am »
How do you like the job I did? In between the fights about the Bush years, people are posting cute animal pics and discussing a CBS show from the 60's! Total chaos.

You forgot backhanding liberal trolls in-between.

Call me a completionist...

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #564 on: September 25, 2016, 03:48:58 am »
I called that dog Sam. So Sam it is. Post all the wiccan references you want to. You ain't changing my vote. I bet that is why we haven't seen all the 9-11 report. It had references to Sam. That is why Ted Cruz kissed up to trump. They told Ted if he told the truth about Sam he was finished. Political career over. No SCROTUS exam. Nothing. His wife's nickname. Sam. Hillary's password. Sam. obama's pet word for moochelle's wang. Sam.  Buried in some nameless vault next to the ARK, the audition tapes of Sam. Who was 'deepthroat'? Sam. The shooter on the grassy knoll. Sam.  It is a vast  wright whale conspiracle. Prophesied by the ancients.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 03:49:54 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #565 on: September 25, 2016, 03:54:12 am »
Nothing cuter than a Great Pyrenees puppy:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #566 on: September 25, 2016, 04:06:37 am »
Higgins was Robin Masters lap dog. Selleck's stunt double. Sam

I have a lojack on this topic in case of a hijack. I know where the topic is at all times.

HEY! They added 10 new episodes to Longmire on Netflix.  @Longmire  and YOU kept it to yourself. I'm telling Sam.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #567 on: September 25, 2016, 04:23:00 am »
Higgins was Robin Masters lap dog. Selleck's stunt double. Sam

I have a lojack on this topic in case of a hijack. I know where the topic is at all times.

HEY! They added 10 new episodes to Longmire on Netflix.  @Longmire  and YOU kept it to yourself. I'm telling Sam.

In an effort to stick to the topic of this thread I would also like to add that Season 6 of Portlandia is now available on Netflix.

For those unaware, it is a program that mocks Liberals.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #568 on: September 25, 2016, 04:27:31 am »
Side note:

Many of us with military families laugh every time we see someone talk about no WMDs. Not because we sold Saddam WMDs prior, which is a historical fact. But because some of us had family that actually found them, handled them, and disposed of them both onsite and in other ways.

But thats OK. People can believe what they like.

Oh...lets not forget that we have since admitted that they were there as a government.
As to your side note, Yep, and there were more there than even Bush liked to admit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #569 on: September 25, 2016, 04:28:28 am »
Thanks. Now I can get the first good night's sleep I had in 37 years. 😴
Okay. What was the name of Dudley Do-right's Horse?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #570 on: September 25, 2016, 04:38:26 am »
Okay. What was the name of Dudley Do-right's Horse?

Name all Rocket Robin Hood's pals and where did the show take place?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #571 on: September 25, 2016, 04:43:02 am »
Name all Rocket Robin Hood's pals and where did the show take place?
I can dig it up, but that is a show I didn't get to see (or don't recall, which is unlikely) back when. Having never seen it, it seems it wouldn't be fair to give the answer from a website (unless you think so, in which case I'll dig the answers up).

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #572 on: September 25, 2016, 04:50:59 am »
I can dig it up, but that is a show I didn't get to see (or don't recall, which is unlikely) back when. Having never seen it, it seems it wouldn't be fair to give the answer from a website (unless you think so, in which case I'll dig the answers up).

It was a Canadian cartoon that saw limited TV time in places along the border so most people wouldn't know it (66-70 or so). I just wanted to see if anyone remembered it more than anything (Only the sherriff of NOTT was named differently than the traditional characters and they were on Sherwood Asteroid)

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #573 on: September 25, 2016, 04:53:08 am »
It was a Canadian cartoon that saw limited TV time in places along the border so most people wouldn't know it (66-70 or so). I just wanted to see if anyone remembered it more than anything (Only the sherriff of NOTT was named differently than the traditional characters and they were on Sherwood Asteroid)
In those days I lived in the MD tidewater, so that was one I missed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_Robin_Hood

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0135735/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Answers were not hard to find, I just wanted to give anyone who remembered the show a shot.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #574 on: September 25, 2016, 05:09:44 am »
In those days I lived in the MD tidewater, so that was one I missed.

You spent your early years as a blue crab and now look at the magnificent barnacled creature you are today.

And Dudley's horse was named Sam.

Rocket Robin's lair was Heavens and the main city on Sherwood asteroid was Mergatroid. So when the Band headed to the strip clubs they went from Heavens to Mergatroid.