Author Topic: Target Ignoring Calls to End Transgender Bathroom Policy After 2 Men Caught Videotaping Women, Texas AG Says  (Read 3395 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: CHRISTIAN POST

URL: http://www.christianpost.com/news/target-ignoring-calls-to-end-transgender-bathroom-policy-after-2-men-caught-videotaping-women-texas-ag-says-169987/

by Stoyan Zaimov

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said that despite sending several letters to Target over the retail giant's controversial transgender bathroom policy that has led to two crimes being committed against female customers in the state, he has not yet received a reply.

Paxton said in an interview with American Family Association's Tim Wildmon and Ed Vitagliano on American Family Radio earlier this week that there have been at least two reported incidents of men caught taking photos or recording women in Target bathrooms in North Texas.

The attorney general's office sent Target letters "asking them to put together safety policies, as it relates to their new policies on bathrooms [and dressing rooms]," but hasn't received a response.

AFA has been leading a conservative boycott against the retailer, urging it to reverse its new policies that allow men to go into women's bathrooms and dressing rooms if they identify as female.

Wildmon, who serves as AFA president, has rejected Target's claims that it's attempting to alleviate customers' concerns by building a single-toilet unisex bathroom in each of its 300 stores that don't already have one.

"Unisex bathrooms are fine, but our request has always been that Target maintain the gender-specific bathrooms as well — if the company is interested in guaranteeing the safety and privacy of women and girls who patronize the retailer's stores," Wildmon has said.

Paxton said he "was hopeful that we would work with them and try to help them with their policies, if they want to go down this path, we feel that they need to take into account the safety of women and children."

Vitagliano, who is executive vice-president at AFA, told listeners that the group is not speaking out against transgender people, who Target says the policies seek to help feel more comfortable.

"We do not consider transgendered individuals to be a threat to women and children; however, the policy that has been instituted removes an initial obstacle for those who want to victimize women and children," he explained.

Paxton agreed, and said that seeking to keep in place basic protections is not an unreasonable request for Target.

"It's not the few individuals that supposedly this was targeted at," he said, warning that Target's policies open the door "for all kinds of bad people who do bad things."

"I think that's what any common sense person is concerned about," Paxton added.

Target has faced financial troubles in the midst of the boycott, though it has refused suggestions that the AFA petition is having an impact on its sales. Still, Business Insider reported in August that the retailer experienced its first quarterly traffic decline in more than two years.

"Target's same-store transactions, which is how traffic is measured, fell 2.2 percent in the second quarter. Overall, sales fell 7.2 percent to $16.2 billion."

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It's amazing that one does meet highly educated people and they defend all of this gender bathroom business, I don't get it. I met someone, he's into high-tech, black, worked in the tech triangle of North Carolina and just made a passing remark on that transgender bathroom situation there. So, he didn't say anything real radical; but I could tell he was against it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Easy solution that appears to be working - you don't like their policy, don't go into their stores. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Easy solution that appears to be working - you don't like their policy, don't go into their stores.

I agree, though I do like Paxton basically saying to them that they need to get their act together and make their bathrooms safe for women. It implies consequences or at least liability if they don't get it under control. He should not compromise on the rule of law. Which is how it should be, if Target is going to risk people's safety over a delusional fantasy.
The Republic is lost.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I  wonder whether any lawsuits have been filed by shareholders who have lost money due to this management practice?

The company is hemorrhaging badly due to management's policies, and I see no way they can escape the blame for the freefall in sales and stock prices.

Be on the lookout for similar PC crap going on with Denny's as the author of the open-door bathroom policy is Target's Diversity Officer who happens to be also on Denny's board.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I don't care about this issue.

Women are the ones that should be pissed about this, but aren't. They are supporting someone likely to encourage more of this.

So I will not waste any more time on this issue.

I don't care about this issue.

Women are the ones that should be pissed about this, but aren't. They are supporting someone likely to encourage more of this.

So I will not waste any more time on this issue.

Wrong.  As a Father and Grandfather, I have every bit of interest in not seeing my daughter or granddaughters being molested due to some misplaced and immoral policy this company has.

Guess since women mostly get raped, you don't care about that either.  That is, if you are male.

Have you ever heard of decency?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline endicom

"We do not consider transgendered individuals to be a threat..."

They would have to exist to be a threat.

Offline sinkspur

They would have to exist to be a threat.

Let me guess.  You don't know any transgenders do you? 

Did you say the same thing about gays?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Wrong.  As a Father and Grandfather, I have every bit of interest in not seeing my daughter or granddaughters being molested due to some misplaced and immoral policy this company has.

Guess since women mostly get raped, you don't care about that either.  That is, if you are male.

So don't go to Target.  If you think transgenders aren't using the restrooms of their choice, you're simply not aware of what's been going on for, oh, a hundred years.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline endicom

Let me guess.  You don't know any transgenders do you? 

Did you say the same thing about gays?

I am long out of NYC and do not currently know any imagining themselves to be transgendered. Or any imagining themselves to be church officials.

But I am from NYC and know that 'gay' covers a variety of behaviors. Like, you know, that leather stuff. Is that your fancy?

Offline Axel

It's amazing that one does meet highly educated people and they defend all of this gender bathroom business, I don't get it. I met someone, he's into high-tech, black, worked in the tech triangle of North Carolina and just made a passing remark on that transgender bathroom situation there. So, he didn't say anything real radical; but I could tell he was against it.

The Triangle is very liberal. Welcome to my life. I haven't read a pro hb2 article in the newspaper to date.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

• Technical

If they don't care, I don't care either. Women have to deal with this. If enough guys perv out on them, they will turn against it, but until then they will have to learn the hard way (no pun intended).

And until that time, I no longer care about this issue.

Offline musiclady

I haven't been to our Target since they created this reckless policy.

And I won't go back until they change it.  If they lose much of their business because they won't change it, it's their choice.  But it's also my choice to stay far away from a place that doesn't care about the safety of women and children.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 01:05:58 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

• Technical

Really? Because liberals want to force this on every public bathroom in the nation, by governmental decree.

If they don't care, I don't care either. Women have to deal with this. If enough guys perv out on them, they will turn against it, but until then they will have to learn the hard way (no pun intended).

And until that time, I no longer care about this issue.

Thanks for answering.  I see you have none.

• Technical
Thanks for answering.  I see you have none.

Yes, I don't care if women get raped... are you bleep serious? You're a total moron.

Yes, I don't care if women get raped... are you bleep serious? You're a total moron.
Then you should take this serious instead of flipping off the entire matter.

Funny, you act the tough guy but when it gets down to it, all you have to pull is the insults.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Had a supervisor years ago who used to randomly stand up at his desk and drop his pants. When the women complained he would say, If you don't like it then don't look.

When he was called out by the chain of command for it, he claimed that he was only 'tucking his shirt in'. Obviously this guy was a moron, and a weirdo.

But the point is that a lot of guys like showing themselves to women. Does anyone want to take a guess at what Weiner would do in a woman's bathroom or locker room?

Women generally have natural modesty. Guys, not so much. Most guys would have no problem walking around naked in a woman's bathroom. The reverse is not true.

What Liberals, and Target, are attempting to do is to "reconstruct" basic human nature. And it is failing in a spectacular way.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Really? Because liberals want to force this on every public bathroom in the nation, by governmental decree.

I thought you didn't care?

Offline Victoria33

@IsailedawayfromFR
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak

The article says two stores in North Texas.  I live in North Texas, don't know which stores are involved.  There is one a short distance from this house, but I don't go there and wouldn't go there.

When this okay for men to go in ladies bathrooms came up, a friend of mine said many years ago, she HAD to go to the ladies bathroom and was in a stall urinating, when a man's face appeared under the wall of her stall.  Now, my friend is a highly intelligent individual and not a shrinking violet - she immediately kicked the man in his face.  Then, when she finished, she immediately got out of there.

I thought about that and wondered if I could have acted as quickly as she did.  My first reaction was, I would be so shocked at that, I would have briefly frozen.  Now that I know her story, both my feet are ready to kick said man in the face.  Ladies, speak to your feet so they will know what to do immediately.

• Technical
Then you should take this serious instead of flipping off the entire matter.

Funny, you act the tough guy but when it gets down to it, all you have to pull is the insults.

You just accused me of not caring if women get raped... how do you expect me to react?

Offline musiclady

I thought you didn't care?

That's exactly what I thought.   :shrug:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

• Technical
Women seem to voting for Hillary at a high rate. Hillary will put more of this nonsense into place. If women don't care, why should I?

Offline musiclady

Women seem to voting for Hillary at a high rate. Hillary will put more of this nonsense into place. If women don't care, why should I?

That's ridiculous.  Hillary's opponent is Donald Trump, who is an outright misogynist who belittles, ridicules, and debases women.  If Hillary had a decent opponent, she would not be getting anywhere close to the votes she will get because younger women hate the way she enabled Bill.

Besides which, you're dealing with a whole bunch of women on this forum who DO care.  Saying we don't is patently false.

You're speaking out of both sides of your mouth here.  You can't say you don't care on this issue when you clearly do...... and you know full well that women do as well.