Author Topic: DEBATE RULES: NO COUGHING BREAKS  (Read 1170 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DEBATE RULES: NO COUGHING BREAKS
« on: September 23, 2016, 03:40:34 pm »
http://drudgereport.com/flashny.htm

EBATE RULES: NO COUGHING BREAKS
**Exclusive**
Fri Sep 23 2016 11:30:40 ET

If presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton slips into a coughing fit or any other medical crisis during Monday's high-stakes debate, she will have to power through, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned!

"There are no commercial breaks," a commission source explains. "Period."

Debate moderator Lester Holt does not have the authority to cut away from the stage during the epic 90-minute showdown. And microphone audio for either of the candidates is not to be manipulated.

Clinton has experienced severe coughing episodes throughout the election year. During a Labor Day campaign stop she suffered a 4-minute choking marathon.

Monday's throwdown could top out at 100 million viewers, making it the biggest political event in history.

EDITOR'S NOTE: The presidential debate commission settled an early flashpoint when Clinton demanded a step-stool at the podium to add height to her 5'4" frame. Campaign Chairman John Podesta expressed concern that Hillary would be dwarfed by 6'2" Trump. The request was quickly rejected. The commission is allowing for a custom-made podium, which will accommodate the difference in stature.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: DEBATE RULES: NO COUGHING BREAKS
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 03:47:57 pm »
http://drudgereport.com/flashny.htm

EBATE RULES: NO COUGHING BREAKS
**Exclusive**
Fri Sep 23 2016 11:30:40 ET

If presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton slips into a coughing fit or any other medical crisis during Monday's high-stakes debate, she will have to power through, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned!

"There are no commercial breaks," a commission source explains. "Period."

Debate moderator Lester Holt does not have the authority to cut away from the stage during the epic 90-minute showdown. And microphone audio for either of the candidates is not to be manipulated.

Clinton has experienced severe coughing episodes throughout the election year. During a Labor Day campaign stop she suffered a 4-minute choking marathon.

Monday's throwdown could top out at 100 million viewers, making it the biggest political event in history.

EDITOR'S NOTE: The presidential debate commission settled an early flashpoint when Clinton demanded a step-stool at the podium to add height to her 5'4" frame. Campaign Chairman John Podesta expressed concern that Hillary would be dwarfed by 6'2" Trump. The request was quickly rejected. The commission is allowing for a custom-made podium, which will accommodate the difference in stature.

I'm expecting some sort of meltdown from Hitlery.    There seems to be quite a bit of evidence indicating she is not in good health. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 04:01:26 pm »
   What about Bathroom Breaks?

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 04:06:41 pm »

Depends...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 04:08:01 pm »

That is just so wrong....

Well, I'm not going to be one of the expected 100 million.  Watching that debate would be akin to a root canal.

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 04:12:37 pm »
Depends...

*Reminds me of that brave Captain fighting off the Pirates......

"Captain. Hand Me My Brown Pants"

*http://english-zone.com/esl-jokes/brown.html

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 04:15:02 pm »
on a side note:
@mystery-ak

The live debate thread will be outside of the Trump Safe Zone and Echo Chamber .....Correct?

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 04:18:53 pm »
*Reminds me of that brave Captain fighting off the Pirates......

"Captain. Hand Me My Brown Pants"

*http://english-zone.com/esl-jokes/brown.html

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline rodamala

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 08:06:28 pm »
Debate Bingo Cards available yet?

Offline kalee

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 04:40:19 am »
Standing up the whole time, no breaks, I wonder who set these rules in place?  Obviously they are not extending any special consideration to Madame Clinton. Does someone wants her to fail? I'm surprised she agreed to those conditions.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 05:05:50 am »
@mystery-ak

When I was instructing in Texas Election Laws in Texas and Election Judges and Clerks, I spoke for four hours in a large room or auditorium with a 15 minute break in the middle.  I kept a cough drop in my mouth the whole time to keep my mouth and throat lubricated.

Clinton needs to do that, if she doesn't, she will likely have one of the coughing spells from just talking.  If they are going to be standing the whole 90 minutes, she can hold onto the stand to keep her balance.

Trump will be his usual, not able to speak a whole sentence without nonsense words and repeating words and stopping before a complete sentence is said.  I dread hearing the klutz.