Author Topic: Trump Finds Another Way to Personally Enrich Himself on the Campaign Trail  (Read 390 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Trump Finds Another Way to Personally Enrich Himself on the Campaign Trail

You would think that by virtue of the fact that Trump is using so many of his own resources for this campaign, ranging from traveling in his own plane to using his own building as a campaign headquarters, he’d be saving a lot of money.
As has been reported at length, however, he’s costing the RNC dearly, as he quadruples rent on his building – for himself – and has little output to show for the money.
Well, here’s one more story about how "http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/donald-trump-secret-service-campaign-travel-payments-228553"

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2016/09/22/trump-finds-another-way-personally-enrich-campaign-trail/

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump Finds Another Way to Personally Enrich Himself on the Campaign Trail
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 04:27:41 am »
    Federal Election Commission records show that the U.S. Secret Service has paid the Trump campaign about $1.6 million to cover the cost of flying its agents with the candidate on a plane owned and operated by one of his companies.

It’s standard practice for the agency — which is tasked with protecting presidential candidates as well as presidents and other federal officials — to reimburse presidential campaigns for the cost of traveling with the candidates.

In fact, the Secret Service has reimbursed the Clinton campaign, too: $2.6 million so far this cycle.

The difference with Trump is that one of his companies, TAG Air, Inc., owns the plane, so the government is effectively paying him.

Trump is a real piece of crap. Everything he is involved in is a grift.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Trump Finds Another Way to Personally Enrich Himself on the Campaign Trail
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 04:51:35 am »
    Federal Election Commission records show that the U.S. Secret Service has paid the Trump campaign about $1.6 million to cover the cost of flying its agents with the candidate on a plane owned and operated by one of his companies.

It’s standard practice for the agency — which is tasked with protecting presidential candidates as well as presidents and other federal officials — to reimburse presidential campaigns for the cost of traveling with the candidates.

In fact, the Secret Service has reimbursed the Clinton campaign, too: $2.6 million so far this cycle.

The difference with Trump is that one of his companies, TAG Air, Inc., owns the plane, so the government is effectively paying him.

Trump is a real piece of crap. Everything he is involved in is a grift.

I posted the picture of the vault because I think this is the greatest American robbery. 

This from the article:

Trump, who once said “I could be the first presidential candidate to run and make money on it has attracted criticism for mixing business and politics to an unprecedented degree. He has made a point of highlighting his properties on the campaign trail, leading opponents to accuse him of using his presidential bid to promote his brand and line his pockets.

A good majority of cash going out of the campaign is either to family or Trump businesses. 

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 04:56:06 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.