Author Topic: Trump: 'Never Trumpers' Are Dying, On Respirators; "They Should Be Ashamed Of Themselves"  (Read 15253 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Constitutional Party Supporters, note, 2012 Constitutional Party Presidential Candidate Virgil Goode has endorsed Trump.
So what? That was the 2012 candidate. He never ran against Trump.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

Good plan except you forgot one little tiny part!  You have to get the bastard elected!  Good luck with that!
Which amoral Leftist totalitarian statist from New York was that they want to elect, anyway?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

Stubbornness isn't a principle as much as it is a character flaw.  :nono:
Except when you are right. Then, it is a virtue.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

Just so you know, I get all that trash as well and I'm NOT at all happy about it!
I just tear my name off any identifying junk mail and stuff the postage paid return envelope with it. It's amazing how much that stuff drops off...the rest is in a bucket near the fireplace for tinder.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

Leaderless malcontents, you'll have the impact of a bug on a windshield.  :seeya:
Some bugs have more impact than others. :silly: :silly:

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

They're clearly begging for our votes.......... by being as repugnant and obnoxious as humans can be.

I find their tactics VERY odd!

Wow. What a revelation! They have done nothing but psychologically project the whole time they have harassed those who would not vote for Trump, as if it would convince us to do so.

Maybe they're all masochists, and think that would work with us? :pondering:

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

No, they're not.  The Trumpenfaithful are quite content with themselves and their Dear Leader.  The "malcontents" I'm talking about are those quiet people (of all races and ethnicities, not just those we've previously thought of as fruitful ground for conservatives) who feel that there's no one and no group who represents their beliefs, desires, and hopes for the future.  They are the ones we need to find and welcome.
You are correct. Voter participation indicates there are vast numbers of people who do not feel represented enough to even vote, perhaps even outnumbering those who do vote, and I strongly suspect a significant plurality of those who do vote do so out of desperation in order to avoid something which is so antithetical to their beliefs they will vote for anything but.

I think the word "Conservative" has to be avoided, though, as the result of hyphenation and misuse and equating the philosophy with the Republican brand has so damaged the word in terms of meaning that it is a meaningless term in the overall picture. Unfortunately, "Republican" has been co opted, too, and no longer means those who advocate a Republic, such as the Founders created.

We need to either select an existing Party and build it, or create an entirely new one. The former (and I have reiterated my thinking on this ad infinitum) would take selecting a Party based on platform, which essentially is in agreement with our goals. The latter is going to be difficult.

I will stump at this point for the Constitution Party, on the ballot or a recognized write-in in 32 of the 50 states at present, with 17 pending or in progress as write-ins.
Platform here: (and posted in the Constitution Party section of this websitehttp://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/board,126.0.html) and on the Party website: https://www.constitutionparty.com/our-principles/platform-and-resolutions/

That is already a fair force for a 'third party' and could be expanded relatively rapidly with an infusion of support.

(Personally, I find the Constitution Party already closest to where I want a political party to be in terms of principles. YMMV)

The Libertarian Party and the Green Party have a media advantage, as they are most often mentioned in the media.

The link to the Green Party home page is here, with their four pillars: http://www.gp.org/ with links from there to their ten key values.
The Green Party is pretty much antithetical to what most who have been considered "Conservative" stand for, with an uber liberal platform. Not all the disaffected in America are disaffected because they think government does too much. Do not take my word for it, and become educated by  checking them out.

The Libertarian Party is perhaps the best known, and will be on all 50 state ballots and in Washington DC. In a way, this is a measure of increased 'third' party support this year because this is the first time since 1996 that the Libertarian Party has had that broad ballot access.

The first thing I noted on the LP platform webpage is that the page is being translated into Spanish. Hmmmm.
Party platform here:
http://www.lp.org/platform Again, check them out, and agree or disagree as you will.

Much of the information on Party ballot availability is dated on websites like ballotpedia, and the best updates are likely to be found directly on the respective party websites.

C S Lewis

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
No personal attacks, please. Let's act like adults.

What are the chances that we could get a corner of the site where we as NeverTrumpers could have discussions without being needled by the ProTrumpers? Sort of as a balance to this board: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/board,120.0.html

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Was thinking today.....'President Trump' should revoke EPA's conviction of Volkswagon regarding the diesel engine computer fudging the numbers.

Instead of the more than $153 Million dollar fine to the government, Volkswagon agrees to build an assembly plant.  Lowest corporate taxes on the planet for ten years.   Let's sell some cars.

Let's sell some homes for families...which means appliances...building supplies...landscapers.

I think it would also be fascinating to see the Global Warming Crowd's head explode.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wingnut

Was thinking today.....'President Trump' should revoke EPA's conviction of Volkswagon regarding the diesel engine computer fudging the numbers.

Instead of the more than $153 Million dollar fine to the government, Volkswagon agrees to build an assembly plant.  Lowest corporate taxes on the planet for ten years.   Let's sell some cars.

Let's sell some homes for families...which means appliances...building supplies...landscapers.

I think it would also be fascinating to see the Global Warming Crowd's head explode.

DC, You're not yourself today. I noticed the improvement immediately.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Or not

Trump acknowledges climate change — at his golf course

The billionaire, who called global warming a hoax, warns of its dire effects in his company's application to build a sea wall.

By Ben Schreckinger

05/23/16 05:35 AM EDT

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/donald-trump-climate-change-golf-course-223436#ixzz4LEYnvK4W
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/donald-trump-climate-change-golf-course-223436

Online Smokin Joe

Aside from the NINJA loan crowd, who is buying in a shaky market? Aside from people with Government jobs, that is? Just about anyone else is open to getting a layoff.

C S Lewis

HonestJohn

Aside from the NINJA loan crowd, who is buying in a shaky market? Aside from people with Government jobs, that is? Just about anyone else is open to getting a layoff.

I'm in the process of building a custom home to live in.

After pricing out the land and the cost to build, it's actually a good deal cheaper than a cookie-cutter pre-built house.

And it's going to last a lot longer and need much less maintenance.

Plus, it's going to be on stilts - with the underside being the spot to park my car.  (not a garage, though)

Somewhat like this, only with charred cedar wood siding:

Online Smokin Joe

After pricing out the land and the cost to build, it's actually a good deal cheaper than a cookie-cutter pre-built house.

Plus, it's going to be on stilts - with the underside being the spot to park my car.  (not a garage, though)

Don't forget the bookcases...!

C S Lewis

Offline Longmire

The billionaire, who called global warming a hoax, warns of its dire effects in his company's application to build a sea wall.

And the sad part is that pedestrian thinkers fail to acknowledge the brilliance in such a maneuver.   :pondering:

Wingnut

You need a garage.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Quote by @Longmire updated for accuracy:

And the sad part is that pedestrian thinkers fail to acknowledge the brilliance in such a maneuver. of flip-flopping/pandering/lying.

Apparently, Republicans are now okay with the tactics they've always found so disingenuous. Now that it's their Democrat with the R behind his name, it's not only acceptable -- it's brilliant!

@Norm Lenhart

[attachment deleted by admin]

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

HonestJohn

You need a garage.

I actually went out of my way to not have one.  Just open-air parking up the home.

If I have a garage, I'd never use it for a car, but for storage... which then means I'll never park in it.

Offline Longmire

Quote by @Longmire updated for accuracy: liberal rebuttal

And the sad part is that pedestrian thinkers fail to acknowledge the brilliance in such a maneuver. of flip-flopping/pandering/lying.

Trump doesn't have to believe in global warming to force liberals to support him or expose their hypocrisy on the issue. 

Offline Longmire

Apparently, Republicans are now okay with the tactics they've always found so disingenuous. Now that it's their Democrat with the R behind his name, it's not only acceptable -- it's brilliant!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with what Trump did...text book Art of the Deal.   :laugh:

Online Smokin Joe

There's absolutely nothing wrong with what Trump did...text book Art of the Deal.   :laugh:
BOHICA!

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
There's absolutely nothing wrong with what Trump did...text book Art of the Deal.

Defining deviancy down is no longer just for Democrats.

It's the preferred tactic for every liberal, no matter the party they claim fealty to.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

In that case, there's "absolutely nothing wrong" with any lie that he's told during his entire campaign.

"I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That’s why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole.” (pg. 58) - The Art of the Deal

If he does nothing that he's said that he would do, or even if he does the exact opposite of what he promised to do, textbook Art of the Deal excuses his actions and his supporters will just have to deal with that.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 07:16:31 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline kartographer

In that case, there's "absolutely nothing wrong" with any lie that he's told during his entire campaign.

If he does nothing that he's said that he would do, or even if he does the exact opposite of what he promised to do, textbook Art of the Deal excuses his actions and his supporters will just have to deal with that.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter. - Isaiah 5:20
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Perhaps they need to stop giving us allusion after allusion to the fact they are acting like militant thugs.

And how do you know I wasn't referencing this kind of stormtrooper?

Considering Trumps ability to hit the target politically I assumed those were the ones.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour