Author Topic: There’s a collective conservative consciousness rising against the GOP(Americana)  (Read 1675 times)

Offline corbe

JD Rucker

The state of today’s GOP is much worse than the emperor having no clothes. In that story, there was a certain level of justification by way of self-preservation of one’s status that compelled the masses to pretend they loved what they saw without actually seeing anything. The GOP is clothed. Everyone can see it. Everyone knows that they’re not the clothes of conservatism, pragmatism, or sanity, but most are willfully touting them and at times even trying on the party’s new duds.

Meanwhile, there are four types of right-leaning voters that can be differentiated based upon their reaction to the emperor’s new clothes:
1.Establishment/Trump Style Adopters: As the party

<..snip..>

http://thenewamericana.com/2016/09/22/theres-a-collective-conservative-conscience-rising-against-the-gop/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

From the article:

1. Establishment/Trump Style Adopters: As the party lurches left on healthcare, the national debt, minimum wage, maternity leave, big government spending, Russia, free trade, and a handful of other issues, those who have been on the Trump Train through the primaries are sharing the wardrobe of their Establishment frienemies in a win-at-all-costs race to the bottom. They’re wearing the party’s new liberal colors and trying to convince the rest of us that it’s all the rage. Sean “Kung Fu” Hannity is the dressmaker for this group.

2.Lemonade Makers: While it disappoints me to see so many who opposed Trump in the primaries put aside their instincts for the sake of stopping Hillary, it’s understandable. However, they’ve taken it too far, supporting Trump without dissent for the sake of unity. These are the folks who knew Trump was a mess but have jumped aboard the Trump Train to see where it takes them. In many ways, they’re not much better than the first group. They set aside their conservatism just the same, only later in the game. Rush Limbaugh comes to mind, here.

3.Reluctant Voters: Hillary really is that bad. She is so bad that some would rather risk turning America into the next Trump Air or USFL rather than see what damage Hillary could do. The thing that separates them from the previous group is they aren’t willing to wear the liberals clothes they’re being handed by the party. They dissent, and in a nation that was built on dissent, it’s good to know that people fearful enough of Hillary that they’d vote for Trump are still holding onto their conservative values. Since declaring that he’d vote for Trump, Mark Levin has called out every turn to the left that Trump has made.

4.NeverTrump: No need to explain who these folks are. They’d rather burn the GOP’s liberal wardrobe and walk around naked than to take the easier path of reluctant acceptance. Glenn Beck may be the last major conservative personality in this camp.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 09:55:11 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

What the article fails to point out is the GOP died when they handed Trump the nomination...conservatism continues to live on.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
A very good article and an interesting read!

What the article fails to point out is the GOP died when they handed Trump the nomination...conservatism continues to live on.

Yes... unfortunately the GOP's undead corpse will continue to lurch about until a viable replacement appears.
Let it burn.

Offline Norm Lenhart

The GOP died when people flocked to elect people like Romney/Bhoner/Mitch/Ryan. Every single one of them either legislated directly against the official Platform, campaigned on liberal principles and in fact, they all did both.

But to say the GOP died because of liberals like these only addresses a small fraction of the problem. Had self proclaimed right wingers not gone into a booth and empowered these people they'd not have been there (or in Romney's case, thrown an election) /TO DO THE DAMAGE.

The GOP died because voters embraced liberalism over principle.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 12:23:35 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A very good article and an interesting read!

Yes... unfortunately the GOP's undead corpse will continue to lurch about until a viable replacement appears.
We have to make that happen, if we want a home for Constitutional Conservatives. That can be done by embracing a party which has the same goals, or converting another party, but it won't likely come from the GOP in the next 50 years.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline endicom

The GOP died when it nominated Hoover.

Offline Norm Lenhart

We have to make that happen, if we want a home for Constitutional Conservatives. That can be done by embracing a party which has the same goals, or converting another party, but it won't likely come from the GOP in the next 50 years.

There is nothing but 'downside' to the idea of fixing the GOP or hoping at some mythical future date it will come around, because you still have all the baggage. The smart/logical thing to do is as you said, adopt (or form) a party. One without that baggage.

Today we look back on the history of the Dems and their Klan/slaver past. They never lost that. Just changed the application. 50 years from now the GOP will be remembered as the weathervane party that had one brief 8 year moment of glory in the 80s and went hard left thereafter, selling out to every liberal desire they were presented by the minority Democrats. Followers, not leaders. Serfs, not Scions.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There is nothing but 'downside' to the idea of fixing the GOP or hoping at some mythical future date it will come around, because you still have all the baggage. The smart/logical thing to do is as you said, adopt (or form) a party. One without that baggage.

Today we look back on the history of the Dems and their Klan/slaver past. They never lost that. Just changed the application. 50 years from now the GOP will be remembered as the weathervane party that had one brief 8 year moment of glory in the 80s and went hard left thereafter, selling out to every liberal desire they were presented by the minority Democrats. Followers, not leaders. Serfs, not Scions.

That's why I am for building another party to prominence. I like the Constitution Party platform, so that's where my efforts will go.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 12:49:47 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

That's why we have to start working toward that goal immediately.

We already know, after the debacles that were the 2008, 2012 and 2016 primaries, that the Republican primaries are going to produce the wrong candidate again in 2020. If we prepare our candidate to be outside that party now, we don't have to worry about being teased again like we did this year when Cruz hung in just long enough to give people hope that it wouldn't happen again (and of course it happened again).

For now, some may choose the Constitution Party as their protest vessel, but I think the big-L Libertarians, with their access to all 50 state ballots, efforts to broaden their base outside the hardliners, and common fiscal conservative roots, along with their better poll standing, seem to be the better short-term solution at least for now (reservations with Gary Johnson aside).

In the long run, we're going to have to decide what route we're going to take for 2020, whether we ally with some other party like the Constitutionists or the big-L's, or try and go with a new party from scratch—but we have to be ready by 2019 with candidates so that we don't have another Evan McMullin trying to dash into the race way too late.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Norm Lenhart

We already know, after the debacles that were the 2008, 2012 and 2016 primaries, that the Republican primaries are going to produce the wrong candidate again in 2020. If we prepare our candidate to be outside that party now, we don't have to worry about being teased again like we did this year when Cruz hung in just long enough to give people hope that it wouldn't happen again (and of course it happened again).

For now, some may choose the Constitution Party as their protest vessel, but I think the big-L Libertarians, with their access to all 50 state ballots, efforts to broaden their base outside the hardliners, and common fiscal conservative roots, along with their better poll standing, seem to be the better short-term solution at least for now (reservations with Gary Johnson aside).

In the long run, we're going to have to decide what route we're going to take for 2020, whether we ally with some other party like the Constitutionists or the big-L's, or try and go with a new party from scratch—but we have to be ready by 2019 with candidates so that we don't have another Evan McMullin trying to dash into the race way too late.

I have been saying since I saw the light in 2008 that we had to abandon the GOP and reformunder a different banner. I have been called everything but a white man since.

The problem can be seen on this and every other forum. For 3.9 years people beat their chests about how much the GOP sucks and then pull a Mark Levin and vote for them anyway after thrashing them as the devil for 3.9 years. These are gutless people with no core beliefs that do not believe the words that come out of their own mouths. They will never form a third party  or adopt a new one.

However that should not stop the rest of us with a spine from doing so. We likely will never win. But In my view, we should do if as the basis for those who come after to build from. Had we started this when McCain tanked his election, we'd not be in the mess we are today and not facing a 2 liberal election.

Offline libertybele

I don't consider the Constitution Party as a 'protest vessel' but rather voting for whom out of the candidates that we have, who is best for this country.  As for the future, while I understand what you are saying, you are assuming that we will have a country left as we know it.  I've stated this before, but the reality is the demographics are going to change dramatically; amnesty will be granted opening the door for millions of new voters which will in all probability vote DEM.  Then there is the issue of millions of Muslim immigrants/refugees that will in all probability vote DEM.  With that being said, I don't see much hope for a new party emerging or a 3rd party succeeding in the near future and perhaps not for decades for the simple fact that they will be grossly outnumbered.  I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but I see it as very much a reality of what's to come.

Should things by some fluke remain status quo without millions of new DEM voters emerging, I agree the time is now.  But with forming a new party, there needs to be tremendously strong leadership. The only leader that I see with tremendous strength, backbone, tenacity, integrity, moral character, a willingness to fight for freedom, a willingness to fight for the country and our Constitution is Cruz.  I would hope he would chose to form a new party, but he is already preparing for defending his GOP Senate seat. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
...Conservatism within the party is done. That’s not to say there won’t be conservatives fighting the good fight from within the GOP, but after the election they will have even less power than they have today. The Freedom Caucus will be capped, making gains here and taking losses there, but they’ll never be more than an annoyance for the Establishment-controlled House to sidestep. Ted Cruz and Mike Lee will never have more than a handful of allies within the Senate.

The future of conservatism within the GOP, so bright just a couple of years ago, has been turned to rubble. We will never be able to push against the Establishment harder than they can push back against us. The party cannot be fixed from within. It’s time to break free.
A new party

Over the last two weeks, I’ve spoken with several conservatives who have the ability to help build a new party. So many see the need and realize that there has never been a better time than now to do what hasn’t been done in a century and a half – making a third party that can compete with the big two. The challenge has been getting the first people out to the dance floor.

This is where you come in....

That's a crystal clear call to action.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I don't consider the Constitution Party as a 'protest vessel' but rather voting for whom out of the candidates that we have, who is best for this country. 
As I see it, any vote outside the two major parties has an element of protest to it. Not that it makes it any less right, but that element is there.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Same sentiment here.  The GOP has thrusted the knife so deep into we the ultra-conservative's backs that we are at the point of no return.  The GOP had 100's of chances to nip the Trump phenomenon, but chose not to.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

The GOP has been officially hijacked by the left just as the Democratic Party has been hijacked by radical leftists.  Leaving those of us that held our noses and voted GOP in the past without a major party.  Time to support another party now....The Constitution Party.
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

HonestJohn

We have to face reality.

The plurality of our *OWN* voters are liberal.  They want government control and 'free stuff'.  What this election is exposing is that while they want that... they want it *ONLY* for people like themselves.

---

It's "payback" because people who they self-define as non-Americans (ie: Hispanics, Blacks, Muslims, etc, etc) have - at times - used government programs. 

And that, for some reason, makes their blood boil in rage.

Not that such programs and controls exist.  Just that they are open for all in need.

---
As long as they are adamant about this, they will contune to vote this way.  If we want better Presidential nominees... we have two choices:

1. Convince all Americans (starting with our own) of how our views are better (we cannot use the term 'Conservative' in this argument, though, as our own plurality uses the term... with a radically different meaning)

-or-

2. Empower the GOP to radically limit the number of candidates allowed to run each Presidential cycle.  And give the party enough power to vet each one thoroughly beforehand so that each candidate is tolerable to party members and to the general voting public.

(I don't particularly trust option #2, though.  But it'd work.)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 06:42:17 pm by HonestJohn »