Author Topic: Trump Would Increase Debt by $5.3 Trillion Over 10 Years, Think Tank Report Concludes  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Trump Would Increase Debt by $5.3 Trillion Over 10 Years, Think Tank Report Concludes
Sep. 22, 2016 12:42pm   Kaitlyn Schallhorn
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/09/22/trump-would-increase-debt-by-5-3-trillion-over-10-years-think-tank-report-concludes/
While both presidential nominees would significantly add to the nation’s debt with their budget proposals, Republican Donald Trump would increase it drastically more than his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton, according to a recent think tank report.

The nonpartisan Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget’s analysis estimated that Clinton’s plans would increase the U.S. debt by $200 billion over 10 years. In comparison, Trump’s plans are projected to hike the national debt by $5.3 trillion over the same time period....
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/09/22/trump-would-increase-debt-by-5-3-trillion-over-10-years-think-tank-report-concludes/

Edit to add link.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 10:22:43 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

Good Lawd! When you make the Clinton's look like the ones that are fiscally responsible you have failed...bigly.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline LMAO

I think they're low balling it for both. Nevertheless, this is troubling. And adding a new entitlement to the budget is absolutely a step in the wrong direction

You cannot hide from math forever
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 10:19:52 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

Link??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

Offline LMAO

I do not buy that Clinton, if elected, would add just 200 billion to our national debt in a 10 year period, though
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

I do not buy that Clinton, if elected, would add just 200 billion to our national debt in a 10 year period, though
No the law of unintended consequences would rear its ugly head. It's like any budget guess take the number and double it, if unsure double it again.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

$200 B wouldn't even buy her ugly pantsuits.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

$200 B wouldn't even buy her ugly pantsuits.
Oh, I don't those Sofa slipcovers she wears can't be THAT expensive.

Offline Vulcan

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The cake it already baked as it is, yeah let's just pour more on top. Right now around 8% interest rates held steady for just a few years would mean half our tax revenues going to pay interest.

That doesn't account for a recession if revenues plunge like they did in the last one. Add $5T more in debt and it will only take around 5% rates to accomplish the same.

We are rapidly closing in on the point where even low historical rates will bust our budget to the point where we can't even meet half our current obligations. Being the bulk of the budget is social programs and military, think about the consequences of that. None of that even accounts for unfunded liabilities and state and local spending and debt.
The Republic is lost.