Author Topic: Cruz supporters alarmed by possible Trump endorsement  (Read 2585 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Cruz supporters alarmed by possible Trump endorsement
« on: September 22, 2016, 07:58:57 pm »
JimRob's getting his troops ready for the next TOS-a-thon...lol

Skip to comments.
Cruz supporters alarmed by possible Trump endorsement
Washington Examiner ^  | September 22, 2016 | By DAVID M. DRUCKER

Posted on ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2016‎ ‎2‎:‎25‎:‎33‎ ‎PM by Jim Robinson

Ted Cruz supporters were alarmed Wednesday at suggestions that he was on the verge of endorsing Donald Trump.

They worry that the Texas senator could squander his brand as a fighter — and goodwill earned among many through his stubborn refusal to back his party's nominee — if he caves with nothing to show for it.

Cruz has held out on the grounds that Trump is insufficiently conservative, and because Trump attacked his wife and father down the stretch of their heated battle for the Republican nomination.

The senator even took the extraordinary step of declining to endorse Trump during a televised, prime time speech delivered from the stage of the New York businessman's own nominating convention.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonexaminer.com ...

Don't listen to the nattering nabobs of negativity, Senator. Just do it. It's way past time and it's the only way to redeem yourself in this critical election. We cannot allow Hillary to become president where she will stack the courts with God-hating, America-hating leftists. Granting amnesty alone will destroy America, not to mention opening our borders to all comers including Jew-hating, Christian-hating Muslim jihadists.
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.

1 posted on ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2016‎ ‎2‎:‎25‎:‎33‎ ‎PM by Jim Robinson

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies | Report Abuse]

EDIT BY MOD1: Better to post link to the actual original story at Washington Examiner than to FR.

Next TOS-a-thon coming in 9 days. It will be interesting to see the numbers after Election Day.

It's funny how a Cruz thread brings out the Morlocks.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 11:21:32 pm by Mod1 »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online corbe

Re: Cruz supporters alarmed by possible Trump endorsement
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 08:08:20 pm »

@Night Hides Not

And a Trump thread gets the eloi off their duffs to worship their Orange One.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 08:13:52 pm »

@Night Hides Not

And a Trump thread gets the eloi off their duffs to worship their Orange One.

I'm confused, I never thought of Trump supporters as Eloi.  lol

I'll probably ride the Zot train today, I reminded a couple of folks over at TOS that Trump broke the support pledge, too...on multiple occasions. That's usually good for a Zot, as the Zot Brigade is out in full force on Cruz threads.

I could be wrong, but when I think of Eloi, I think "Hillary supporters", and "gibsmedat".
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 08:15:25 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline chae

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 08:24:51 pm »
I remember reading an article after Cruz's speech and it basically boiled down to if you were 45 years old or younger, you loved the speech, if you were older than that you hated it.  Also saw how for all the talk about Bernie and the youth vote, the "Millennials" were strongly supportive of Cruz. 
I wonder if the breakdown of ages and Cruz speech supporters vs  those who disliked it holds true here.
But I digress...I don't see Cruz endorsing Trump at this point.  The only people who want him to endorse Trump are those who want him to effectively neuter himself and any chance he has of running and winning in 2020

Offline beandog

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 08:30:12 pm »
I'm not the least bit "alarmed".  He can do what he wants to do and I'll do what I want to do.  I may be disappointed but "alarmed" is just ridiculous. **nononono*

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 08:35:14 pm »
The only people who want him to endorse Trump are those who want him to effectively neuter himself and any chance he has of running and winning in 2020

I would think that the number of Cruz supporters who would abandon Cruz over such an endorsement would be outnumbered by those who would carry a grudge over his speech if he didn't.  And while the latter group might fall under the rubric of "the Establishment", the fact is that it wouldn't hurt his Presidential aspirations to build bridges to different groups within the party.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 10:21:19 pm »
I'm confused, I never thought of Trump supporters as Eloi.  lol

I'll probably ride the Zot train today, I reminded a couple of folks over at TOS that Trump broke the support pledge, too...on multiple occasions. That's usually good for a Zot, as the Zot Brigade is out in full force on Cruz threads.

I could be wrong, but when I think of Eloi, I think "Hillary supporters", and "gibsmedat".

Wow!  You haven't gotten the zot yet?  I must have been way more obnoxious than you.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 10:23:18 pm »
Jim Robinson has long ago lost any semblance of sanity.  He has no conscience.  He wanted Cruz at first but joined in with the Cruz haters as soon as he counted the votes on that stupid poll they did.

He's all about the pledges.

Go away, Jim.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 10:28:19 pm »
I am expecting my absentee ballot next week.  It was my intention to write in Ted Cruz.  I will hold off returning the ballot until closer to the election.  If he does support Agent Orange he will not be getting my write in vote.

Offline anymouse

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 10:41:30 pm »
Just more Drumpf PsyOps to put pressure on Sen. Cruz and dispirit the #NeverTrump legions.

It won't work.  Sen. Cruz and most of us are focused on what happens after November.

We know that America loses whichever of them wins the election.

Picking up the pieces of conservatism and moving on to 2020 is far more important than taking potshots at bleep and Hillary libtards, as entertaining as that might be. ;)

Meanwhile Ted is "living rent-free" in the head of the man who should be focused on beating Hillary.
Anymouse

"Life is a sit-com.  I'm just a critic, don't blame me for the lack of plot and poor acting." ;)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 10:54:35 pm »

Meanwhile Ted is "living rent-free" in the head of the man who should be focused on beating Hillary.

Yes he is, as well as in the heads of the Trump Militant that desperately want to be part of the punishment for lack of obeisance Ted displayed at their prince.  Like Trump, they will never let it go.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 11:04:16 pm »
Just more Drumpf PsyOps to put pressure on Sen. Cruz and dispirit the #NeverTrump legions.

It won't work.  Sen. Cruz and most of us are focused on what happens after November.

We know that America loses whichever of them wins the election.

Picking up the pieces of conservatism and moving on to 2020 is far more important than taking potshots at bleep and Hillary libtards, as entertaining as that might be. ;)

Yes, that's my thought as well. If I'm wrong and Sen. Cruz does endorse Mr. Trump, then I will be very disappointed in the Senator. Disappointed enough that I would not vote for his reelection in 2018.  :shrug:
Let it burn.

geronl

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 11:13:09 pm »
Yes, that's my thought as well. If I'm wrong and Sen. Cruz does endorse Mr. Trump, then I will be very disappointed in the Senator. Disappointed enough that I would not vote for his reelection in 2018.  :shrug:

:thumbsup:

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2016, 11:16:01 pm »
I guess I'm the only one that would still support Cruz. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Silver Pines

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2016, 11:28:24 pm »
LOL at Robinson saying Cruz needs to "redeem himself".  To whom?  A bunch of yammering fringe nutcases like him and the others who infest that site? 

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 11:33:36 pm »
LOL at Robinson saying Cruz needs to "redeem himself".  To whom?  A bunch of yammering fringe nutcases like him and the others who infest that site?

Robinson is just engaging in his fantasies again. He thinks he's bigger in the big scheme (edit) than he actually is. Which is to say, 'not at all'. Big fish/small pond syndrome. Or more accurately, King Poop on Turd Island. i often laugh to myself when I read his idiocy and think to myself how small he looks when seen by people above him he mistakenly considers his equals.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 11:38:27 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 11:36:48 pm »

If you can name one solitary reason you believe and show how supporting those that empower problems leads to a positive outcome, I am willing to listen.

I would remind you that it is that exact mindset that put Bhoner, Mitch, Ryan and every Republican leftist into power and destroyed the Republican party and the conservative movement as a whole.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 12:07:19 am »
For you folks that were directed to this nasty bunch http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3472339/posts?q=1&;page=271 just wanted to take the opportunity to welcome you. Check out the various topics here, you will no doubt find many old friends here. Welcome :beer:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2016, 12:15:39 am »

I'd be disappointed but I would still support him.

Trump however can take a flying leap and kiss my ass on the way down.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2016, 12:16:22 am »

Nope, I would too. In fact I will keep sending him money as I do now.

If Ted does endorse trump. I suspect it is because trump has been properly trained. Like training a puppy not to crap the floor, Ted is being firm but adult.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline beandog

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2016, 12:54:15 am »
I have been sad to discover that Jim is a first class hypocrite and fraud.    He has taken part in the total trashing and bullying of Cruz right along with the rest of is TrumpTrash brigade.  For him to try and put on a halo and coax Cruz into submission with "I'm above that" sort of phony presentation is just ridiculous.
I totally agree. 

Online libertybele

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2016, 01:17:48 am »
If you can name one solitary reason you believe and show how supporting those that empower problems leads to a positive outcome, I am willing to listen.

I would remind you that it is that exact mindset that put Bhoner, Mitch, Ryan and every Republican leftist into power and destroyed the Republican party and the conservative movement as a whole.

First of all Cruz hasn't endorsed Trump.  I can't speak on the mindset of Boehner, McConnel or Ryan as I haven't researched them or followed their careers.  One thing about Cruz he does have a consistent proven conservative track record and a record of doing what he says.  I would be very surprised if he does endorse Trump and I feel IF he did do so, he would do it after some long and very serious thought and he would have to believe it would be best for country.  From what I have seen from Cruz he puts his faith in God first, then his wife and family and then country.  He is human.  He is not without fault nor is he infallible.  It took tremendous courage to stand before a crowd and give the speech that he did at the Convention. He put his career on the line for stating what he felt was best for country, not best for Ted Cruz. Cruz has hardly destroyed the conservative movement; quite the opposite. 

https://www.tedcruz.org/l/senator/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2016, 01:19:34 am »
Oh man this place will be on suicide watch if Cruz does this. For the record, I don't see him doing this.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2016, 01:21:26 am »
First of all Cruz hasn't endorsed Trump.  I can't speak on the mindset of Boehner, McConnel or Ryan as I haven't researched them or followed their careers.  One thing about Cruz he does have a consistent proven conservative track record and a record of doing what he says.  I would be very surprised if he does endorse Trump and I feel IF he did do so, he would do it after some long and very serious thought and he would have to believe it would be best for country.  From what I have seen from Cruz he puts his faith in God first, then his wife and family and then country.  He is human.  He is not without fault nor is he infallible.  It took tremendous courage to stand before a crowd and give the speech that he did at the Convention. He put his career on the line for stating what he felt was best for country, not best for Ted Cruz. Cruz has hardly destroyed the conservative movement; quite the opposite. 

https://www.tedcruz.org/l/senator/

No Cruz hasn't. But that has nothing to do with my statement.

If he endorses trump, then his courageous statement was meaningless.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2016, 01:21:27 am »
I have been sad to discover that Jim is a first class hypocrite and fraud.    He has taken part in the total trashing and bullying of Cruz right along with the rest of is TrumpTrash brigade.  For him to try and put on a halo and coax Cruz into submission with "I'm above that" sort of phony presentation is just ridiculous.

JR is a coward as well. How else do you explain threatening to ban people for posting links to his own words calling Trump a "Lying liberal scumbag"?