Author Topic: Trump clarifies himself: Backs controversial 'stop-and-frisk' only for Chicago  (Read 2690 times)

Offline Vulcan

Donald Trump, under fire for saying controversial "stop-and-frisk" police practices should be expanded nationwide, defended himself Thursday by insisting he only meant Chicago.

"Chicago is out of control and I was really referring to Chicago with stop-and-frisk," the Republican presidential nominee told Fox & Friends. "They asked me about Chicago and I was talking about stop-and-frisk for Chicago."

The night before, in an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity, someone in town hall audience asked Trump what he would do about "violence in the black community."  He proposed expanding the practice of officers stopping and questioning people, even searching them if the officers consider them suspicious.

The tactic has been condemned as racial profiling.  In New York City, a federal judge found that its use was unconstitutional because of its overwhelming impact on minority residents.

more here

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 05:44:40 pm by Vulcan »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline corbe

If only this 'NEW' policy could prevent the further hatching of future Hillary and obummers, this would be brilliant.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

geronl

The President doesn't rule Chicago.

Offline Victoria33

Donald Trump, under fire for saying controversial "stop-and-frisk" police practices should be expanded nationwide, defended himself Thursday by insisting he only meant Chicago.  "Chicago is out of control and I was really referring to Chicago with stop-and-frisk," the Republican presidential nominee told Fox & Friends.

"They asked me about Chicago and I was talking about stop-and-frisk for Chicago."

"The night before, in an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity, someone in town hall audience asked Trump what he would do about "violence in the black community."  He proposed expanding the practice of officers stopping and questioning people, even searching them if the officers consider them suspicious."

As I have said, when he tells a lie he uses "Some people say", "They are saying".  This time, it is "THEY asked me about Chicago."  The question was from ONE person who asked what he would do about violence in the black community."  The person did not say "Chicago" and it wasn't THEY who asked. 

Not one word of Trump's can be believed as truth.  He is an idiot, makes no sense in his speech when he is not reading off a teleprompter.  Idiot President Trump. 

Webster:  Simple Definition of idiot - a very stupid or foolish person.

Offline corbe

"What I really meant is that I would appoint Conservative Justices to run the New York Knicks backcourt".
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
So living in Chicago is now probable cause to have committed a crime?

Just in case anyone forgot:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

geronl

Young black males are the most violent-criminal part of society, by far, and more than 80 or 90% of them will never actually commit such a crime. Trying to treat whole segments of a population as if they were already suspected criminals is not a good idea.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
So now Trump's 'Law-By-Decree' will not apply equally across the land - but selectively at those peoples and areas he chooses to empower the state to crack down on.

And the Trump militant wonder why we have so many comparisons between Trump and 1922 Italy or 1938 Germany.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

"They asked me about Chicago and I was talking about stop-and-frisk for Chicago."

"The night before, in an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity, someone in town hall audience asked Trump what he would do about "violence in the black community."  He proposed expanding the practice of officers stopping and questioning people, even searching them if the officers consider them suspicious."

As I have said, when he tells a lie he uses "Some people say", "They are saying".  This time, it is "THEY asked me about Chicago."  The question was from ONE person who asked what he would do about violence in the black community."  The person did not say "Chicago" and it wasn't THEY who asked. 

Not one word of Trump's can be believed as truth.  He is an idiot, makes no sense in his speech when he is not reading off a teleprompter.  Idiot President Trump. 

@Victoria33

"They will stop, they will frisk, and they will take the gun away."

He's a lunatic.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/09/22/trump-stop-frisk-great-way-cops-seize-guns/

geronl

This is not a clarification, it is completely different than the original statement and the reasoning used here is a lie.

Offline Norm Lenhart

This sounds exactly like "If you live in the city, you don't need an AR15 (or a handgun)." and that is 100% a Liberal tactic they have often used in several cities to restrict gun ownership.

But pay no mind folks. Just because a man advocates one unconstitutional destruction of rights does not remotely mean he would EVER expand that mindset ANYWHERE else. No. Never!

Offline sinkspur

Nothing Trump says means anything.   He is completely unmoored from the reality you and I live in.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Some days I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump were asked “What does the Constitution mean to you?” that he might answer:

“The Little Dipper, The More Bigly Dipper, The Yuge Dipper and all the other zoological signs and constitutions.  And American has the best of those, the very best, that we named, we did that, not China! And we can’t let China beat us anymore on that, take control of any of the Dippers. And I’m going to make them great again. The best!! Believe me. And we’ve got do more for the Women, all the Women and by the way, believe me I love Women, and we need to take care of them, need better health care and child care, and eye care like Ivanka tells me (and speaking of superstars, stars, isn’t she stunning? Wow she’s hot) and the Blacks and Ben Carson and Don King who say nice things about me, great American Blacks and the Blacks and the Hispanics, they love me, trust me on that. They do.  And the Vets too, I’m going to do so much for the Vets so they can see the constitutions too, and we need to take care of the Vets who Crooked Hillary has blinded, blinded just like, and what is up with her weird eyes? Yes folks, I don’t know, but you know, I just don’t know but people tell me, some people say she has cataracts and wears contacts or special glasses probably made in CHINA and paid for by the Clinton Foundation and she can’t see very well, and I have perfect, better than 20/20 vision, the best vision of any President in history, and she probably has leprosy also, so some people say and that’s in the National Enquirer folks, a much better paper than the lying Washington Post, and they say terrible things about me BTW and the failing NYT and I’m going to sue them and make Amazon pay their taxes, believe me.  And all the inner city Blacks who don’t have windows in their houses and can’t look outside at night because of the illegal Mexicans taking their jobs and the Wall will fix this (WALL! WALL! WALL!), and they can’t go out at night because if they looked up at the constitutions they will get shot. Terrible. So sad. I’m going to fix all that. Only I can fix. It’s just terrible and we need to fix that folks.”

:tongue2:

OK. That’s a stretch (yes - it is satire) but it would make as much sense as do a lot of his word salads.

And I don’t know which position of his; yesterdays or today’s is worse – the Federalization of the local police and of policing policies in all jurisdictions or just in selected ones.

:thud:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Vulcan

Offline Norm Lenhart

OK. That’s a stretch (yes - it is satire) but it would make as much sense as do a lot of his word salads.

No it's not. Not even close to a stretch.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline ABX

A question I wish someone would ask in one of the town halls--

Would he expect Ivanka or Tiffany to be exempted from being stopped and frisked if they were walking in Downtown Chicago?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Yes and more proof that he answers without any real information to back up his claims.  Trying to get out of what he said by mentioning Chicago only made it worse.  Because he hasn't done his homework on violent crime.  If he thinks he is going to gain support from African Americans by saying he is going to racially profile African Americans in Chicago he is crazy.  If your going to stop and frisk you surely are not going to single out a race.  Try living in LA Mr. Trump or even Washington D.C.

And if you are in New York beware.  Donald Trump just might shoot someone to see if people would still follow him.

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/most-dangerous-cities-in-the-united-states.html
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Suppressed

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The legal standard for stop and frisk isn't probable cause...it's reasonable suspicion.  See Terry v. Ohio.

Disclaimer:IANAL.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

Some days I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump were asked “What does the Constitution mean to you?” that he might answer:

:thud:

It sounds like him, except it has too many words.

HonestJohn

When you understand that, to Trump and his supporters, those referred to in this plan aren't really considered Americans...

...then this plan is possible.

The amount of demonization found at his rallies, with the constant refrain of the good, wholesome, *AMERICAN* "us" versus the evil, crime-ridden, *UN-AMERICAN* "them" is extremely telling.

Offline ABX

I was just told by a tolerant Trump supporter on Facebook that he would 'pepper me with bullets' for opposing this. LOL. More chairborne rangers.

Offline Norm Lenhart

When you understand that, to Trump and his supporters, those referred to in this plan aren't really considered Americans...

...then this plan is possible.

The amount of demonization found at his rallies, with the constant refrain of the good, wholesome, *AMERICAN* "us" versus the evil, crime-ridden, *UN-AMERICAN* "them" is extremely telling.

Projection on his part. The actions of Trump and his supporters is easily shown as UnAmerican by any accepted metric. Liberals always accuse others of what they themselves are doing.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Young black males are the most violent-criminal part of society, by far, and more than 80 or 90% of them will never actually commit such a crime. Trying to treat whole segments of a population as if they were already suspected criminals is not a good idea.

I don't know Chicago's most wanted says Hispanics by far.

He just said that he is going to racially profile African Americans in Chicago.  But if you go to Chicago top 10 most wanted 8 out of 10 are Hispanic.  One African American and one white woman who has been captured.

http://www.chicagocrimecommission.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=783436&module_id=142954

More Chicago fugitives

https://www.dea.gov/fugitives/chi/chi_div_list.shtml

Mexico Nabs Man on FBI's 10 Most Wanted for Chicago Killing

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/mexico-nabs-man-fbis-10-wanted-chicago-killing-42295595
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 03:08:36 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.