Author Topic: Both a defeat for free speech and a win for gun-control advocates  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Both a defeat for free speech and a win for gun-control advocates
By Noah Feldman Bloomberg View
Published Sept. 22, 2016
Read more at http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0916/feldman092216.php3#O5XjfjPlpzxv7txi.99

Can the government block the online publication of files that let anyone make an assault rifle on a 3-D printer? In a defeat for free speech and a win for gun-control advocates, an appeals court has said yes. The court declined to suspend a State Department regulation that treats posting the files as a foreign export of munitions. Although the impulse to block the easy creation of untraceable weapons is admirable, the court got it wrong. The First Amendment can't tolerate a prohibition on publishing unclassified information -- even if the information is potentially harmful....
Read more at http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0916/feldman092216.php3#O5XjfjPlpzxv7txi.99
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

geronl

Re: Both a defeat for free speech and a win for gun-control advocates
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 06:04:36 pm »
A law-abiding American should be able to make their own weapons.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 06:08:31 pm »

@geronl

Yes,but our "friends" in the Republicrat Party neatly solve that problem by declaring it is illegal,thereby making anyone to makes their own weapons a criminal.

You can always take one away from a policeman/Policewoman/Policemultiple choice if you want one,though.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 06:23:49 pm »

I can make my own weapon without this file.  The file would make it much easier though.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 06:37:36 pm »
Well great, let's get rid of all 'harmful' speech and make the country one giant safe space. Great door to a slippery slope they've opened here.
The Republic is lost.