Author Topic: 6 Reasons Why Ted Cruz Should Not Endorse Donald Trump (Theresurgent)  (Read 608 times)

Online corbe

By Josh Hammer  |  September 22, 2016, 01:30am  |  @josh_hammer

For the first time since I was standing in the crowd inside Indianapolis’s historic Union Station on the Cruz campaign’s fateful night of May 3rd, I had the chance to see Ted Cruz last weekend.  I was in Austin for the Federalist Society’s second annual Texas statewide lawyers conference, and Cruz—whose national star first began to truly shine in Austin, when he helped transform the Texas Solicitor General’s office into the conservative litigation behemoth it is today and also lectured part-time at the University of Texas School of Law—delivered the Saturday morning keynote address.

More here:

http://theresurgent.com/ted-cruz-should-not-endorse-donald-trump/
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 05:43:15 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: 6 Reasons Why Ted Cruz Should Not Endorse Donald Trump (Theresurgent)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 05:49:47 pm »
   Synopsis for those that hate reading the rather long, very informative Article:

1. Any Attempt to Make This Look Principled Will Fail

2. There Is No Walking Back From Cleveland

3. Cruz’s Most Ardent Supporters Will Be Disappointed and/or Horrified

4. It Will Not Help Cruz in His 2018 Senate Reelection Campaign

5. The Resistance Needs Ted Cruz, and Ted Cruz Has a Unique Role in the Resistance

6. There Is a Better Course to Steer
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 05:50:58 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 05:55:21 pm »
I agree.  There is no upside for Ted Cruz or any of us in his endorsing Trump.  It's okay if he admires a stance that Trump takes ... as long as he realizes that the stance has a shelf-life of 24 hours.

It's okay if he thinks Hillary is worse.  She may be.  We know she's horrible.  What we don't know is what Trump would do.

What's not okay is an actual endorsement.  Don't go there, Ted.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 06:13:20 pm »
I wouldn't have a problem if Ted were to say he's voting for Trump, without a full throated endorsement, i.e. sticking to "vote your conscience."

It won't affect my vote.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.