Author Topic: White House Watch: Trump 44%, Clinton 39%, Johnson 8%, Stein 2%  (Read 467 times)

Offline unknown

White House Watch: Trump 44%, Clinton 39%, Johnson 8%, Stein 2%
« on: September 22, 2016, 04:14:38 pm »

White House Watch: Trump 44%, Clinton 39%, Johnson 8%, Stein 2%

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/white_house_watch_sep22

With the first presidential debate coming on Monday, Donald Trump has moved to a five-point lead over Hillary Clinton, his biggest advantage since mid-July.

The latest Rasmussen Reports weekly White House Watch telephone and online survey finds Trump with 44% support among Likely U.S. Voters to Clinton’s 39%. Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson earns eight percent (8%) of the vote, while Green Party nominee Jill Stein holds steady at two percent (2%). Three percent (3%) like some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are still undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Last week, the Republican nominee edged ahead of his Democratic rival 42% to 40% after trailing her by four points the week before. Trump’s total this week ties his highest ever level of support from two months ago.

Trump (76%) and Clinton (75%) earn comparable support from voters in their own party. Fourteen percent (14%) of Democrats prefer Trump, while 10% of Republicans join former President George H.W. Bush in supporting Clinton.  But Trump has a commanding 45% to 27% lead this week among voters not affiliated with either major political party.

Johnson picks up 16% of unaffiliateds, along with five percent (5%) of GOP voters and three percent (3%) of Democrats. Stein is stuck in low single digits among all three groups.

The survey of 1,000 Likely Voters was conducted on September 20-21, 2016 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: White House Watch: Trump 44%, Clinton 39%, Johnson 8%, Stein 2%
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 04:15:54 pm »
This poll may be an outlier, could be an early trend. However I feel that the increased sense of chaos and lawlessness will boost Trump candidacy.

Offline unknown

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 06:02:43 pm »
This poll may be an outlier, could be an early trend. However I feel that the increased sense of chaos and lawlessness will boost Trump candidacy.

yep, agree...

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 06:07:02 pm »
I feel like the "lawlessness" should help Trump,

Rush was pushing an idea that the "we blacks are being persecuted" movement is political activism by the Dems. I did not listen closely.

But I maintain, these events as in Charlotte are probably helping Trump more.

Mainly because it is another instance predicated on a lie.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 06:21:19 pm »
Trump (76%) and Clinton (75%) earn comparable support from voters in their own party.

No other poll shows voter support that low, for either candidate. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.