Author Topic: Wash, Reince, and Repeat After Me: Take This Party and Shove It  (Read 14763 times)

Silver Pines

Wash, Reince, and Repeat After Me: Take This Party and Shove It
« on: September 22, 2016, 02:19:05 pm »
Wash, Reince, and Repeat After Me: Take This Party And Shove It

by Steve Deace
09/21/2016

There are countless reasons why the Republican Party deserves to die after Election 2016. Perhaps none of them is better than this: any group led by a man such as Reince Priebus is systemically flawed and clearly unworthy of your respect.

For it’s one thing to be bullied by a man or woman of some actual gravitas. All of us can understand being sucked into such a vortex and finding it hard to get out. But it’s another matter entirely to stay around and let Priebus pretend to be Lex Luthor when he was born to be Otis.

Why do we tolerate such abject nonsense? This guy is the twerp you gave a swirly to after recess. Not because you were picking on him, but because he ran his mouth and wrote checks his puny arms couldn’t cash so he deserved it. He can barely master his own fate, and is the political equivalent of a crack addict who can’t pull himself away from ever more degrading and debased ways of prostituting himself.

Read more at:

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/09/wash-reince-and-repeat-after-me-take-this-party-and-shove-it

Offline chae

Re: Wash, Reince, and Repeat After Me: Take This Party and Shove It
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 02:27:36 pm »
He has a weak and characterless chin...weak and characterless also describes him as a human being as well.

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 02:42:37 pm »
He has a weak and characterless chin...weak and characterless also describes him as a human being as well.

I can't argue with a word of that.  Priebus has one of those faces that even women want to punch.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 02:44:51 pm »
It was okay to support the Bushes, Dole, McCain and Romney but now, abandon the party, we get it.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 02:52:03 pm »
Love Deace. Good read.

I've never been a fan of people who morph into who or what they need to be at the moment. Priebus takes his cues from the new orange GOP savior who insists he can be presidential when it's time to be. Sorry. That doesn't engender confidence for me. I like to know how strong the foundation is before I start to build. If it's built on weak and shifting sand, no dang thanks. I'm gone.

NeverTrump
SoLongGOP

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 02:56:37 pm »
It was okay to support the Bushes, Dole, McCain and Romney but now, abandon the party, we get it.

No, you don't. You truly don't. You don't even want to, so I won't spend an iota of energy trying to help you understand.

Why don't see if you can find a Trollers Anonymous group? Maybe they can help you overcome your dysfunction.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 02:56:38 pm »

Trump.  Your Monkey. 
No Neck Reince.  Circus Ring Master.

You are gonna need a big shovel to clean up after the party's over.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 04:29:49 pm »
Haha, I remember when FR and the Trumpsters hated Reince. Now he's persona non grata amongst the nevertrumps.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 04:45:31 pm »
I'm done with the GOP.  They are proven to be an enemy of everything I believe in and hold as sacred and abandoned any pretense of standing for our foundational principles or the Constitution.

They are dead to me, and their party should go the way of the Whigs.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline jpsb

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 05:12:26 pm »
I'm done with the GOP.  They are proven to be an enemy of everything I believe in and hold as sacred and abandoned any pretense of standing for our foundational principles or the Constitution.

They are dead to me, and their party should go the way of the Whigs.

The GOP versus the Democrats was all for show. The real battle is the elites and those dependent on the elite versus the rest of us.  Heading up the elite ticket is Hillary Clinotn, leading the rest of us is Donald Trump. Now some people are refusing to join the battle to save the country from the globalist, Marxist elites by vote LP or CP or some other irrelevant inconsequential third party.  It is either Hillary or Trump, life is hard and sometimes you have to make hard choices.

Silver Pines

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 05:20:09 pm »
The GOP versus the Democrats was all for show. The real battle is the elites and those dependent on the elite versus the rest of us.  Heading up the elite ticket is Hillary Clinotn, leading the rest of us is Donald Trump. Now some people are refusing to join the battle to save the country from the globalist, Marxist elites by vote LP or CP or some other irrelevant inconsequential third party.  It is either Hillary or Trump, life is hard and sometimes you have to make hard choices.

@jpsb

I made my choice a long time ago, and it was easy.  I refuse to vote for either of those statist dumpster fires.

I swear I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I hear people say that Trump isn't an "elite" or a "globalist."  Three short years ago he was calling for a world without borders and a completely global society.

geronl

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 05:21:46 pm »

You are fooling yourself if you think Trump and Hillary are on different teams. Trump doesn't represent anything good.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 09:20:20 pm »

Actually, no. I never accepted Dole, McCain, or Romney as anyone likely to lift even one finger
toward beginning the erosion of big government. And watching George W. Bush and his Republican
Congress---you know, the one he absolutely had to have to put his (wait for it!) conservative
agenda across in earnest---metastasise big government even further, often enough flouting the
Constitution in ways that would have made any Democrat envious, told me the Republican
Party was unworthy of support long before Donaldus Minimus was a blip on any Republican
presidential radar.

I didn't walk away from the Libertarian Party (I did so during Harry Browne's second presidential bid,
when the party appeared to be in thrall to people including Browne who preferred to run it like
Chicago Democrats, and against the known party rules, when they weren't in thrall to the most out-there
among kook candidates, an absolute travesty upon libertarian political philosophy) just to be stuck with
a Republican Party bent on metastasising big government. (The Libertarian Party hasn't picked a pair
of kooks for the top of its ticket this time, but there's no great thrill in its having chosen a pair of
the next best things to vintage Rockefeller Republicans, either . . . )

Which leaves me a kind of unaffiliated political orphan. So be it. "None of These Candidates" just looks
better and better the deeper the current campaign goes.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 09:28:29 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2016, 09:24:17 pm »
I can't argue with a word of that.  Priebus has one of those faces that even women want to punch.

:silly: :silly: :silly:

As a woman with a pugnacious instinct (I used to beat up boys on a regular basis in elementary school), I find this statement to be extremely accurate!

@CatherineofAragon

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 09:25:57 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline thackney

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2016, 09:30:50 pm »

Demonstrating that supporting those that support a bigger federal government, only sends us farth down the wrong path.

When you are trying to go east, getting on a bus headed west is not a good choice, even if it is going west at a slower pace than some other buses.  It is still going the wrong way.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

geronl

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 09:37:49 pm »
Demonstrating that supporting those that support a bigger federal government, only sends us farth down the wrong path.

When you are trying to go east, getting on a bus headed west is not a good choice, even if it is going west at a slower pace than some other buses.  It is still going the wrong way.

:thumbsup:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 11:05:50 pm »
Heading up the elite ticket is Hillary Clinotn, leading the rest of us is Donald Trump.

That you would think a lifelong liberal Democrat billionaire supporter of Hillary Clinton, Chuck Schumer and Bill DeBlasio is not part of the Elitist Cabal and is somehow 'leading the rest of us' is beyond delusional.

It is either Hillary or Trump, life is hard and sometimes you have to make hard choices.

Choosing one of two NY liberal Democrats that mobs of the majority in the country want for monarch is not hard.

Choosing an actual Conservative because they represent your principles that everyone else no longer gives a shiite about, is where the rubber meets the road.

Choosing a liberal simply because he is not the 'other guy' whom is deemed to be worse is not hard, but gutless IMO.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 11:19:33 pm »
:silly: :silly: :silly:

As a woman with a pugnacious instinct (I used to beat up boys on a regular basis in elementary school), I find this statement to be extremely accurate!

@CatherineofAragon

LOL, @musiclady!

888high58888

Offline DB

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 11:25:57 pm »

At some point voting for the lesser evil is simply voting for evil. Evil will win the day either way. That point has been reached. I'm not voting for evil and therefore what follows will not have been given its authority by my vote.

geronl

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2016, 11:27:36 pm »
Do not vote for Lucifer, he is too evil, so remember to vote for Molech instead!

:whistle:

Offline DB

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2016, 11:30:28 pm »

Actually Tom, I didn't support any of them. I voted for the lesser evil and all that. That clearly didn't work. Repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is bordering on insanity. I'm going to do something different and not vote for evil and if evil wins the day it at least won't be by my vote/authority.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2016, 11:33:05 pm »
LOL, @musiclady!

888high58888

Back atcha!  It was one of those lines that actually DID make me laugh out loud.

888high58888
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2016, 02:20:53 am »

@TomSea

Thanks for reminding us all of that despite what they want you to believe,the people supporting Donald Little Hands are NOT principled conservatives . For the most part,they are gutless globalists that would have been as excited about voting if JEB were the candidate as a Priest at a Cub Scout meeting. They should get neither support nor sympathy from us.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2016, 11:20:34 am »
I have supported Republican Presidential candidates with dwindling enthusiasm as they have become more liberal, and done so with growing aggravation at the smug air of entitlement to our votes and the sanctimonious contempt of the GOP for Conservative voters they have perceived as having no place else to go.
Enough is enough. I'm done with that.
I will spend the rest of my days, if need be, helping build a new home for myself and others like me who have left the Republican Plantation.
In principles, I am where I have ever been.
I didn't abandon the Republican Party, it left me.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 11:21:51 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2016, 11:25:04 am »
Because we all know the New York Billionaire who rents politicians and decided to become one isn't one of those elites he hobnobs with, that's all just for show.

He's just a poor outsider who grew up splitting rails and living in a log cabin reading by fire light.

**nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis