Author Topic: Clinton makes an unusual push: To win over disabled people and their families  (Read 523 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/clinton-makes-an-unusual-push-to-win-over-disabled-people-and-their-families/2016/09/21/41f15962-8012-11e6-8d0c-fb6c00c90481_story.html

By John Wagner and Abby Phillip September 21 at 7:19 PM

ORLANDO — Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton is pushing intensively to win over a group of voters who don’t typically get much attention during elections but who have become an increasingly potent political force: disabled people and their families.

With the race tighter than it was a month ago and Clinton struggling to generate enthusiasm within the Democratic base, her appeal to the disabled and their families comes amid a broader effort — after weeks mostly attacking Republican Donald Trump — to win over voters with specific policy prescriptions, show a more compassionate side and present an affirmative vision for the country.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Norm Lenhart

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/clinton-makes-an-unusual-push-to-win-over-disabled-people-and-their-families/2016/09/21/41f15962-8012-11e6-8d0c-fb6c00c90481_story.html

By John Wagner and Abby Phillip September 21 at 7:19 PM

ORLANDO — Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton is pushing intensively to win over a group of voters who don’t typically get much attention during elections but who have become an increasingly potent political force: disabled people and their families.

With the race tighter than it was a month ago and Clinton struggling to generate enthusiasm within the Democratic base, her appeal to the disabled and their families comes amid a broader effort — after weeks mostly attacking Republican Donald Trump — to win over voters with specific policy prescriptions, show a more compassionate side and present an affirmative vision for the country.

continued

I'm a 'Disabled People". Hillary's Romney...sorry, I meant Obamacare, nearly and very literally resulted in my death not 2 years ago when her boss's "new rules" landed me in an ICU with a crash cart at my bedside and family traveling to see me one last time, assuming I was alive by the time they arrived. Fortunately I made it.

I don't need her 'prescription', thanks.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 01:00:21 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Suppressed

Because of the constant struggle many disabled people have to maintain autonomy and control in their lives, individual rights is a big issue in "the community".  This is a very bad election for that.  I know one woman with cerebral palsy who will be living in Toronto by Inauguration Day if Trump wins...she's so scared, she's already made contingency plans and laid the groundwork!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Norm Lenhart

Because of the constant struggle many disabled people have to maintain autonomy and control in their lives, individual rights is a big issue in "the community".  This is a very bad election for that.  I know one woman with cerebral palsy who will be living in Toronto by Inauguration Day if Trump wins...she's so scared, she's already made contingency plans and laid the groundwork!

I don't blame her. You should see the crap we have to deal with from Barry's insurance companies telling us that 'rules require' that they provide this that and the other thing. And they get very threatening when you refuse their largesse. Like regular visits to 'inspect your home'. The calls usually come from overseas Indian call centers that are in fact genuinely hired by the company (I checked). You have to not so politely inform them that you WILL NOT do what they 'Require" on a regular basis.

It's the first time in my life I ever bought an answering machine for home use and began screening calls. I can just imagine what Donnie will come up with since he was so adamant about 'improving' that level of care.