Author Topic: Texas threatens to 'exit' the federal refugee program over terrorist concerns  (Read 255 times)

Offline unknown

Texas threatens to 'exit' the federal refugee program over terrorist concerns

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/article/Texas-threatens-to-exit-the-federal-refugee-9236722.php

Kevin Diaz
September 21, 2016

Texas, which has taken in more refugees than any state in the nation over the past year, is threatening to leave the federal refugee program if the Obama administration does not meet its security demands.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Texas would join Kansas and New Jersey in withdrawing state participation in the refugee program over the federal government's vetting procedures to screen out potential terrorists.

Interesting. I hadn't realized that there were other states that have already done this.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)