Author Topic: Evan McMullin Turns Racist Voicemail From Trump Supporter Into Campaign Ad  (Read 2064 times)

Offline sinkspur

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/evan-mcmullin-turns-racist-voicemail-from-trump-suppporter-i?utm_term=.opQpdR1wa#.dgLQZv2Wm

Evan McMullin Turns Racist Voicemail From Trump Supporter Into Campaign Ad

An angry Trump supporter left a message for McMullin’s Indian-American spokeswoman calling her a “frothing, libtard piece of shit Islamic dog,” among other things.

posted on Sept. 21, 2016, at 9:59 a.m.

McKay Coppins

Evan McMullin’s presidential campaign has taken a racist tirade recently left in a staffer’s voicemail inbox and turned it into a political ad highlighting the dangers of “Donald Trump’s America.”

The ad, which will air online in select markets, features a recording of a personal cell phone message campaign spokeswoman Rina Shah received after appearing on Fox News last Friday.

“You frothing, libtard piece of shit Islamic dog,” the caller, identified only as “Alan,” is heard saying in the ad, while a transcript of his rant runs along the bottom of the screen.

“Vote for the pathological lying criminal you bleep piece of shit … and get out of our country … while you’re at it, got back and get bleep by your dirtbag Islamic terror scum friends. Slut.”

The campaign’s ad concludes with a warning: “Alan is a preview of Donald Trump’s America. We can do better.”

As the ad notes, Shah was born in West Virginia. She is also not a Muslim. But in an interview with BuzzFeed News, she said Alan’s voicemail was just a small sample of the abuse she has endured from Trump supporters since she publicized her opposition to Trump and then joined McMullin’s campaign.

“I could send you, I’m not kidding, hundreds of email I’ve received,” she said. “You know, ‘You’re a Muslim,’ ‘You’re a C-U-N-T’ — I get a lot of, ‘Go back to your country.’”
Shah, who is Indian-American, gave birth to her first child last year, and said she’s grown increasingly worried about how her young family would be affected by a Trump presidency.

“I never cry,” she said. “It’s like my rule. I’ve never been a cryer. But I think it’s really hit me this past week. … It’s just hard to imagine a scenario where it would be good for us if he were to win. And when I say ‘us,’ I mean women, young people, people of color — because [Trump] seems to only look out for one type. If one of his supporters were to punch me in a rally, would he even blink an eye? I don’t think so.”

Reached by phone Tuesday evening, the man featured in the ad told BuzzFeed News his full name was Alan Pryce. He seemed at first not to remember leaving the voicemail on Shah’s phone, but after hearing a transcript of the message read aloud, he said, “Oh yeah, a few days ago? I stand by every word of it.”

Informed that Shah was born in in the U.S., Pryce replied, “Really? Well, she’s absolutely a first-gen whatever. Look, I didn’t do a biography on her.”

“Clearly, she’s an anti-American supporter of a pathological lying criminal,” Pryce continued. “Anyone who supports [Hillary Clinton], either actively or tacitly, is anti-American scum in my mind.”

He claimed he had been disabled by an undocumented immigrant, and said he was supporting Trump as a consequence (though he declined to provide personal details that would help verify his story).

Though he was strongly critical of McMullin, whom he called “the definition of the word ‘cuck,’” Pryce didn’t mind being featured in his campaign’s ad. “Honestly, he said, “I think it’s hysterical.”
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Evan McMullin Turns Racist Voicemail From Trump Supporter Into Campaign Ad
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 04:18:35 pm »
Anyone can do this; especially Democrats. Who really cares about McMullin?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 04:23:40 pm »
My sister's Chaldean boss says that she'll be voting other than Republican for the first time in her life due to the candidates encouragement of racism.

Offline beandog

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 04:27:54 pm »
Anyone can do this, it's just that you tRump supporters excel at it.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 04:32:33 pm »
“Alan is a preview of Donald Trump’s America. We can do better.”

Bravo for Evan McMullin - we CAN do better than to support the rise of AmeriFascism.

I donated to McMullin's campaign a few weeks ago.   He's a protest vote, to be sure, but he speaks the God-honest truth.   

To hell with Trump and his filthy supporters.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 06:25:07 pm »

Trump Supporter or a democrat-no difference between the TWO, your both supporting a NY Liberal.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 06:27:08 pm »
Anyone can do this, it's just that you tRump supporters excel at it.
Sounds familiar. JimRob rides again.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 05:00:20 am »
Bravo for Evan McMullin - we CAN do better than to support the rise of AmeriFascism.

I donated to McMullin's campaign a few weeks ago.   He's a protest vote, to be sure, but he speaks the God-honest truth.   

To hell with Trump and his filthy supporters.

I'm glad to see him getting onto ballots and write-in lists!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 05:11:55 am »

McMullin isn't the issue. The knuckle dragging racists and bigots you Donny boot licks refuse to denounce are the problem....unless you are one of them and find this voice message A O K.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 05:12:21 am by Frank Cannon »

HonestJohn

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 05:39:51 am »
Alan's a sick little "eff".
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 04:21:50 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 05:58:19 am »
There is a deep well of ironic comedy that will be lost if you ever figure out that McMullin is not an end but a means to an end.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 06:21:37 am »
[Trump] seems to only look out for one type. If one of his supporters were to punch me in a rally, would he even blink an eye? I don’t think so.”
Trump promised to pay their legal fees.  He's so cheap I doubt he would honor his promise...but that is what he says he will do, if his AMERICAN supporters beat up the decedents of foreigners.  Foreigners who will be deported after he fixes the 14th Amendment.  If he can't replace the 14th amendment an executive order calling for a night or two of broken glass should resolve some of the problem...admittedly it is not a final solution, but it takes time to build the ovens that will forge a Trumpian empire to last a thousand years.   

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 06:53:39 am »
Trump promised to pay their legal fees.  He's so cheap I doubt he would honor his promise...but that is what he says he will do, if his AMERICAN supporters beat up the decedents of foreigners.  Foreigners who will be deported after he fixes the 14th Amendment.  If he can't replace the 14th amendment an executive order calling for a night or two of broken glass should resolve some of the problem...admittedly it is not a final solution, but it takes time to build the ovens that will forge a Trumpian empire to last a thousand years.

That was a very artfully crafted post. Kudos.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2016, 02:45:56 pm »
My sister's Chaldean boss says that she'll be voting other than Republican for the first time in her life due to the candidates encouragement of racism.

Better not support Trump or your foreign born boss will fire you.

Welcome to 21st century America.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2016, 03:14:44 pm »
Who in the world knows who Evan McMullin's campaign manager in Timbuktu is? This has hoax written all over it.

And thanks for the anecdotal information, like the tweets threatening someone and the evidence is per some tweet by the infamous Jared Swift, keep 'em coming.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 03:27:08 pm »
So a Chaldean won't vote for the man who has said the most against ISIS?

File under "meetings speaking with Middle Eastern Christians" is speaking to a meeting full of anti-Semites.