Author Topic: Caddell: George H.W. Bush Endorsement of Hillary Clinton Is Establishment ‘Protection Racket’  (Read 2928 times)

rangerrebew

Caddell: George H.W. Bush Endorsement of Hillary Clinton Is Establishment ‘Protection Racket’

by Dan Riehl20 Sep 2016Washington, DC694

Long-time Democratic pollster Pat Caddell joined Breitbart News Daily SiriusXM host Alex Marlow on Tuesday to discuss recent polling, as well as news that former President George H.W. Bush may be voting for Democrat Hillary Clinton. “This is a protection racket here, and they have never been under greater threat,” said Caddell, referencing the candidacy of GOP nominee Donald Trump.

“It’s not surprising in a way,” he continued. “We misunderstand that this Trump thing is not so much an ideological contest, even a partisan contest. It’s really an insurgency against the political class by the people. That’s why both Bernie Sanders and Trump did so well” in their respective primaries.

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2016/09/20/caddell-ghw-bush-endorsement-hillary-clinton-establishment-protection-racket/
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 12:23:30 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline LMAO

I can understand someone from the Republican Party not endorsing or voting for Trump

But they have no business endorsing and voting for Hillary Clinton
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
“This is a protection racket here, and they have never been under greater threat,”

Exactly, Trump really upsets the status quo.

geronl

I can understand someone from the Republican Party not endorsing or voting for Trump

But they have no business endorsing and voting for Hillary Clinton

Trump is moving to the left of Hillary. I really think a 94-year old ex-President should be able to vote however they like

Offline sinkspur

“This is a protection racket here, and they have never been under greater threat,”

Exactly, Trump really upsets the status quo.

How?  He's a bigger spender than Obama.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

So, other than a Kennedy (as mentioned on the other thread), what is the source of this statement?  As I said elsewhere, I'd sooner trust a Kardashian than a Kennedy for voting tips.

Offline beandog

Caddell: George H.W. Bush Endorsement of Hillary Clinton Is Establishment ‘Protection Racket’

Long-time Democratic pollster Pat Caddell joined Breitbart News Daily SiriusXM host Alex Marlow on Tuesday to discuss recent polling, as well as news that former President George H.W. Bush may be voting for Democrat Hillary Clinton. “This is a protection racket here, and they have never been under greater threat,” said Caddell, referencing the candidacy of GOP nominee Donald Trump.

“It’s not surprising in a way,” he continued. “We misunderstand that this Trump thing is not so much an ideological contest, even a partisan contest. It’s really an insurgency against the political class by the people. That’s why both Bernie Sanders and Trump did so well” in their respective primaries.

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2016/09/20/caddell-ghw-bush-endorsement-hillary-clinton-establishment-protection-racket/

This is a stupid article, as most pro tRump articles are.  Bush did not "endorse" Clinton.  He may or may not have told a Kennedy that he was voting for Clinton.  First of all we don't know if that's true, it is a Kennedy after all.  Second, voting for someone is not the same as endorsing them.  There are a lot of people who are voting for tRump, including Mark Levin, who do not endorse him.

Finally, I don't blame Bush in the least for not voting for the Lying Donald.  tRump and his supporter's behavior during the primaries and even now, is unforgiveable.  I do have a huge problem with him voting for the Beast, if that is true.

Offline LMAO

How?  He's a bigger spender than Obama.

@sinkspur

Yeah but he's "our" big spender so it's all good :laugh:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline musiclady

This is a stupid article, as most pro tRump articles are.  Bush did not "endorse" Clinton.  He may or may not have told a Kennedy that he was voting for Clinton.  First of all we don't know if that's true, it is a Kennedy after all.  Second, voting for someone is not the same as endorsing them.  There are a lot of people who are voting for tRump, including Mark Levin, who do not endorse him.

Finally, I don't blame Bush in the least for not voting for the Lying Donald.  tRump and his supporter's behavior during the primaries and even now, is unforgiveable.  I do have a huge problem with him voting for the Beast, if that is true.

Good post.

I have a problem with his voting for Hillary too, but that "IF" is a huge canyon you could drive a space shuttle through.

There is absolutely no proof of who HW is voting for, and only the word of a disreputable source.

But it will get lots of mileage with the Trump brigade who need no facts to back up their arguments, and seem to thrive on lies anyway.  I mean, after all, they're in love with one of the biggest liars to hit the political scene in our lifetimes.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

So, other than a Kennedy (as mentioned on the other thread), what is the source of this statement?  As I said elsewhere, I'd sooner trust a Kardashian than a Kennedy for voting tips.

You don't understand, Oceander........ if the Trump brigade can use it as propaganda, they don't need sources, or facts.

They just run with rumors and pretend it's gospel truth.

It's how they roll.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

HAPPY2BME

You don't understand, Oceander........

=========================

LoL

Offline musiclady

=========================

LoL

Interesting tagline, Happy.

So tell me......... WHY are you on TBR solely to be a missionary/zealot/passionate fan of the worst among the "liars, cheats, swindlers, and manipulators?"

Answer the question so that the rational among us might be able to understand the reason for your "trust" in such a despicable excuse for a human being....

Your tagline negates your entire reason d'etre, which is to promote lies, cheating, swindling and manipulating.

Fill us in on how a Trump mind works in your world of opposites.......

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Why are people so intent on believing this?  And because GHWB did not issue a stern tweet or a rabid denial, they are assuming that it's true.

I cannot believe the hatred by some on this site for the Bushes.  They were good, decent patriots who failed to do every single thing some people wanted.  So those people traded them in for H. Ross Perot and started the Clinton era.

The perfection complex here is perplexing.  Some people take more delight in Republicans who didn't quite meet the threshold than in actual enemies of America. 

So we have a choice between Hillary, Drumpf, and the Giant Meteor.

George 41 and I are voting Giant Meteor.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
George H.W. Bush ... who had some good experience serving his country.

George H.W. Bush was probably the most qualified in the modern era. Congressman, ambassador to the UN, China Envoy, Director of the CIA, Vice President, POTUS. It should come as no surprise that a man with such a unique understanding of how the world works, would refuse to vote for Donald Trump.

Before that, he was a pilot serving in our military.  He had actual experience... so now people are trashing this dude while supporting a lying, cheating, suing, sexual predator.  We've come a long way, baby.

Offline musiclady

You're an anti-semitic bigot.

I'm more convinced by the day that the motivation of the rabid supporters of Donald Trump is their bigotry.

And they don't even seem to be trying to hide it.  It's right out there for all to see.

We hate Jews.  We hate Mexicans.  We love Donald.

This is more than disturbing......

Offline sinkspur

Disturbing?  This is disturbing:

Jennifer Rubin
‏@JRubinBlogger
@JayCostTWS Trump wants to disregard a court ruling finding stop and frisk unconstitutional AND going to add a bunch of names to s ct list
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

George H.W. Bush was probably the most qualified in the modern era. Congressman, ambassador to the UN, China Envoy, Director of the CIA, Vice President, POTUS. It should come as no surprise that a man with such a unique understanding of how the world works, would refuse to vote for Donald Trump.

Before that, he was a pilot serving in our military.  He had actual experience... so now people are trashing this dude while supporting a lying, cheating, suing, sexual predator.  We've come a long way, baby.

It's a world where right is wrong and wrong is right.

My guess is that the hatred for Bush is also related to bigotry.  They use the thinly veiled racist term "Neo-Con" to attack Jews, and both Bushes supported Israel, and neither had a bigoted bone in their bodies.

I think this is a question of character, @Emjay , and rabid support of a lying, cheating degenerate like Trump doesn't reveal a whole lot of it.  The Bushes, on the other hand, have it.

Offline beandog

Good post.

I have a problem with his voting for Hillary too, but that "IF" is a huge canyon you could drive a space shuttle through.

There is absolutely no proof of who HW is voting for, and only the word of a disreputable source.

But it will get lots of mileage with the Trump brigade who need no facts to back up their arguments, and seem to thrive on lies anyway.  I mean, after all, they're in love with one of the biggest liars to hit the political scene in our lifetimes.
How much do you want to bet that the Donald didn't vote for either Bush? :pondering:

Offline musiclady

How much do you want to bet that the Donald didn't vote for either Bush? :pondering:

I'd guarantee it.

He's a Democrat. 

I'd bet my vast fortune that Trump voted for Bill Clinton........... except that I don't have one.  ^-^

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

My guess is that the hatred for Bush is also related to bigotry.  They use the thinly veiled racist term "Neo-Con" to attack Jews, and both Bushes supported Israel, and neither had a bigoted bone in their bodies.

I think this is a question of character, @Emjay , and rabid support of a lying, cheating degenerate like Trump doesn't reveal a whole lot of it.  The Bushes, on the other hand, have it.

Thanks for your post.  It's always great to realize that everybody is not crazy. !!

Offline corbe

This is certainly a quagmire, Do I trust a Kennedy or an ex Mondale speech writer?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

Thanks for your post.  It's always great to realize that everybody is not crazy. !!

Not a problem.  Trump zealots are crazy, but not most of the rest of us.

I suspect more people agree with us than have the courage to say.

It takes a certain je ne sais quoi to be willing to have your head bitten off by a rabid dog.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 09:22:57 pm by musiclady »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Emjay

The term Bush-Bot was created to describe people like you. You not only drink the Kool-Ade,you sound like a distributor and there can be no doubt that you are an enabler.

I bet you really miss the "look at how hot jr is in those tight pants while being a manly-man and cutting brush on the prop ranch!" threads on FR.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Disturbing?  This is disturbing:

Jennifer Rubin
‏@JRubinBlogger
@JayCostTWS Trump wants to disregard a court ruling finding stop and frisk unconstitutional AND going to add a bunch of names to s ct list

@sinkspur

What's a "s ct list"?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

My guess is that the hatred for Bush is also related to bigotry. <<

@musiclady

Oh,yeah! Play the bigotry card. MUCH easier than doing all that hard "thinking stuff",ain't it? That has been the modus operandi for the Dim and their fellow-traveler leftists since the 1950's,so it stands to reason that rabid Bush Crime Family supporters would go "there" as a reflex action.

>>I think this is a question of character, @Emjay , and rabid support of a lying, cheating degenerate like Trump doesn't reveal a whole lot of it.  The Bushes, on the other hand, have it.<<

Oh,the irony! I am guessing you were a JEB supporter during the primaries. Why not tell us all how many members of his immediate family don't have arrest AND conviction records?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 09:39:33 pm by sneakypete »