Author Topic: Even FOX Thinks Hannity Went Too Far Shilling For Trump This Time  (Read 2629 times)

Offline sinkspur

Even FOX Thinks Hannity Went Too Far Shilling For Trump This Time
« on: September 20, 2016, 11:33:55 pm »
http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/09/20/even-fox-thinks-hannity-went-far-shilling-trump-time/

Even FOX Thinks Hannity Went Too Far Shilling For Trump This Time

Posted at 6:11 pm on September 20, 2016 by Caleb Howe

Fox News deep thinker Sean Hannity finally went too far even by their standards in his tireless and embarrassing shilling for Donald Trump, and they had to put a stop to it.

Every night on Fox, Hannity runs an hour-long Trumpfomercial. He constantly holds "townhall" shows with Trump, not to mention the rest of the family, and routinely has him on for "interviews" where he challenges nothing Trump says and just prompts him for talking points.

Fox is fine with that.

Hannity also has a radio show each day dedicated to two topics: "Trump is Super Awesome" and "These People Who Don't Like Trump Are Therefore Scum and I Will Karate Them."

Fox is fine with that, too.

But even Fox News has finally decided that Hannity went too far when he recently appeared in a Trump ad to pitch Donald Trump for President. Seriously. He's in blue jeans and everything!

(Skip ahead to 5:58. Trust me, you do not want to have to sit through this.)

Fox says ixnay to that, reports the Washington Post's Erick Wemple.

Follow
 ErikWemple @ErikWemple
Fox News spox says nwk had "no knowledge" Hannity was doing Trump promo, and he won't be doing any more. https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2016/09/20/fox-newss-sean-hannity-stars-in-trump-promotion/?utm_term=.1beb369e3261
4:08 PM - 20 Sep 2016

So no more official commercials for Trump from Sean Hannity. He'll just have to stick with the unofficial commercials he runs on radio and TV all day every day.

Hi-yah!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Even FOX Thinks Hannity Went Too Far Shilling For Trump This Time
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 11:38:59 pm »
Trump and Limbaugh are destroying themselves with anybody other than the rabid Trumpkins.  They look like absolute fools in their defense of a Democrat.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 11:42:40 pm »
TexasTsunami ‏@TexasTsunami  19h19 hours ago
@seanhannity Don't let these fools talk down to you. The heart wants what it wants.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 11:43:25 pm »
One would have thought Sean's lip prints on Trumps ass and his personalised Mar A Lago BJ rug would have been a dead give-a-way. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 11:44:40 pm »
I think Hannity is trying to get fired.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 12:37:19 am »
Bowlegged little fellow, isn't he?

I actually respect Hannity more than Limbaugh.  Hannity has decided that Trump is the American savior, so he's going all in for him and doing everything he can to get him elected.  Limbaugh sat on the fence until it was too late for a conservative candidate, and then came out openly supporting Trump, but all the while trying to remain cool and above it all. Blech. 

Offline beandog

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 12:41:53 am »
Trump and Limbaugh are destroying themselves with anybody other than the rabid Trumpkins.  They look like absolute fools in their defense of a Democrat.

I can't even stand to here Hannity's voice.  He's a detestable little twit.  Nothing he does is surprising.  I'm more disappointed in Rush.  He has really turned into an arrogant jerk in his defense of the Donald.  Today he was pumping some stupid column by David Victor Hanson going after the so called "Never tRumpers".  Just another dumb column in a long line of dumb columns by so called "conservatives".  Fortunately, Levin, the only small voice of sanity, didn't let either Rush or Hanson get away with it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 12:47:03 am »
I can't even stand to here Hannity's voice.  He's a detestable little twit.  Nothing he does is surprising.  I'm more disappointed in Rush.  He has really turned into an arrogant jerk in his defense of the Donald.  Today he was pumping some stupid column by David Victor Hanson going after the so called "Never tRumpers".  Just another dumb column in a long line of dumb columns by so called "conservatives".  Fortunately, Levin, the only small voice of sanity, didn't let either Rush or Hanson get away with it.

Glenn Beck is sounding remarkably sane right now, too.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 12:48:48 am »

Offline beandog

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 12:50:14 am »
Glenn Beck is sounding remarkably sane right now, too.
If you want to here really crazy turn on Michael Savage.  He is 100% positive that it is because of him that the Donald won the nomination.  He believes that if tRump wins that he will be called up to help the Donald run the country.  He is insane.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 12:51:16 am »
I think Hannity is trying to get fired.

I never watch FNC.  But I do read about what goes on there.

Was Roger Ailes sexually harassing Hannity also?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 05:00:21 am by Vulcan »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 04:54:14 am »
If you want to here really crazy turn on Michael Savage.  He is 100% positive that it is because of him that the Donald won the nomination.  He believes that if tRump wins that he will be called up to help the Donald run the country.  He is insane.
Has anyone been to TOS lately? I wonder if they are in lalaland over the Orange Glorious too? (Not enough to go look, just enough to ask).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 05:00:28 am »

Was Roger Ailes was sexually harassing Hannity also?

He wasn't......that's why he is upset.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 12:37:17 pm »

Exactly!
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 12:39:33 pm »
Fox discovers water is wet.
Hannity is just like Chris Matthews.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline LMAO

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 12:43:52 pm »

Hannity is just like Chris Matthews.

@Restored

Exactly.
And how many years did Hannity mock Matthews and other Obama sycophants?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2016, 12:51:22 pm »
The typical Hannity show over the past year looks something like this.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2016, 01:20:21 pm »

That.

How do these lickspittles think all this is gonna play out for them? Even if Trump wins, I don't see them growing their audience as a result. To the contrary.

Offline CSM

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2016, 01:48:32 pm »
TexasTsunami ‏@TexasTsunami  19h19 hours ago
@seanhannity Don't let these fools talk down to you. The heart wants what it wants.

:bigsilly:

Offline CSM

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2016, 01:55:49 pm »

A couple of years ago (maybe 3 or so) a friend recommended that I check out Savage's show.  I listened to about 2 shows and couldn't take anymore.  It was pretty clear that he wasn't principled to the core, so his current approach isn't surprising in the least!

Same for Hannity, it just took me a bit longer to tire from his "conservatism." 

I would recommend the TBR nation tune into Mike Slater.  He is a local Conservative talk show host in San Diego.  You can get his podcasts for free from his station's app.  It is AM760 KFMB.  He does talk positively about Trump, but he isn't a "pom pom boy" and he has many other valuable segments in his show.  He does a biography interview segment each week with a random biographer of an "American that has made this country great."  He also talks to folks that do charity work from a Conservative perspective.  Etc..

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2016, 05:37:44 pm »
I remember when savage first became popular I listened to his show a few times. He seemed to be more interested in slamming other conservative talk show hosts, hawking his books, and talking about his mother than discussing pertinent topics

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2016, 06:22:16 pm »
I remember when savage first became popular I listened to his show a few times. He seemed to be more interested in slamming other conservative talk show hosts, hawking his books, and talking about his mother than discussing pertinent topics

He always left me wanting to slit my wrists with his endless raging negativity.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2016, 07:48:14 pm »
Funny how crazy Glenn Beck turned out to be the sane one.

He's in the 'last laughs' club and there is a small membership.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2016, 07:56:02 pm »
Funny how crazy Glenn Beck turned out to be the sane one.

He's in the 'last laughs' club and there is a small membership.
I noticed that, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2016, 05:59:52 pm »
He always left me wanting to slit my wrists with his endless raging negativity.
Of all the "conservative" talk show hosts, Savage is the only one I think might have mental problems. Mark Levin, who detests Savage, can get a little too loud at times. But he is actually mostly sane and reasonable.....and always on topic.