Author Topic: Trump shatters GOP records with small donors - Politico  (Read 1564 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump shatters GOP records with small donors - Politico
« on: September 20, 2016, 09:53:39 pm »
$100 Million from donors giving $200 or less, a record.  Also, may have done this over a much shorter period of time than his predecessors. Since June 21st.

Trump shatters GOP records with small donors

‘He’s the Republican Obama,’ one operative says as Trump monetizes his Republican supporters.

Donald Trump has unleashed an unprecedented deluge of small-dollar donations for the GOP, one that Republican Party elders have dreamed about finding for much of the past decade as they’ve watched a succession of Democrats — Barack Obama, Bernie Sanders and, to a lesser extent, Hillary Clinton — develop formidable fundraising operations $5, $10 and $20 at a time.

Trump has been actively soliciting cash for only a few months, but when he reveals his campaign’s financials later this week they will show he has crushed the total haul from small-dollar donors to the past two Republican nominees, John McCain and Mitt Romney — during the entirety of their campaigns.

All told, Trump is approaching, or may have already passed, $100 million from donors who have given $200 or less, according to an analysis of available Federal Election Commission filings, the campaign’s public statements and people familiar with his fundraising operation. It is a threshold no other Republican has ever achieved in a single campaign. And Trump has done so less than three months after signing his first email solicitation for donors on June 21 — a staggering speed to collect such a vast sum.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/trump-shatters-gop-records-with-small-donors-228338#ixzz4KprWUeI5

« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 09:55:45 pm by TomSea »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Re: Trump shatters GOP records with small donors - Politico
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 10:04:09 pm »
And yet I watched a college football game last Saturday on one of the ESPN online channels and there was a Hillary commercial every break.  Not one Trump commercial for the entire game...  :whistle:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 10:14:43 pm »

Why throw away good money? Even before next weeks debate, Hillary's already lost this thing.

--before you get all upset, that's just my opinion...

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 10:32:42 pm »
And yet I watched a college football game last Saturday on one of the ESPN online channels and there was a Hillary commercial every break.  Not one Trump commercial for the entire game...  :whistle:

Well, somebody has to pay his pilot....
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Fantom

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 11:07:42 pm »

Pretty stout... imagine the withdrawal spasms they are enduring to make those contributions.  :smokin:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 08:12:38 am »
Ever notice how at TBR any positive story about Trump is always met with crickets?

But, boy, you start a thread featuring Trump and an unconfirmed rumor or any slanderous innuendo or bizarre meme about green frogs or skittles, and Katy bar the door, it's a barn burner with hundreds and hundreds of posts.

Gee, I wonder why that is? Could it be Trump Derangement Syndrome? Politics? Or, good old fashioned irrational hate??

#NeverTrump #NeverRight #ButtHurtNation

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 11:01:42 am »
Meanwhile he uses their money to stage advertisements for his new luxury hotel so he can reach that next billion dollar mark for himself.

Suckers all.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 11:52:42 am »

Good news for Trump.  When does his campaign actually start?
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 12:06:46 pm »
Good news for Trump.  When does his campaign actually start?

I'm guessing the televangelists are screwed with the money they usually collect going to Orange glorious.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 02:15:26 pm »

Lordy, lordy...look at this thread! Five days and we're being inundated by...crickets!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 02:20:45 pm »
What kind of sap gives money to a multi-billionaire?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 02:30:32 pm »
Lordy, lordy...look at this thread! Five days and we're being inundated by...crickets!

Because it is worthless news. You know who's record Trump broke? Ron Paul's in '08. How'd that turn out?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 02:31:38 pm »

Another thread inundated with crickets...

And the Nevers have the nerve to say that they're not obsessed ... But, why then do they only populate the "I hate Donald" threads with literally hundreds of posts. Why is that?

The DSM classifies this as Obsessive-Compulsive behavior.  ^-^

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 02:39:25 pm »

And the Nevers have the nerve to say that they're not obsessed ... But, why then do they only populate the "I hate Donald" threads with literally hundreds of posts. Why is that?

The DSM classifies this as Obsessive-Compulsive behavior.  ^-^

The ultimate insult is to be ignored..............
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 02:47:28 pm »
$100 Million from donors giving $200 or less, a record.  Also, may have done this over a much shorter period of time than his predecessors. Since June 21st.

Whatever one thinks of Trump, this is a pretty big deal -- a sort of monetization of the frustrations of those who cannot claim membership among the smug elites of the hallowed zip codes.

It's not the French Revolution, but the underlying populist discontent against those who presume to rule (greatly to their own benefit) is rather similar.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2016, 02:49:21 pm »

Just because you're boring doesn't mean people won't comment.  Speaking for myself alone, I've come to expect little of value from you.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2016, 03:08:55 pm »
Trump's popular MAGA movement is sweeping the country...a landslide in the making.