Author Topic: Why this neocon spy chief has joined Team Trump  (Read 539 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Why this neocon spy chief has joined Team Trump
« on: September 20, 2016, 08:49:41 pm »
Why this neocon spy chief has joined Team Trump
By Eli Lake Bloomberg View
Published Sept. 20, 2016
Read more at http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0916/lake092016.php3#zHcGFqXb58czZc8S.99

While most Republican politicians have accepted their party's nominee, Donald Trump, the tribe of policy intellectuals and journalists known as neoconservatives have been, for the most part, admirable holdouts.

It's easy to understand why. Trump has accused George W. Bush of lying the country into the Iraq War. He has adopted the old slogan of pre-Pearl Harbor neutralists, "America First." Trump lavishes praise on Russian strongman Vladimir Putin.

The names of the NeverTrump neos are well known. They include the editor of Commentary, John Podhoretz, his Weekly Standard counterpart, William Kristol, as well as the influential writer Robert Kagan.

Eric Edelman, a former senior adviser to Vice President Dick Cheney and ambassador to Turkey, told me there are three distinct neocon positions this election season. "There are the Never Trump, Never Hillary and I don't care people," he said. "Then there are the 'I'm with her' people. Then there is a third group who will hold their tongue, but support Hillary quietly and vote for her."

But there is also a fourth group this election cycle, those who will actually take the plunge for the candidate promising the kind of reset with Putin that neocons opposed when Hillary Clinton tried it in 2009 and 2010. These include Norman Podhoretz, John's father, who recently said Trump would be better than Clinton and Dick Cheney, who said earlier this year he would support his party's nominee, breaking with his former boss, George W. Bush, who is sitting out the current election....
Read more at http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0916/lake092016.php3#zHcGFqXb58czZc8S.99
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour