Author Topic: The Wire creator David Simon under fire for using the N-word to mock Sean Hannity's upcoming town hall on race with Donald Trump  (Read 715 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The Wire creator David Simon under fire for using the N-word to mock Sean Hannity's upcoming town hall on race with Donald Trump

David Simon has come under fire for using the N-word in a tweet criticizing Fox News host Sean Hannity
    The Wire creator referred to Hannity as 'my n***a' after learning he would be hosting a town hall style event on race with Donald Trump
    Simon also wrote: 'If they couldn't get Ta-Nehisi or Deray to host, then who but you on the pulse of black America?'
    Many on Twitter criticized Simon for his use of the word, with one woman writing: 'I get the sarcasm. There's better ways to do it.'
    Hannity responded by writing: 'Maybe it's just your ignorance about conservatives, or maybe you are just a malicious a**hole. Either way idc.'
    Hannity and Trump's town hall-style event on race will be filmed in Cleveland Wednesday morning and air later that night

The creator of the critically acclaimed HBO series The Wire is under fire after posting a comment on Twitter in which he used the N-word to mock Fox News host Sean Hannity.

After learning that Hannity would be hosting a town hall-style event on race Wednesday night in Cleveland featuring Trump, David Simon wrote: 'Hannity my ni**a! If they couldn't get Ta-Nehisi or Deray to host, then who but you on the pulse of black America?'

Simon immediately faced backlash from many on Twitter, who called him out on his language.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3798097/The-Wire-creator-David-Simon-fire-using-N-word-mock-Sean-Hannity-s-upcoming-town-hall-race-Donald-Trump.html#ixzz4KoseUHjO

This time, using this tactic, backfired.