Author Topic: Jack Welch on why he's voting for Trump  (Read 1375 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jack Welch on why he's voting for Trump
« on: September 20, 2016, 01:33:45 pm »
Jack Welch on why he's voting for Trump
Matthew J. Belvedere   
46 Mins Ago

Jack Welch, the former GE chief and longtime Republican supporter, told CNBC on Tuesday he's voting for Donald Trump because he likes the real estate mogul's policies on tax reform, government regulations and national security more than those of Hillary Clinton.

Welch was late to the Trump camp, first supporting Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, who failed to secure the GOP presidential nomination.

In a "Squawk Box" interview, Welch provided a detailed argument for Trump's policies.

more
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/20/jack-welch-on-why-hes-voting-for-trump.html?%3Fsource=Twitter
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Jack Welch on why he's voting for Trump
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 03:31:45 pm »
Jack Welch is entitled to do whatever he wishes with his vote.  I won't be joining him!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longmire

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 06:24:26 pm »
Good reasons...with a GOP Congress to implement the needed reforms.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 06:37:01 pm »

The man is obviously a moron.   :whistle:

John Francis "Jack" Welch, Jr. is a retired American business executive, author, and chemical engineer. He was chairman and CEO of General Electric between 1981 and 2001. During his tenure at GE, the company's value rose 4,000%. Wikipedia

Yeah, an immoral, godless moron.   000hehehehe

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 06:40:58 pm »
Does Welch like Trump's  new entitlement, Ivankacare?  His refusal to reform the other large drains on the federal budget, SS, Medicare and Medicaid?

Welch never failed to ask for government largesse when it benefitted GE, so it's no surprise he loves a big government clown like Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 06:53:14 pm »
At least, Trump is not for TPP and shipping jobs overseas. Never, unlike some who shifted positions.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 06:54:10 pm »
The man is obviously a moron.

No, he's a man who preferred Cruz when he had the opportunity to evaluate both, and who now chooses to believe that Trump will be faithful to the positions he (Welch) has outlined.  Nothing moronic about it, although I don't share his faith in Trump's fidelity.

When Welch regularly posts anti-Cruz and anti-Cruz-supporter snark in the belief that it serves some useful purpose, *then* he'll be a moron.
James 1:20

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 06:55:39 pm »
At least, Trump is not for TPP and shipping jobs overseas. Never, unlike some who shifted positions.

Trump can't do anything about jobs shipped overseas.  That would continue no matter who is president. 

And the TPP will likley be passed in the lame duck session of Congress after the elections.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 06:59:47 pm »
Welch got hammered by some when he supported Cruz, and will probably be hammered by some for supporting Trump.
So it goes.
He has every right to support, or not, anyone he likes, as well as all of us do.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 07:02:55 pm »
Trump can't do anything about jobs shipped overseas.  That would continue no matter who is president. 

And the TPP will likely be passed in the lame duck session of Congress after the elections.

It's been my experience that Presidents who think they're more powerful than Economics 101 get their rumps handed to them.

And as my late, great Macro professor once said, "There are no free lunches!!!"

Good old Dr. Erwin Graue, my first faculty advisor at Gonzaga. He was a sprightly 77 when we first met, and he was a terror as a professor. There was nowhere to hide in his class, as I was one of five students. God help you if you gave the wrong answer to one of his questions.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 08:02:01 pm »

That will continue until the Washington elites start hacking at the ROOT of the problem instead of the branches! 

And the TPP will likley be passed in the lame duck session of Congress after the elections.

Sadly yes! Given the completely FECKLESS nature of the current congress!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longmire

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 09:42:53 pm »
More good stuff...Welch delivers!