Author Topic: George H.W. Bush to vote for Hillary  (Read 31391 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: George H.W. Bush to vote for Hillary
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2016, 01:34:33 pm »
Yep

Told you so. Not surprised if the entire Bush family issues an endorsement for Clinton. They may wind up campaigning for her. What do we always say? Liberals are Liberals first above everything else.

BTW, for the NeverTrump crowd, this is more proof of what we have been saying all along. The Bush/GOPe would never have endorsed Cruz either. They are and always have been Liberals first.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2016, 01:40:55 pm »
Why?  If Trump talked about your son the way he did about Jeb, you'd hate his guts too.

Trump is the most unpopular candidate in the history of the GOP, which is why he's going to lose.

That still would not make me vote for a Clinton especially Hillary....I would just keep my shut and stay home.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2016, 01:57:42 pm »
That still would not make me vote for a Clinton especially Hillary....I would just keep my shut and stay home.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/exclusive-george-hw-bush-to-vote-for-hillary-22839

The Bushes are part of the oligarchy. They are vested in a strong national government to the detriment of the States.

Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2016, 01:59:16 pm »
Wow....so Bush senior is supporting Hillary.  I can't stand Trump, but this would sure have me leaning his direction.

Offline CSM

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2016, 02:01:36 pm »
George H.W. Bush to vote for Hillary

A Kennedy outs a Bush who favors a Clinton.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/exclusive-george-hw-bush-to-vote-for-hillary-228395

Darren Samuelsohn
09/19/16

Former President George H.W. Bush is bucking his party's presidential nominee and plans to vote for Hillary Clinton in November, according to a member of another famous political family, the Kennedys.

{.. snip ..}

I don't believe a Politico article (liars) that has an unverified source who happens to be from a family of liars and criminals.  Let me sum up the entirety of the article, "He is voting Hillary, he told me so!" - Democrat former governor of a blue state and a member of the Kennedy family

I don't see much credibility there.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2016, 02:05:53 pm »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/exclusive-george-hw-bush-to-vote-for-hillary-22839

The Bushes are part of the oligarchy. They are vested in a strong national government to the detriment of the States.

If you get your boy Trump, you ain't seen nuthin' to compare to the size and power of the federal government he'll usher in.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2016, 02:32:36 pm »
If you get your boy Trump, you ain't seen nuthin' to compare to the size and power of the federal government he'll usher in.

Trump is not "my boy" and never has been. I have always supported Cruz who told me to vote my conscience and my conscience tells me to do everything I can to stop the evil, corrupt, lying, medically-compromised she-devil from becoming POTUS.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2016, 03:24:51 pm »
I don't believe a Politico article (liars) that has an unverified source who happens to be from a family of liars and criminals.  Let me sum up the entirety of the article, "He is voting Hillary, he told me so!" - Democrat former governor of a blue state and a member of the Kennedy family

Ditto..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2016, 03:35:55 pm »
Let's review. 

1) Trump was a jackassed bully at the early debates, repeatedly interrupting Jeb and telling him to "shush" among other things.
2) Trump retweeted the following: @RobHeilbron: @realDonaldTrump #JebBush has to like the Mexican Illegals because of his wife
3) Approximately two hours after Scalia died, and the party was ready to unify around a candidate, Trump accused W of lying about weapons of mass destruction, to get us into Iraq.

The trumpkin "binary choice" mantra backfired here.  I don't blame HW Bush for preferring Hillary, not one bit.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:38:51 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2016, 03:39:39 pm »
In which case I would expect an official statement from the former president to clarify/reject/confirm.  And in this case, silence is probably confirmation.

Right.  He wouldn't even have to say who he is voting for.  All he's have to say is "I did not tell Ms. Kennedy who I was voting for - she apparently misunderstood that conversation".  But silence....

Offline Idiot

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2016, 03:39:49 pm »
Let's review. 

1) Trump was a jackassed bully at the early debates, repeatedly interrupting Jeb and telling him to "shush" among other things.
2) Trump retweeted the following: @RobHeilbron: @realDonaldTrump #JebBush has to like the Mexican Illegals because of his wife
3) About two hours after Scalia died, and the party was ready to unify around a candidate, Trump accused W of lying about weapons of mass destruction, to get us into Iraq.

The trumpkin mantra about "binary choice" backfired here.  I don't blame HW Bush for preferring Hillary not voting for president, not one bit.

Fixed it for you.

If he votes for Hillary, he's a worse president than I ever dreamed.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:41:04 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2016, 03:41:54 pm »
Let's review. 

3) Approximately two hours after Scalia died, and the party was ready to unify around a candidate, Trump accused W of lying about weapons of mass destruction, to get us into Iraq.

The trumpkin "binary choice" mantra backfired here.  I don't blame HW Bush for preferring Hillary, not one bit.

That doesn't reflect well on the Bushes -- letting personal pique and hurt feelings determine who should lead the country.  Jeb and his dad are Judge Smails, and Trump is Rodney Dangerfield.  It's compounded by the fact that  Jeb is the guy who was supposed to be the quarterback of the football team, and his dad doesn't like the kid who go the job instead.

I get not voting for Trump.  But voting for Hillary is either personal pique, or the Smails/Dangerfield factor, where "the dignity of the office" is the most important consideration.

I'd point out that Rubio seems to get the idea that Trump being a uncouth braggart is less relevant than Hillary's policies, and I think it's pretty clear that Cruz is going to vote for Trump but not endorse him publicly, which I think is a very honorable course.

For the Bushes to make it about the fact that Trump was rude to them is disappointing.  The reality is that the importance of Trump's rudeness dissipates, but the policies supported by Hillary won't.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:47:26 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2016, 03:43:21 pm »
Let's review. 

I wouldn't blame him either.. To me I'm getting sick of the Bush bashing. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2016, 03:46:27 pm »

Same here.  No link, no confirmation from HW himself, no proof.

Edited to add:  HW is well over 90 now, and perhaps not reliable.  When Phyllis Schlafly foolishly endorsed Trump before she died, I dismissed it because at her age.  She clearly was not thinking as a Conservative in supporting a leftist.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:53:34 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2016, 03:47:54 pm »
I hate George HW Bush.   That F***ing @$$hole *GAVE*  us Bill Clinton and stabbed us in the back.   

All the damage caused by Bill Clinton,  such as a Nuclear North Korea,  Not grabbing Bin Laden,  the housing crises financial meltdown,  the shoot down of Flight 800,   numerous Kook-bat Supreme court and federal judges,  all of these disasters can be laid at the feet of that Pantywaiste,  Elite,  Limousine Liberal,  Rockefeller Republican,  RINO,  George Herbert Milquetoast Walker Bush. 

The nation is worse for having that fool as a President.   He is the worst Mistake Ronald Reagan ever made. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2016, 03:54:28 pm »

I wouldn't blame him either.. To me I'm getting sick of the Bush bashing.

You don't like Bush Bashing?   Why not?   That @$$hole will never be bashed to the degree that he deserves.    That F***ing LIAR is what has wrecked the destiny of the nation,  and wrecked the conservative movement with his malfeasance.   

All the disasters that encompassed the terms of Bill Clinton are the consequence of Milquetoast namby pamby George,  breaking his word.   

The World is a worse place for Herbert having been President. 

The very day I heard Bush was going to break his word,  I screamed at the Radio.   "MY GOD!  YOU FOOL!  DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT WILL RESULT FROM THIS? " 

Apparently idiot George did not,  and it came as quite a surprise to him that the Democrats once more played him for a dupe,  and the public was thereafter sick of him. 

May his name be remembered only for his treachery. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2016, 03:56:37 pm »

You don't like Bush Bashing?   Why not?   That @$$hole will never be bashed to the degree that he deserves.    That F***ing LIAR is what has wrecked the destiny of the nation,  and wrecked the conservative movement with his malfeasance.   

All the disasters that encompassed the terms of Bill Clinton are the consequence of Milquetoast namby pamby George,  breaking his word.   

The World is a worse place for Herbert having been President. 

The very day I heard Bush was going to break his word,  I screamed at the Radio.   "MY GOD!  YOU FOOL!  DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT WILL RESULT FROM THIS? " 

Apparently idiot George did not,  and it came as quite a surprise to him that the Democrats once more played him for a dupe,  and the public was thereafter sick of him. 

May his name be remembered only for his treachery.

Your an a**hole yourself....

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2016, 04:00:44 pm »
George H.W. Bush is now officially out.

As is the entire gopE.  Nothing new here.  The globalist neocons both in public politics and the kind of fools that support them like those found on this bulletin board have been known for what they are for decades.

George W. and Jeb are just like their father, in case those here with absolutely less than a zero clue want to know.

The Republicans have been being PUNKED for so long, they no longer are able to know when they are being PUNKED.

Incredibly hilarious.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2016, 04:03:45 pm »
BTW, for the NeverTrump crowd, this is more proof of what we have been saying all along. The Bush/GOPe would never have endorsed Cruz either. They are and always have been Liberals first.

===============================

This forum is known for being a 'Bush' refuge.  For good reason.

Birds (and vultures) of a feather.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 04:06:20 pm by HAPPY2BME »

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2016, 04:58:22 pm »
Right.  He wouldn't even have to say who he is voting for.  All he's have to say is "I did not tell Ms. Kennedy who I was voting for - she apparently misunderstood that conversation".  But silence....

Apparently the former president's spokesman has said that the GHWB's vote is private and has not/will not be discussed going into the election.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2016, 05:02:11 pm »
That doesn't reflect well on the Bushes -- letting personal pique and hurt feelings determine who should lead the country.  Jeb and his dad are Judge Smails, and Trump is Rodney Dangerfield.  It's compounded by the fact that  Jeb is the guy who was supposed to be the quarterback of the football team, and his dad doesn't like the kid who go the job instead.

I get not voting for Trump.  But voting for Hillary is either personal pique, or the Smails/Dangerfield factor, where "the dignity of the office" is the most important consideration.

I'd point out that Rubio seems to get the idea that Trump being a uncouth braggart is less relevant than Hillary's policies, and I think it's pretty clear that Cruz is going to vote for Trump but not endorse him publicly, which I think is a very honorable course.

For the Bushes to make it about the fact that Trump was rude to them is disappointing.  The reality is that the importance of Trump's rudeness dissipates, but the policies supported by Hillary won't.

Yeb! is Spalding.  "100 bucks the Bush kid picks his nose....."
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2016, 05:02:36 pm »
Apparently the former president's spokesman has said that the GHWB's vote is private and has not/will not be discussed going into the election.

That makes the most sense.  Announcing a vote for Hillary seemed bizarre.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2016, 05:21:02 pm »
===============================

This forum is known for being a 'Bush' refuge.  For good reason.

Birds (and vultures) of a feather.

Well, now, that's just weird, "Happy"............ because what I see here is a great deal of criticism for the Bush family, ranging from disagreement to downright hatred  (see the unhinged post above).

It seems that everything you say has issues with truthfulness.

Besides which, if this place is so despicable and full of "vultures" then why the heck do you post here??

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2016, 05:23:55 pm »
That makes the most sense.  Announcing a vote for Hillary seemed bizarre.

But according to the story, he didn't "announce" it.  He let it slip (after all, he's 93) to someone he saw as a friend, and they announced it.

I'd note that the statement issued by his spokesman does not claim that he never made the statement in question to Ms. Kennedy, which would have been a very easy denial to issue.  If it were true.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2016, 05:26:52 pm »

Yeb! is Spalding.  "100 bucks the Bush kid picks his nose....."

Heh.  Yeah, the analogy works all around.  I suppose Gary Johnson is Carl Spackler....?