Author Topic: Report: Obamacare Adds to Medicaid’s Unsustainable Spending Trajectory with no measurable health benefit  (Read 764 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
http://freebeacon.com/issues/report-obamacare-adds-medicaids-unsustainable-spending-trajectory/

by Ali Meyer
September 19, 2016

In 2015, a newly eligible Medicaid enrollee cost 49 percent more than they did in 2014, costing an average of $6,366. According to the Congressional Budget Office, Medicaid spending is projected to grow by $232 billion between 2016 and 2024. Additionally, the budget office finds that more people are enrolling in Medicaid and is projecting that estimates are 50 percent higher than they were before the expansion took effect in 2014.

Finally, the report notes that enrollees did not have significantly better physical health. “Researchers analyzing the Oregon Medicaid quasi experiment found that expansion enrollees did not have significantly better physical health on any of the three metrics assessed (blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar),” the report states. “The same researchers estimated that enrollees only valued Medicaid at 20-40 cents for every dollar of program spending on their behalf.”

(excerpts)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Mind you, by some estimates upwards of 90% of those newly insured under Obamacare were done under Medicaid.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 01:58:35 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

If you loved Medicaid expansion under Obama, just wait til Trump doubles down on that expansion:

Trump Says He’d Use Medicaid to Expand Insurance Coverage

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-09-15/trump-calls-for-expanded-medicaid-birth-control-without-doctor
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Victoria33

If you loved Medicaid expansion under Obama, just wait til Trump doubles down on that expansion:

Trump Says He’d Use Medicaid to Expand Insurance Coverage
@sinkspur

This is true, I heard him say it, don't have to go to your link to know it is true.
And, don't forget paid maternity leave for mother and father and care for an elderly parent.

I have lived a long time and those early years, my parents were responsible for their lives and mine - there was no government help.  My father had a job, and he had a garden for food and grew two pigs every year and we had fruit trees of various kinds.  My mother canned food for the winter.  There was no ambulance if there was a medical emergency - go in the car (with no air conditioning) to the doctor or hospital.  Live in a house with no air conditioning, no one had that, and no one had a phone.  That was a time of John Galt living.  You did it yourself or it didn't happen.  Families took care of their elderly parents.  Churches helped the poor.  In those days, there were "poor farms" where poor people could go and live and tend gardens to eat.

Now, government, federal and local, is in our lives daily.  I often think we had it better in the old days.  We were independent, didn't have to lock our doors or cars as crime was extremely low. Now, we have terrorist bombings and killings and I can't see that stopping. 

geronl

Trump wants to make Medicaid a middle class entitlement