Author Topic: Reid: Dem gun bill 'would prevent the next attack'  (Read 469 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Reid: Dem gun bill 'would prevent the next attack'
« on: September 19, 2016, 10:12:40 pm »

By Susan Ferrechio (@susanferrechio) • 9/19/16 4:18 PM

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid said Monday a gun control bill authored by Democrats would prevent another terrorist attacks like the ones carried out in New Jersey and New York this weekend.

"We can argue from now on about whether this bill would have prevented this weekend's attacks," Reid, D-Nev., said. "But one thing is for sure, it would prevent the next attack."

Democrats have authored a bill that would ban people on a federal terror watch list from purchasing guns or explosives.

House and Senate Republicans have authored their own legislation, which would put in place a three-day waiting period for those on the terror-watch list who try to purchase guns or explosives. Democrats blocked the GOP bill in the Senate, and the House GOP majority has refused to take up the bill authored by Democrats.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/harry-reid-democrats-gun-bill-would-prevent-the-next-attack/article/2602228
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Reid: Dem gun bill 'would prevent the next attack'
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 10:28:31 pm »
By Susan Ferrechio (@susanferrechio) • 9/19/16 4:18 PM

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid said Monday a gun control bill authored by Democrats would prevent another terrorist attacks like the ones carried out in New Jersey and New York this weekend.

"We can argue from now on about whether this bill would have prevented this weekend's attacks," Reid, D-Nev., said. "But one thing is for sure, it would prevent the next attack."

Democrats have authored a bill that would ban people on a federal terror watch list from purchasing guns or explosives.

House and Senate Republicans have authored their own legislation, which would put in place a three-day waiting period for those on the terror-watch list who try to purchase guns or explosives. Democrats blocked the GOP bill in the Senate, and the House GOP majority has refused to take up the bill authored by Democrats.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/harry-reid-democrats-gun-bill-would-prevent-the-next-attack/article/2602228
But but but The last attacks were pipe bombs or other IEDs.

If you're on the watch list you can't own a pressure cooker or plumbing supplies?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 10:34:49 pm »
But but but The last attacks were pipe bombs or other IEDs.

If you're on the watch list you can't own a pressure cooker or plumbing supplies?
Well they might use those things to try and kill people. But they would never uh....use something like a car or a truck to try and mow down people would they? Or throw an incendiary device into a crowded room would they?
No, never would they do those things. /s

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 11:02:24 pm »
Well they might use those things to try and kill people. But they would never uh....use something like a car or a truck to try and mow down people would they? Or throw an incendiary device into a crowded room would they?
No, never would they do those things. /s
Let's see...TATP in a backpack (Norman OK outside the stadium, the guy couldn't get past the search, so sat on the bench next to the buses) Bang. In NC, one drove a SUV into a conversation pit on campus, iirc, Don't recall the incendiary device unless that was overseas, but I believe that has been done there. Pressure cookers in Mass and NY, pipe bombs a bit of all over, most recently NY and NJ, and every now and then, they use guns (at the cartoon fest, but they got shot and in California). Busy people, and inventive, too. I really doubt that any law will stop people bent on killing and mayhem. It will just end up being a pain in law abiding people's collective hindparts.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 11:03:04 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline unknown

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 11:21:06 pm »

"But one thing is for sure, it would prevent the next attack."

What a moron!!

What he needs to come with now, is say, "See? Did you not see the not attack that did not happen today, you did not see the mass gun attack at the not school? Well that is because of the ten-year gun control Brady Bill that was in effect for a while. At that time it kept the mass murderer from getting the gun that he was going to use today. So, now you know why you did not see or hear about the attack. Because it did not happen. So we need to pass more gun control laws that will prevent the next attacks."

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 11:28:40 pm »
"But one thing is for sure, it would prevent the next attack."

What a moron!!

What he needs to come with now, is say, "See? Did you not see the not attack that did not happen today, you did not see the mass gun attack at the not school? Well that is because of the ten-year gun control Brady Bill that was in effect for a while. At that time it kept the mass murderer from getting the gun that he was going to use today. So, now you know why you did not see or hear about the attack. Because it did not happen. So we need to pass more gun control laws that will prevent the next attacks."
The next attack could be cases of glass bottles dumped off a high roof. You don't know what they're going to use, so how could that ass assume anything would prevent the next attack? I think he needs to go play with his exercise equipment some more...

C S Lewis