Author Topic: Trump could boost GOP’s black vote to levels not seen in decades  (Read 651 times)

Offline unknown

Trump could boost GOP’s black vote to levels not seen in decades
« on: September 19, 2016, 05:47:37 pm »

Trump’s image as a party-outsider out to shake up the establishment could push GOP support among blacks to levels not seen since Gerald Ford lost to Jimmy Carter

http://canadafreepress.com/article/trump-could-boost-gops-black-vote-to-levels-not-seen-in-decades

Marc Patrone
September 19, 2016

Polls suggest African Americans may bid Barack Obama a stinging farewell by handing Donald Trump the biggest Republican share of the black vote in forty-years.  For all the efforts of the Clinton war machine, the media and groups like Black Lives Matter to smear Trump as a racist, the Republican candidate saw his popularity soar among African American voters last week.  Of all the things that went wrong for Clinton in the last two weeks, her falling numbers among black voters may be scaring the Democrats most all.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump could boost GOP’s black vote to levels not seen in decades
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 05:52:42 pm »
More citing of that phony LA Times poll.

Get this through your heads:  black support for Trump did NOT jump from 3.5 percent to 19.6 percent in one week. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 07:10:05 pm »
That's quite a jump up from the 0-2% that was bandied around by the media and other liberal pinheads short while ago.

Silver Pines

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 07:18:23 pm »
Steve Deace ‏@SteveDeaceShow  6h6 hours ago West Des Moines, IA

If Trump gets 20 percent of the black vote on November 8, I will sacrifice a goat to Jobu on Facebook live.

Offline unknown

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 07:23:58 pm »

Here is another Rasmussen poll on this - 23% black vote. They seem to be coming out more and more.

https://twitter.com/always_trump/status/776447542607380480

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

geronl

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 07:25:10 pm »
That's quite a jump up from the 0-2% that was bandied around by the media and other liberal pinheads short while ago.

0-2% is probably the accurate number

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 07:31:33 pm »
David Duke’s getting more support from black voters in his race than Donald Trump is in his

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/05/david-dukes-getting-more-support-from-black-voters-in-his-race-than-donald-trump-is-in-his/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 07:33:43 pm »
Here is another Rasmussen poll on this - 23% black vote. They seem to be coming out more and more.

https://twitter.com/always_trump/status/776447542607380480

Wow.

I wonder if the race baiters will call these blacks white supremacists too?

Offline Longmire

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 09:15:13 pm »
Wow.

I wonder if the race baiters will call these blacks white supremacists too?
:silly:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 11:13:59 pm »
I haven't read or seen any comments on a number of the liberal boards I visit from people who identify as black that they are changing their minds and voting Republican. It is possible that Trump might get 10% of the black vote, but I doubt even that.
The great majority of black people have become comfortable with  being the chosen "victim" group that is owed. They don't want to give up their special preferences and many want to remain on the federal and state gravy train.
I wish it were different, but there it is.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 01:34:35 am »
@goatprairie They're not just voting Trump son, they're actively supporting him.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 01:43:03 am »

And this is very welcome news.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 01:46:58 am »

I know a black man whom I have discussed/debated for the last decade,  and he is strongly supporting Trump and has long been urging others to do so. 

I told him I didn't want Trump,   I preferred the more philosophical and ideological Ted Cruz,   but since Trump is now the nominee,  I would reluctantly support him.   

But *HE*  is gung ho Trump! 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 02:59:22 am »
goatprairie wrote:
"It is possible that Trump might get 10% of the black vote, but I doubt even that."

Well, if you're out there on the prairie, stick your head up above the goats and look around.

Statement I recall someone once said:
"When people see a strong horse, and a weak horse, they will pick the strong horse."
(paraphrased)

I sense that at least some blacks identify with Trump's brash persona and his overly-stuffy self-esteem, and will vote for him as the stronger of the two horses in this race...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:00:06 am by Fishrrman »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 01:28:19 pm »
goatprairie wrote:
"It is possible that Trump might get 10% of the black vote, but I doubt even that."

Well, if you're out there on the prairie, stick your head up above the goats and look around.

Statement I recall someone once said:
"When people see a strong horse, and a weak horse, they will pick the strong horse."
(paraphrased)

I sense that at least some blacks identify with Trump's brash persona and his overly-stuffy self-esteem, and will vote for him as the stronger of the two horses in this race...
Thanks for the advice....I think I'll go with past performance. If Trump can get more than 10%, more power to him. ...But I doubt it.