Author Topic: Rubio’s New Terror Gun Bill: “Toothless” “Sham” or Viable Solution?  (Read 668 times)

rangerrebew

Rubio’s New Terror Gun Bill: “Toothless” “Sham” or Viable Solution?
Comments

Posted by Fuzzy Slippers      Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 7:15pm

Hopes for a bipartisan solution
Marco Rubio pic   

As Marco Rubio faces a tough battle for his Senate seat in Florida, he introduces a new gun bill aimed at limiting terrorist access to guns.

The legislation, according to Rubio‘s Senate website, “builds on some of the best ideas that have been proposed, and improves them in ways that I hope will make a bipartisan solution more likely.”

Rubio’s Terror Intelligence Improvement Act would:

http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/09/rubios-new-terror-gun-bill-toothless-sham-or-viable-solution/
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 12:09:55 pm by rangerrebew »

Online libertybele

What? Is he trying to lose this election??  Appealing to liberals is WHY he lost his home state in the primary.  And who's terrorist list are we going to go by? The FBI does NOT have the authority to go into Mosques Marco ... so what you are proposing really only targets those that the government wants to target...oh...let's just throw out those who belong to TEA for example.  Or how about Christian conservatives in general?

Let's see he buckled on illegal immigration and now he's going to buckle on the 2nd amendment?  He deserves to lose his seat in the Senate.  We had two very strong conservatives who were running to take his place and stood down to make room for him! I thought at the time that the GOP had made a mistake (but of course I should have realized they want RINO's). I'm really trying at this point not to stay home on election day...I don't have a whole lot of people to vote for. I grit my teeth and had to do a whole lot of soul searching to cast my vote for this clown in the run-off primary ... I should have known he would once again turn against conservatism!! 

#NeverHillary   #NeverTrump  #NeverRubio
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Night Hides Not

After the recent fiasco known as the "HRC FBI Investigation", there is no way in hell you can get me to agree to handing more power to the FBI.

If anything, handing any more power to any federal agency is a disqualifier.

I apologize for taking only 15 seconds to peruse the highlights of Rubio's proposal, but I know a federal power grab when I see one.

I can only imagine the outcry if a similar bill was targeted at "irresponsible exercises of the First Amendment", making it easier to sue news organizations for slander or libel, or allowing law enforcement agencies to crack down on nonprofit organizations for "hate speech."
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online libertybele

Rubio has proven once again that he is a liberal!  He is a member of the Gang of Eight and flip-flopped on his original stance on amnesty and this is NOT the first time Marco has softened on our 2nd amendment rights!

http://www.redstate.com/diary/freedomrepublican/2013/12/13/marco-rubio-betrays-the-second-amendment/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Don't worry. We gotta elect lesser evils no matter what!