Author Topic: Trump Is Pat Buchanan With Better Timing  (Read 762 times)

Offline unknown

Trump Is Pat Buchanan With Better Timing
« on: September 19, 2016, 05:54:18 am »

Trump Is Pat Buchanan With Better Timing

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/donald-trump-pat-buchanan-republican-america-first-nativist-214221

September 15, 2016
Jeff Greenfield

he presidency of George H.W. Bush was in trouble. Headed into the 1992 election year, the glow from the swift and decisive victory in the Gulf War—a victory that had pushed Bush’s approval ratings to 90 percent—had faded. While a recession had technically ended in March of 1991, unemployment was stuck at 7 percent, and the rut was felt deeply in New England. When I went to New Hampshire late that year to cover the presidential race, every store in a once-thriving Manchester shopping mall was shuttered; only the unemployment office and the welfare office were open. The advertisements that filled local newspapers were not for products or stores; they announced foreclosure auctions.

Into this state strode 53-year-old Pat Buchanan, a cheerfully pugnacious conservative ...

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: Trump Is Pat Buchanan With Better Timing
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 05:54:59 am »

Pat Buchanan re linked this article from his site, here:

http://buchanan.org/blog/politico-trump-pat-buchanan-better-timing-125682

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 06:28:34 am »
Pat Buchanan is a bad joke to all but 3% of voters, and Buchanan's supporters are an embarrassment to Republicans...That is why PBS, CNN, and now MSNBC hired him.  He made the GOP look like troglodytes.

but not you unknown...everyone thinks you're super cool.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 06:31:14 am by Once-Ler »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 08:07:49 am »
I guess saying Pat Buchanan turns out to be like waving a red flag, first to Honest John and now to Once-Ler; interesting observation.

Oh, and William Buckley accused someone of anti-semitism, as if this is some sort of conclusive evidence;it's a joke. Anyone can call someone a name.

ADL on Buchanan with article by Buckley; http://archive.adl.org/special_reports/buchanan_own_words/buchanan_intro.html

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 05:08:43 pm »
I guess saying Pat Buchanan turns out to be like waving a red flag, first to Honest John and now to Once-Ler; interesting observation.
It's big red flag with a swastika in the middle.