Author Topic: The News with Sen. Cruz - September 16, 2016 [on Internet Giveaway]  (Read 230 times)

Offline unknown

The News with Sen. Cruz - September 16, 2016 [on Internet Giveaway]

September 16, 2016

Greetings,

The Internet is one of the most powerful and transformational inventions of our time, and Texans, in particular, recognize its tremendous economic importance to our state. In 2015 alone, Texas was home to more than 500 Internet-based companies. The Internet allows anyone across our great state, with minimal capital, to bring a dream or an idea to life and participate in the national and global marketplace.

This extraordinary ability is a direct result of American ingenuity. Because the Internet was invented right here in the United States with the financial support of American taxpayers, our federal government has stood guard over critical Internet functions and protected free speech online under the First Amendment. But the Obama administration could change all of that in just 14 days.

Unfortunately, on October 1, President Obama intends to give oversight of the Internet away to ICANN, an international body that includes oppressive regimes such as Russia, China, and Iran, and has a history of poor accountability.

This radical proposal jeopardizes Texas jobs, our free speech online, and our national security. Congress must act by September 30 to protect Internet freedom, and I will continue to work with my colleagues to stop Obama’s dangerous handover and preserve your freedom and livelihoods online.

Keep Texas Strong,

Ted Cruz

This week, Sen. Cruz continued leading efforts and building momentum in Congress to block the Obama administration’s dangerous Internet proposal. He also introduced legislation that would reaffirm Texas’ leadership in the space industry and voted in favor of a bill that supports many key water infrastructure projects in the state. See below for more details of Sen. Cruz’s work on behalf of Texans this week.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 08:42:22 pm by unknown »

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)