Author Topic: Putin expresses sympathy for the Donald  (Read 1639 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Putin expresses sympathy for the Donald
« on: September 18, 2016, 06:10:40 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/putin-expresses-sympathy-for-the-donald/article/2602108

Without mentioning Donald Trump by name, Russian President Vladimir Putin expressed indirect support for his presidential campaign on the basis of Trump's stated desire for amicable U.S. relations with Russian.

"We are carefully watching what is happening in the United States and we, of course, view with sympathy those who publicly state that it is necessary to build a relationship with Russia, on basis of equality," Putin said in an interview broadcast on Russian television, according to the AFP.

Throughout his campaign, Trump has said that it would be better for the U.S. to have normalized relations with Russia, a marked departure from typical Republican thinking and out-of-step with the Obama administration's response to Russia's military involvement in Crimea and elsewhere in Ukraine.

More at link

Re: Putin expresses sympathy for the Donald
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 06:11:52 pm »
Daniel Lin ‏@DLin71 Sep 9

A history of Trump campaign slogans

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 06:27:12 pm »
Daniel Lin ‏@DLin71 Sep 9

A history of Trump campaign slogans

Are we quoting The DailyKos now? Is that where TBR is now, on the political spectrum. When TBR gets a linked-sites list going, i would not be surprised to find that the first link is to DU.

I really get the impression that this site is taking an extreme Left turn. That is all fine. I am not saying that it is a good or a bad thing. I am only saying that I didn't expect it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 06:29:58 pm »
Are we quoting The DailyKos now? Is that where TBR is now, on the political spectrum. When TBR gets a linked-sites list going, i would not be surprised to find that the first link is to DU.

I really get the impression that this site is taking an extreme Left turn. That is all fine. I am not saying that it is a good or a bad thing. I am only saying that I didn't expect it.

It took a left turn when the Trumpkins pulled out their poms and got this orange-haired ignoramus nominated.  Trump has been a liberal his entire life and he's reverting to it with his policies.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 06:34:56 pm »

The Daily StarVerified account
‏@DailyStarLeb
Russia's ruling party wins 44.5 pct in parliament vote: exit poll

Hey, strong leadership eh?

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 06:43:45 pm »
It took a left turn when the Trumpkins pulled out their poms and got this orange-haired ignoramus nominated.  Trump has been a liberal his entire life and he's reverting to it with his policies.

@sinkspur we have known each other for a while and I really have to say that you fascinate me. I have grown to respect your tenacity even though I disagree with almost everything you say.

But, i do have a question. These standard responses you always give, like the one you sent just now, do you have those on a dropdown menu, i.e., Resonse #43, or do you pull them from a database?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 07:39:46 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 06:59:54 pm »
Are we quoting The DailyKos now?
Drinking already?  I'm impressed.

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2016, 07:02:15 pm »
Daniel Lin ‏@DLin71 Sep 8

Is Trump unfit? If only we had a sign…

*Praises Putin*
*Asks Russia to hack Clinton*
*Parrots Kremlin line on Russian TV*

Any sign at all…
317 retweets 608 likes

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2016, 07:39:07 pm »
Drinking already?  I'm impressed.

Very impressive response. You know, the thing that makes it such a good response is the originality. No one has ever thought to do that before.

I think we both may have imbibed a wee bit too much of the monster from time to time. But if that was a question, the answer would be not today my brother.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2016, 07:52:29 pm »
@sinkspur we have known each other for a while and I really have to say that you fascinate me. I have grown to respect your tenacity even though I disagree with almost everything you say.

But, i do have a question. These standard responses you always give, like the one you sent just now, do you have those on a dropdown menu, i.e., Resonse #43, or do you pull them from a database?

Do you have a response to the fact that Trump is a lifelong liberal and, with things like his new childcare entitlement, is reverting to his liberal roots?

You rarely discuss policy and have been reduced lately to slinging ad hominems.  Or is there nothing you can say to the objections we have to Trump?

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2016, 08:09:41 pm »
Do you have a response to the fact that Trump is a lifelong liberal and, with things like his new childcare entitlement, is reverting to his liberal roots?

You rarely discuss policy and have been reduced lately to slinging ad hominems.  Or is there nothing you can say to the objections we have to Trump?

Nope. I cannot. You win sink. I give up and want to be on your side now. Your in depth arguments have changed my mind and convinced me that Trump is a Liberal. Ok. Got it! Alright...now what? Is that all there is to it?

Voting for the GOP ticket over the last few decade has made me very used to voting for Liberals. I voted McCain, I voted Bush, I voted Romney, all were Liberals. Now I am voting Trump. I just can't see the difference.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2016, 08:32:04 pm »
Nope. I cannot. You win sink. I give up and want to be on your side now. Your in depth arguments have changed my mind and convinced me that Trump is a Liberal. Ok. Got it! Alright...now what? Is that all there is to it?

Voting for the GOP ticket over the last few decade has made me very used to voting for Liberals. I voted McCain, I voted Bush, I voted Romney, all were Liberals. Now I am voting Trump. I just can't see the difference.

Then you shouldn't vote.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2016, 08:57:35 pm »
Netanyahu has been to Moscow 3 times in the last year, Putin to Israel 1 time.

Previous Israeli PMs got along with Putin.

Bush got along with Putin.

But now things are different.

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2016, 11:49:39 pm »
Netanyahu has been to Moscow 3 times in the last year, Putin to Israel 1 time.

Previous Israeli PMs got along with Putin.

Bush got along with Putin.

But now things are different.
You say potato, I say irresponsible petty wannabe dictator.
Things are different.  Russia just invaded the Ukraine.  Netanyahu and Bush were elected officials.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2016, 02:00:39 am »
Old history... Who hit "reset" with Russia? Who told Russian prez, "I'll have more flexibility after the election"?

https://twitter.com/larryelder

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2016, 02:04:38 am »
Old history... Who hit "reset" with Russia? Who told Russian prez, "I'll have more flexibility after the election"?

https://twitter.com/larryelder
So you're saying Trump has a lot in common with the average rat.  We agree.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2016, 02:12:56 am »
I have no use for Donaldus Minimus, Hilarious Rodent Clinton, or Vlad the Impaler.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.