Author Topic: Why Trump Can Win Pennsylvania  (Read 408 times)

Offline Axel

Why Trump Can Win Pennsylvania
« on: September 18, 2016, 05:19:37 pm »
Why Trump Can Win Pennsylvania

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/438269/donald-trump-pennsylvania-path-white-house

In recent years, the state of Pennsylvania has been pithily described as “Lucy’s Football” — as a place where, however favorable the winds might seem, the Republican party’s aspirations are always thwarted. In this piece, I will make the case that, while this trend has certainly been apparent for the last couple of decades, it is by no means destined to continue forever. In making this case, I will look at the recent electoral history of the state, examine recent changes in voter registration, analyze demographic data provided by the U.S. Census, hone in on primary-season participation at both the county and municipal levels, and take into account recent polling (as of July 16, 2016). In so doing, I shall demonstrate that not only is Pennsylvania a rare brightening prospect for the GOP, but that it may in fact prove uniquely fitting for the party’s 2016 nominee, Donald Trump. For the record, I consider myself to be a Republican, albeit one for whom this election cycle has been jarring, nasty, and clarifying. As a result, writing this piece has been bittersweet. I’ve spent the better part of a decade obsessing over the prospect of Pennsylvania trending red — indeed, it has been the one thing I’ve thought and written about to the point of mania — but now, at the point at which it seems likely to happen, I am not sure how to feel about it. Anyhow.

-- snip --
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline Axel

Re: Why Trump Can Win Pennsylvania
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 05:20:28 pm »
Click the link for the full article, complete with some really informative graphics and insightful analysis. It's a lengthy read but well worth it!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 05:21:14 pm by Axel »
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election